Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 09-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBigMan View Post
That's a very honest answer which I can understand with and accept fully, you were happy giving up so of the Porsche's finer qualities to gain more comfort, capacity and touring capabilities. It's how I would describe the differences between the two but it all depends what you value more, someone else might take a different point of view and accept losing some comfort, capacity and touring ability for that added sparkle when pushed.

It's not a case of who's right and who's wrong, just different values that's all.

It's like going on holiday, I pick a condo near Disney that offers more space and more creature comforts but at greater value than someone else who just has to pick a top Disney hotel and is willing to pay more for a single room with a kitchen or sitting room simply to experience the whole "Disney thing". I don't for one second think the other family is mad, just that I don't hold the same holiday values.
I purchased my 550i GT because I deemed the GT the better vehicle overall v. the PanameraS - independent of price.

If I were to buy the Porsche I would be sacrificing luxury, space, and utility to gain a very small measure of sporting capacity. Let's get real, I do not track my GT and I would not track a PanameraS if I owned one. In the real world both cars offer an engaging driving experience. Yes, the Porsche feels more sports car like, but the reality is that the limits of both cars are much higher than I am able to fully exploit on the street. Make no mistake, the BMW is a very engaging car to drive in the twisties. Moreover, as long distance GT, the BMW is superior. As a sporting luxury 5 door executive express - the mission of both - the BMW is my first choice. Porsche forces me to make too many sacrifices. I think of my GT as being the love child of my former BMW 5 Series Touring and my 911 Turbo - a wild child - and bespoke first choice.

BTW - In terms of "mystique" I consider both brands to have fine pedigrees and feel excited and privileged to own either - I make no distinction.

....you pays your money and you takes your choice....

Last edited by Capobranco; 09-06-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 F10
Quote:
Yes I was intending to switch the Cayenne to the wife, anyone who has ever owned a Porsche will know that doing big mileage hurts dearly when you come to changing, in my country that means anything over 8K per year. My job meant that my mileage would greatly increase so that's the reason for the downgrade to the Audi, plain and simple. As for the Cayenne which was a new model (Jan'11 to be precise), it wasn't my intention to sell it but if you had been in my shoes and been offered the deal I was then you would have been a fool to turn it down, losing less than 10% on a new car is unheard of and an opportunity not to be missed in my book.

And another thing, who is blowing about the money they earn, certainly not me as I'm the one who can't justify buying a Panamera along with the then Cayenne I had. I pay for my cars not lease them so counting the penny is important.
Quote:
At the time I already owned a Cayenne and could justify throwing even more dosh into an even dearer Porsche which was why I was looking at the A6, 535i and E350. And for my waxed poetic about the Porsche experience, well that was proven by the price I got from dealer for my Cayenne, what BMW dealer would have given me £5k below list price for a 9 month old X5?
You bought a A6 (from the Audi dealer that gave you a good price for the Cayenne which no BMW dealer would have given you) trading in your 6 month Cayenne S which you highly extolled. Talk big about the Pana but doesn't put money in the mouth. Mucking up all over the board with posts of subtle differences and others not prepared to value such things. Big laugh.

Quote:
It's different from BMW, Audi, Mercedes, in fact everything else but it all depends on whether you value this subtle difference being worth it. In the case of the Cayenne I would definitely have to say yes but then again it isn't priced at twice the price of the BMW like it is in your country.
Quote:
Which comes back to how much you value those small improvement, to some it will never be worth it but to others it is.

It's that simple.
Quote:
That's a very honest answer which I can understand with and accept fully, you were happy giving up so of the Porsche's finer qualities to gain more comfort, capacity and touring capabilities. It's how I would describe the differences between the two but it all depends what you value more, someone else might take a different point of view and accept losing some comfort, capacity and touring ability for that added sparkle when pushed.

It's not a case of who's right and who's wrong, just different values that's all.
and 1 further point Bob, read the posts on what makes one a troll, and it's not the following mucked up definition
Quote:
If you come on any forum without owning the brand in question and don't constantly praising it well then sooner or later you will be called a troll, it's part of the game people play on forums.

Last edited by bm323; 09-06-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:10 PM

Mein Auto: Audi A6 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm323 View Post
You bought a A6 (from the Audi dealer that gave you a good price for the Cayenne which no BMW dealer would have given you) trading in your 6 month Cayenne S which you highly extolled. Talk big about the Pana but doesn't put money in the mouth. Mucking up all over the board with posts of subtle differences and others not prepared to value such things. Big laugh.
It wasnt the Audi dealer who bought the Porsche it was the Porsche dealer and yes you are right I doubt very much that either Audi or BMW would have given me a similar deal. Next you ask why I don't put my money where my mouth is and buy a Panny, well there's a simple answer to that one it doesn't have 5 seats which is something I need. And finally I haven't mucked up all over the board I think I have posted on two possibly three threads but mainly this one which is hardly filling the board as you put it.

Quote:
and 1 further point Bob, read the posts on what makes one a troll, and it's not the following mucked up definition
You clearly missed my remarks about flipping a coin decision between the A6 and F10 and being happy with either, no troll who dislike a brand would make a remark like that. Give credit where its due BMW make wonderful cars like the F10 and F07 but in my opinion neither are quite as special as the Panny which hardly makes me a troll. lol

P.S.
I was having a civilised conversation with a fellow member and owner of an F07 comparing the merits of each and how we differ so why muck up that discussion?

Last edited by BobBigMan; 09-07-2011 at 01:12 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:01 AM

Let me try to summarise this. You wax lyrical over your Cayenne, and the Pana. When asked for the reason for your earlier post about you switching your Cayenne, you say your wife is taking over it. You then went to buy an A6 and sell your Cayenne cos you said no BMW dealer would have offered you anything as high. Then you said it wasn't the Audi dealer who traded in your Cayenne. You didn't sell your Cayenne to the non BMW/Audi dealer and buy the (according to you) superior Pana. Whew, and this makes sense.

Correct me, but I don't think I have labelled you a troll. You however took it upon yourself to post
Quote:
If you come on any forum without owning the brand in question and don't constantly praising it well then sooner or later you will be called a troll, it's part of the game people play on forums.
After further thoughts, yes I do think you're a troll (based certainly not on the above definition), though not a consistent or logical one. Try a bit harder. Mind saying which BMW you've owned?

Last edited by bm323; 09-07-2011 at 02:31 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Let me try to summarise this. You wax lyrical over your Cayenne, and the Pana. When asked for the reason for your earlier post about you switching your Cayenne, you say your wife is taking over it. You then went to buy an A6 and sell your Cayenne cos you said no BMW dealer would have offered you anything as high. Then you said it wasn't the Audi dealer who traded in your Cayenne. You didn't sell your Cayenne to the non BMW/Audi dealer and buy the (according to you) superior Pana. Whew, and this makes sense.
You seem to have a problem understanding the basics, maybe following multiple posts isn't your strong suit.

1:Why switch to an A6?

Do big mileage in any Porsche and it's residuals go down the pan, due to a switch of position in my job my journey to work would mean my mileage almost doubling. Buying either the A6, 5 series or E-class was the logical step in my opinion as all three are still regarded as premium brands with a good image (something I look from any car), picking the A6 over the other was a difficult decision as all three were equally good. This was why the wife would get the Cayenne as it would continue to fulfill the family needs and still be there for me the drive occasionally.

2:Sell your Cayenne cos you said no BMW dealer would have offered you anything as high.

It's very doubtful that either the Audi or BMW dealer would have offered this high, they sell Audis and BMWs not Porsche so would end up offloading the car to the trade where as my Porsche dealer knew the demand and were getting top dollar from used examples due to the lengthy waiting period on new ones. It's one of the reasons why Porsche's residuals are so high when the cars are kept in good nick and with low mileage, limited supply means over subscribed demand.

3:Then you said it wasn't the Audi dealer who traded in your Cayenne?

If you had bother to read my posts instead of attacking you would have seen that I went to the Porsche dealer with a problem closing the boot lid (requiring a really good push) and it was during this time that the offer was suggested to me, I discussed it with the wife and the decision was made two days later.

4:Why not buy the superior Panamera?

Three very simple reasons for this (hope it's not to complicated for you.

A: Mileage, the same issues will arise with the Panamera as did with the Cayenne.
B: Number of seats, I require 5 not 4. I did suggest to the wife towing a small trailer with a single seat in it but she turned her nose up at that idea. lol
C: Price, the equivalent Panamera would have been an extra £30K more. I am all for getting a superior product be that car, dish washer, electric drill, etc but when it's beyond my current means to get it and still not meet my requirement then I have to say NO.

Quote:
Correct me, but I don't think I have labelled you a troll. You however took it upon yourself to post After further thoughts, yes I do think you're a troll (based certainly not on the above definition), though not a consistent or logical one. Try a bit harder. Mind saying which BMW you've owned?
I didn't call myself a troll, I was addressing that point to NOBRANDFANBOY who was getting beat up here for voicing his opinion. If you see me as a troll well sorry to disappoint, to be one in my opinion I would have to consistently trash the entire BMW brand which isn't something I would ever do, they make quality cars that are both exciting to look at and drive. Just in my opinion they aren't quite as exciting to drive as Porsches.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:26 AM

Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
I didn't call myself a troll, I was addressing that point to NOBRANDFANBOY who was getting beat up here for voicing his opinion. If you see me as a troll well sorry to disappoint, to be one in my opinion I would have to consistently trash the entire BMW brand which isn't something I would ever do, they make quality cars that are both exciting to look at and drive. Just in my opinion they aren't quite as exciting to drive as Porsches.
Forgot to answer one of his questions.

"Which BMW(s) have you owned" just making sure we cover all the bases.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:59 AM
Eye of the Wolf

Quote:
I was having a civilised conversation with a fellow member and owner of an F07 comparing the merits of each and how we differ so why muck up that discussion?
You were not mucking up....

Your posts have served to frame the alternative argument.

All cars have a design mission - it is legitimate to evaluate a car not only vis-a-vis alternatives but also with respect to its unique design objectives.

Both BMWs and Porsches are "special" cars but fundamentally they showcase DNA derived from their particular ethos.

Porsche attempts to infuse Sports car cues and characteristics into the Panamera. This is not without a price. One pays a substantial fee, both in terms of dollars and in the sacrifice of alternative "goods", to gain a measure of Porsche "track" feel. Porsche is compelled by its mission, to do otherwise it would sacrifice the brand's raison d'Ítre.

Does Porsche's raison d'Ítre yield the superior 4 door/ 5 door executive express sedan?
In other words, does Porsche's presumed edge on the track make it the "more special" offering on the street. I have argued no, indeed, BMW's vision is the more compelling for the real world. Overall, BMW gets more things right, at a consistently high level, that Porsche's edge is mitigated. BMW is the decathlon champion.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
You were not mucking up....

Your posts have served to frame the alternative argument.

All cars have a design mission - it is legitimate to evaluate a car not only vis-a-vis alternatives but also with respect to its unique design objectives.

Both BMWs and Porsches are "special" cars but fundamentally they showcase DNA derived from their particular ethos.

Porsche attempts to infuse Sports car cues and characteristics into the Panamera. This is not without a price. One pays a substantial fee, both in terms of dollars and in the sacrifice of alternative "goods", to gain a measure of Porsche "track" feel. Porsche is compelled by its mission, to do otherwise it would sacrifice the brand's raison d'Ítre.

Does Porsche's raison d'Ítre yield the superior 4 door/ 5 door executive express sedan?
In other words, does Porsche's presumed edge on the track make it the "more special" offering on the street. I have argued no, indeed, BMW's vision is the more compelling for the real world. Overall, BMW gets more things right, at a consistently high level, that Porsche's edge is mitigated. BMW is the decathlon champion.
In a way I do agree with you, in Porsche pursuit of giving the Panamera it's sporting edge they has made the car too much of a niche product. That isn't a problem for Porsche as they can probably sell all they can make, all I was suggesting is that there are many people out there that value Porsche idea of a sports saloon and are willing to pay the asking price and just because some here don't feel it offers great value doesn't mean it's wrong or an inferior car because of this.

Overall the F10 may well be the more complete car but for what Porsche intended the Panamera to be I at least feel it is better.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Mind saying which BMW you've owned?
Still waiting for that answer

Quote:
all I was suggesting is that there are many people out there that value Porsche idea of a sports saloon and are willing to pay the asking price and just because some here don't feel it offers great value doesn't mean it's wrong or an inferior car because of this.
And neither are BMW's as they have had, and have, their own "niche" customer bases. That isn't something that only Porsche is graced with.

Last edited by SuperTerp; 09-07-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
Still waiting for that answer
Didn't realise your request demanded an instant response.

2001 E39 530i Metallic Silver
1995 E36 328i Coupe Metallic Blue

The 328i coupe was secondhand just shy of 2 years old when I got it but the 530i was new.

Quote:
And neither are BMW's as they have had, and have, their own "niche" customer bases. That isn't something that only Porsche is graced with.
OK maybe the word niche was a bad choice to use, what I meant was Porsche design their cars to have a more sporty flavour than most and if you dislike this compromise then you should look else where. BMW are great at developing niche markets which I refer to as lifestyle.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Eye of the Wolf

Quote:
OK maybe the word niche was a bad choice to use, what I meant was Porsche design their cars to have a more sporty flavour than most and if you dislike this compromise then you should look else where. BMW are great at developing niche markets which I refer to as lifestyle.
I agree. Porsche fills niches.
BMW fills niches, but also has had success creating niches.

However, both Porsche and BMW attempt to link the values and vision inherent in
their brands to their target demographic by creating the idea of the Porsche/BMW lifestyle which constutes very viable marketing strategies.

The success of the Cayenne and the Panamera are not solely related related to their track prowess.
Indeed, I would argue that the average new Porsche buyer finds the mystique of the Porsche brand to be alluring and wishes to partake vicariously.

Last edited by Capobranco; 09-07-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
I agree. Porsche fills niches.
BMW fills niches, but also has had success creating niches.

However, both Porsche and BMW attempt to link the values and vision inherent in
their brands to their target demographic by creating the idea of the Porsche/BMW lifestyle which constutes very viable marketing strategies.

The success of the Cayenne and the Panamera are not solely related related to their track prowess.
Indeed, I would argue that the average new Porsche buyer finds the mystique of the Porsche brand to be alluring and wishes to partake vicariously.
I would go further in saying that BMW has been the most successful brand at creating niche products which work, the X6 is probably the most successful example of this and the 5GT the least successful (sorry). I also agree that the success of both the Cayenne and Panamera has nothing to do with their track prowess but I'm also sure Porsche knew this would be true yet they still went out of their way to make sure they would perform exceptionally well in that environment.

One thing I might disagree on is the idea that new buyers are solely buying into the mystique of the brand, due to their price they are usually bought by customers of maturing years (myself included) and this will be especially true for the pricey Panamera where it's customers will need to be quite successful professionally as well. We aren't won over easily, substance needs to accompany flash talk and marketing where the product needs to walk the walk and talk the talk and in the case of Porsche that means handling and feel like no other.

I'm waiting eagerly to test drive the new M5 and see if M-Division have given their car Porsche's level of involvement and control but without the same level of compromise, if they have then I will have to admit to needing to change my opinion of BMW.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Quote:
The success of the Cayenne and the Panamera are not solely related related to their track prowess...
Quote:
...One thing I might disagree on is the idea that new buyers are solely buying into the mystique of the brand, ...
We don't disagree - please note my quote.
It's all a matter of degree - a spectrum of needs and desires.

I think the most successful niche BMW popularized was concept of the sports sedan, itself, with the birth of the
1600, 2002, 2002tii. Subsequent BMW main stream offerings have been elaborations and further interpretations of the basic concept.

In general, filling a niche is much easier task, than the more dynamic and intellectually challenging, creating a niche. Creating a new market segment - redefining the parameters of the game - can offer greater rewards if you hit, but usually requires a greater commitment of resources.

Regarding your not caring for the F07 - no offense taken - most on this board would agree with you. The F07 is a polarizing design. Those of us, who are aficionados of the GT, realize that we are a small very independent minded niche. It's a big world - I think it is pretty cool, we have the choices -
I made the best one, jus' sayin'. []

Last edited by Capobranco; 09-07-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:55 PM

I didn't say I disliked the F07 only that I didn't understand the concept. I never actually took the time to measure it's boot but it didn't look to be as big as the F10 or F01 and the extra space in the rear wasn't something that I ever felt the F10 needed to begin with.

Why do you like it so much and what am I missing?
Old 09-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Quote:
I didn't say I disliked the F07 only that I didn't understand the concept. I never actually took the time to measure it's boot but it didn't look to be as big as the F10 or F01 and the extra space in the rear wasn't something that I ever felt the F10 needed to begin with.

Why do you like it so much and what am I missing?
You are not alone - most do not understand the F07...and BMW has not been much of a help...you really don't want to get me started...

I would love to answer your questions about the F07 but the F10 forum is not the appropriate place. I try to be respectful and post about the F07 on this forum only when it is relevant. Obviously, people want to talk about F10s here.

So, at your convenience, come on over to our little F07 forum and ask away...you will find us a congenial group especially to those you have an open mind and want to learn.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Didn't realise your request demanded an instant response.
Well only you can interpret how something was written (which it wasn't) I just thought it was odd it continued to get glossed over.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
Well, I saw another White, slightly modded, tinted Panamera today, and the chrome trim around the greenhouse (makes a big difference on the Panamera IMO). And I LOVED it. I can't believe that I am actually saying that I think I am fully a fan of this car, as I rarely if EVER like awkward "first-time-niche/fashion-attempting" designs and hate Hatchbacks for the most part. It's kind of like that flawed girl/guy someone will meet, that they just can't help but find and focus on the attractive parts. However, I ONLY like it in White so far, and only when it has some slight and tasteful mods.

It is, however, grossly overpriced, and although it drives great, and build quality is exceptional throughout, I think a lot of the premium is in the "Porsche Premium".

For example, the base model (and I mean BASE, i.e, one or two small options) comes out to $84K (the one I recently test-drove). I'm not a performance freak or nut, give me 250 HP in a 3500 lb car and I'm generally happy, but for a car that is mostly pricing in performance into its premium, a 300 HP V6 "Performance Car" just seems like highway robbery with that price. Visually, and even in the drive, and even in the quality, I feel a Loaded E350 or 535i, with less sticker shock, and more extensive options to spruce the cars up, are vastly better buys, and even will surpass the base Pana in some of the mentioned ways.

Same should go for the V8 variations, but here is where the Panamera premium and "Porsche Premium" become more worthwhile, as prices are surpassing $80+K anyway. The Bimmer or Benz are better buys, but the Panamera is more at home in this element, and does a better job of reminding you as to why it has such a premium priced in. Still, I wouldn't pay New Car pricing for a Panamera EVER. My price point for a V8 Panamera is $70K (obviously it would have to be Pre-Owned, as New just ain't happening with a Pana).... Any more and I'll pick something else that will please me equally, or maybe slightly more or less. With the no-depreciation factor of any V6 or V8 Panny as of yet, it might take a while for even well optioned *V6*'s to get to that price!

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.

Last edited by K-A; 09-07-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post

For example, the base model (and I mean BASE, i.e, one or two small options) comes out to $84K (the one I recently test-drove). I'm not a performance freak or nut, give me 250 HP in a 3500 lb car and I'm generally happy, but for a car that is mostly pricing in performance into its premium, a 300 HP V6 "Performance Car" just seems like highway robbery with that price.
Yep I don't put much stock into cheap horsepower, but getting spanked by some kid in his dads 2009 TL SH-AWD, or a 2008 Mustang GT for 84k is just wrong .
Old 09-08-2011, 05:15 AM
Dark Knight

Yeah I get what you're saying, though it's not like I would engage in a race them to find out. But if the Panamera is pushed as a car that has a very high premium due to its sporting nature, then 300 HP for $84K just doesn't feel right. The interior and luxury aspect of the car IS very high end, but still, not enough to justify the price IMO. For example, if I'm buying an S-Class, then I'd actually mind the 300 HP less than I do on the Panamera (and the S doesn't come with near 300 HP in the U.S anyway), as with the S, you feel like your money is going toward different areas (and no where does M-B claim the S is a performance Sedan).

Not once when I drove the Panamera V6 did I feel that it was "slow" or lacking in power (remember my frame of mind when it comes to performance on a big Sedan though, and my traffic-y location to boot), it actually felt like a very strong and torquey V6, but overall I had no idea as to how I could justify that price for a Panny with the gross stock wheels, and only option being Navigation....

Last edited by K-A; 09-08-2011 at 05:17 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Not once when I drove the Panamera V6 did I feel that it was "slow" or lacking in power (remember my frame of mind when it comes to performance on a big Sedan though, and my traffic-y location to boot), it actually felt like a very strong and torquey V6, but overall I had no idea as to how I could justify that price for a Panny with the gross stock wheels, and only option being Navigation....
I spent some time with a Turbo one (age discrimination all over MD/VA for anyone under 30, probably at the scion dealer too lol), The sales guy got quiet when I logged on my bank account from my droid and said is that enough for your car (great feeling by the way )?

But I guess I fall in the category of buyers who when you hit a set amount I'd rather they overcharge me then hand me a list to nickel and dime me all over. I just don't see adding 700-21k for individual options all over the car a privilege and some special exclusive perk.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:27 AM
Dark Knight

Quote:
I spent some time with a Turbo one (age discrimination all over MD/VA for anyone under 30, probably at the scion dealer too lol), The sales guy got quiet when I logged on my bank account from my droid and said is that enough for your car (great feeling by the way )?

But I guess I fall in the category of buyers who when you hit a set amount I'd rather they overcharge me then hand me a list to nickel and dime me all over. I just don't see adding 700-21k for individual options all over the car a privilege and some special exclusive perk.
Lol, I agree. I too don't look like your typical M-B or BMW or Porsche driver, and am under 30. Usually when I go to Dealers they don't even come to help me, unless they see me pull up in the trusty M-B. Being that I did so with the Porsche Dealership, they actually and surprisingly were more than accommodating and willing to let me drive whatever.

Worst treatment I ever got was at a BMW Dealership (where they had no idea what I pulled up in). The helpful Car Wash guy in the back (where the then brand new, just out F10's were parked) signaled for a Saleswoman, who actually came out, saw me in the F10, and said something to the nice Car Wash guy, and left, leaving him embarrassed.

I wrote an Email to the Dealer telling them what's what, and they've been on my a$$ ever since. Never will I give them my business. All the while I've given so many M-B Dealers business in this town, I get the royal treatment by them, lol.

Last edited by K-A; 09-08-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Lol, I agree. I too don't look like your typical M-B or BMW or Porsche driver, and am under 30. Usually when I go to Dealers they don't even come to help me, unless they see me pull up in the trusty M-B. Being that I did so with the Porsche Dealership, they actually and surprisingly were more than accommodating and willing to let me drive whatever.

Worst treatment I ever got was at a BMW Dealership (where they had no idea what I pulled up in). The helpful Car Wash guy in the back (where the then brand new, just out F10's were parked) signaled for a Saleswoman, who actually came out, saw me in the F10, and said something to the nice Car Wash guy, and left, leaving him embarrassed.

I wrote an Email to the Dealer telling them what's what, and they've been on my a$$ ever since. Never will I give them my business. All the while I've given so many M-B Dealers business in this town, I get the royal treatment by them, lol.
Lol I had a lady at my local dealer try to talk me out of getting an m6 she goes "oh you don't want that that's for older men with families and great insurance rates"

Last edited by SuperTerp; 09-08-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:06 AM
Dark Knight

WTF, lol.

I love it when I get "generalized" or stereotyped, passed judgement on, etc. (hey, we all gotta do it, and I understand that in Sales, it's a protective measure in many ways), and then surprise the sh** out of people. It makes it so much more fun!

Ever since I was a kid, I always thought it looked cooler to see someone who "didn't fit the stereotype/demographic" of a certain car, get out of it wearing "I don't care" clothes, over someone who gets out of a car, looking like your typical owner, snazzily dressed like they're going to some occasion, etc. It's just less typical, and makes people curious. It's like when you meet someone who looks like a bum but wears a $20K watch (who the ffffff is this dude, and what is his deal??, lol), though, expensive watches ain't my thing in the least, but it's still funny/interesting.

Last edited by K-A; 09-08-2011 at 07:08 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:51 AM

deleted

Last edited by bm323; 09-08-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:16 PM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Quote:

Hmm, I'm a middle-aged guy who drove up in an MB SL550 when I was shopping for my 550. At several dealerships, I had the salesmanager come out to assist me.

2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)