Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 07-31-2011, 02:09 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E39 - 520iA - 2002
You can now retrofit 6NR

I found this in another forum:

We have not announced that officially as we have hands full with other work, but if you guys are interested please send us your VIN at info@bimmer-tech.net

We are currently looking for customers in NJ, FL and NorCal to start with, but you can still contact us if you live elsewhere.

Thanks!

I took contact, and here are some additional information:

You do not need Media Snapin. You can use USB cabel
The car must have the latest Software Level (March 2011)

For all other questions, take contact with Bimmer-Tech

Last edited by Oslo; 07-31-2011 at 02:19 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 07-31-2011, 05:02 AM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Ahhhh, finallyh!

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 07-31-2011, 04:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
Nice. They did think July was the month they would have it, and they came through.

I think the problem was getting a supply of boxes (post-March) and time to test it. In April/May those had to be ordered from overseas. The North American supply chain appears a bit immature.

Any cost estimates for it? I would imagine $600 - $700 but don't know. Maybe the first people will get a nice deal.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:45 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 528i
How would that affect warranty. Is this BMW approved ? Also can you update your software from your car or do you have to do it thru your computer. Thanks