Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 08-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Car
535i xDrive vs. 550i xDrive Lease?

Hey guys. I'm trying to decide between the two. Anyone here leasing either vehicle and can provide me with some insight. Not sure whether to pickup a 2011 since the 2012's will be rolling out soon.. possibly I could get a better deal with the 2011? And what I should be looking at in terms of monthly payments? Here are my specs for each:

10k Miles. 36 Months. $0 down.

My 535i xDrive Sedan
Base MSRP $52,400
Alpine White $0
Anthracite Wood Trim $0
Cinnamon Brown Dakota Leather $1,450
Alpine White $0
Cinnamon Brown Dakota Leather $0
Anthracite Wood Trim $0
M Sport Package $6,500
Premium Package 2 $4,900
Premium Package $1,800
Smartphone Integration $0
BMW Apps $250
Destination & Handling: $875
Total MSRP as Built: $66,725
-----------------------------------
My 550i xDrive Sedan
Base MSRP $62,500
Alpine White $0
Cinnamon Brown Dakota Leather $0
Anthracite Wood Trim $0
M Sport Package $6,500
Premium Package 2 $2,800
Destination & Handling: $875
Total MSRP as Built $72,675

Thanks guys!

Last edited by 330ciPfmcePkg05; 08-01-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 08-01-2011, 05:10 PM

Going to the dealership tomorrow morning.. would really appreciate some feedback.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:21 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 2011 535xi
I really don't see the difference between the 2 cars you have posted except one is a 535 and the other is 550. You have BMW apps for the 535 and thats about it. Otherwise if you have the money I would go with the 550 since it has more power. As for numbers I don't know what you should be paying, sorry!
Old 08-01-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchlee View Post
I really don't see the difference between the 2 cars you have posted except one is a 535 and the other is 550. You have BMW apps for the 535 and thats about it. Otherwise if you have the money I would go with the 550 since it has more power. As for numbers I don't know what you should be paying, sorry!
Understood. Thanks for the response. Nobody knows the lease prices on these guys?
Old 08-02-2011, 02:42 AM

Mein Auto: 03 BMW X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ciPfmcePkg05 View Post
Understood. Thanks for the response. Nobody knows the lease prices on these guys?
The reason you are not getting more responses is because there are a lot of variables and more information needed.

Do you have Drive Event $1k bonus cash?
Are you previous BMW Owner eligible for loyalty bonus or reduced Money Factor?
What state sales tax do you pay?

I took a wag at this for comparitive purposes without having the above info as I think the compartitive results are telling.

I used the following info as a start:

10k, 36month
No loyalty or bonus cash
.00175 MF (which may be high or low depending on your location/credit tier and dealer Mark up )
8 percent sales tax
$725 Acquisition Fee
Did not use Multiple Security Deposits (These would help significantly lower the payments)

$60,630 selling price for 535 with MSRP and options as you indicate with Residual of 59%
$67,840 for the 550 with Residual of 62%

Results are:
$850/month for 535 including tax, and acquisition fee. You will need to pay security deposit and any other dealer fees.
$920/month for 550; same as above.

You should be able to do better than this if you have the Drive Event cash or loyalty, or possible a Super Elite rate that is better in your state than the subsidized lease rate and find a dealer who will not mark up MF. .00195 has been reported as the actual rate by some due to confusion over rates last month. August rates are due this week, so hopefully that will clear things up.

The point of this exercise is that compartively the 550 is not that much more per month (depending on your perspective) that the 535. Again, the above is for comparison as I have not leased either vehicle.

Suggest you read the stickie on the forum for leasing. I used the following sites to run these numbers:

http://www.ridewithg.com/calculator/index.html

http://amexnetwork.zag.com/configura...frontPricing=Y

The selling prices are about $500 over invoice with the 535 using the Nav credit.

I would defintely study up as a lease has many variables that could cost you more than necessary.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwarchitect View Post
The reason you are not getting more responses is because there are a lot of variables and more information needed.

Do you have Drive Event $1k bonus cash?
Are you previous BMW Owner eligible for loyalty bonus or reduced Money Factor?
What state sales tax do you pay?

I took a wag at this for comparitive purposes without having the above info as I think the compartitive results are telling.

I used the following info as a start:

10k, 36month
No loyalty or bonus cash
.00175 MF (which may be high or low depending on your location/credit tier and dealer Mark up )
8 percent sales tax
$725 Acquisition Fee
Did not use Multiple Security Deposits (These would help significantly lower the payments)

$60,630 selling price for 535 with MSRP and options as you indicate with Residual of 59%
$67,840 for the 550 with Residual of 62%

Results are:
$850/month for 535 including tax, and acquisition fee. You will need to pay security deposit and any other dealer fees.
$920/month for 550; same as above.

You should be able to do better than this if you have the Drive Event cash or loyalty, or possible a Super Elite rate that is better in your state than the subsidized lease rate and find a dealer who will not mark up MF. .00195 has been reported as the actual rate by some due to confusion over rates last month. August rates are due this week, so hopefully that will clear things up.

The point of this exercise is that compartively the 550 is not that much more per month (depending on your perspective) that the 535. Again, the above is for comparison as I have not leased either vehicle.

Suggest you read the stickie on the forum for leasing. I used the following sites to run these numbers:

http://www.ridewithg.com/calculator/index.html

http://amexnetwork.zag.com/configura...frontPricing=Y

The selling prices are about $500 over invoice with the 535 using the Nav credit.

I would defintely study up as a lease has many variables that could cost you more than necessary.

Hope this helps.
Thanks you very much. That is exactly what I was looking for. Your right, I forgot to include some key information.

I am a return BMW customer. I do not have any Drive Event cash bonus (could I attend one soon to obtain this?) Sales tax is 6.5%. Credit is flawless. 800+

Anything else needed? Again, I appreciate the detailed response. Thank you very much!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:06 AM

Architect.. when you say "Did not use Multiple Security Deposits (These would help significantly lower the payments)"

What does this mean specifically? I want to put $0 down correct?
Old 08-02-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ciPfmcePkg05 View Post
Architect.. when you say "Did not use Multiple Security Deposits (These would help significantly lower the payments)"

What does this mean specifically? I want to put $0 down correct?
Go to Ask a dealer forum on this website. Read thread on multiple security deposits and leasing . Can't give a more detailed response as I am occupied. Go to bmwusa.com for drive event info. Responding from droid.

Last edited by bmwarchitect; 08-02-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:19 AM

Mein Auto: 11 535xi M
Damn so now the residual on the 550 is higher than the 535? When I leased my 535 its residual was higher and the MF lower than the 550 making the payments quite a bit lower so it was logical to get the 535. If it was close I would have gotten the 550, and kind of regret it now. Get the 550 so you don't have to futilely convince yourself you got the 535 for the gas mileage like I do.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHiGolfer View Post
Damn so now the residual on the 550 is higher than the 535? When I leased my 535 its residual was higher and the MF lower than the 550 making the payments quite a bit lower so it was logical to get the 535. If it was close I would have gotten the 550, and kind of regret it now. Get the 550 so you don't have to futilely convince yourself you got the 535 for the gas mileage like I do.
Agreed. 550 for $70 or so more a month is well worth it in my opinion.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:47 PM

To 330c:

Just a reminder that the numbers I gave in my earlier response may be different depending on the deal you can work out and the dealer, loyalty, tec. but are ok for a comparison. Each component that changes affects the monthly payment. If you use the two sites I provided along with the info on lease rates in the ASK a dealer forum, you can run the scenarios yourself and check any deal you are offered.

The multiple security deposits are additional security deposits rounded to the next highest $50 above your monthly (if monthly is $758, then security deposit and additional multiple security deposits are $800. BMW allows you to deposit up to seven with a .00007 reduction in the money factor for a maximum of 7 deposits and a max reduction of .00049. This money is refunded at the end of the lease assuming you haven't damaged the car.

MSD's are not allowed in NY state, but your sales tax rate is too low for you to live New York. I don't know if there are other states that don't allow this, but you will need to check.

Good luck.