Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 08-04-2011, 02:16 PM

Mein Auto: Acura TSX
Climate Control

I have my F10 528i for three weeks, still learning all the controls. The car runs beautifully, but still taking it easy during brake-in period.
Two questions:
On climate control, the settings were on auto mode, air condition off, recirculation off, temperature setting at 16C, exterior and interior ambient temperature were 25C, engine was at running temperature. The air coming out from the upper console vent was 35C. I would expect the air should be at ambient temperature. No difference with auto mode set to off. Have any you have the same problem.
This morning, I was driving in a bright sunny day. I noticed the head light was on. The light switch was at auto position. Is there anything I did to make the light stay on without knowing it?
Before I purchased my car, I was thinking to wait for the 2012 528i. Spoke to a BMW mechanic and he said the 2011 I6 is a proven good engine; turbo 4 is new for the car and have a lot more parts. Basically, what he said was the simpler the better.
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: v8 tt
Since you have the A/C off. The air drawn from the outside passes thru the engine compartment may have warmed up the air and eventually dispersed thru the interior vents, that's why it's a bit more higher than the outstide temp.

Nothing you can do to adjust the low beam auto lights to come on, unless you manually do so.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy999 View Post
I have my F10 528i for three weeks, still learning all the controls. The car runs beautifully, but still taking it easy during brake-in period.
Two questions:
On climate control, the settings were on auto mode, air condition off, recirculation off, temperature setting at 16C, exterior and interior ambient temperature were 25C, engine was at running temperature. The air coming out from the upper console vent was 35C. I would expect the air should be at ambient temperature. No difference with auto mode set to off. Have any you have the same problem.
This morning, I was driving in a bright sunny day. I noticed the head light was on. The light switch was at auto position. Is there anything I did to make the light stay on without knowing it?
Before I purchased my car, I was thinking to wait for the 2012 528i. Spoke to a BMW mechanic and he said the 2011 I6 is a proven good engine; turbo 4 is new for the car and have a lot more parts. Basically, what he said was the simpler the better.
Did you have the red / blue dial set all the way to red?

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 08-04-2011, 02:57 PM

bobblehead: In what you suggested, the A/C is working with the warm air from the engine compartment. I don't think that is very effective and is not a good design.

Needsdecat: there is no red/blue dial on the climate control, the only dial is temperature setting for driver and passager.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i M-Sport
Quote:
bobblehead: In what you suggested, the A/C is working with the warm air from the engine compartment. I don't think that is very effective and is not a good design.

Needsdecat: there is no red/blue dial on the climate control, the only dial is temperature setting for driver and passager.
There should be a dial at the middle vent on the dash which changes from red to blue. When set to blue the air does not pass through the engine. When set to red it does if I am not mistaken.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:10 PM

The dial at the vents was set to blue. Sorry I missed that earlier
Old 08-04-2011, 03:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i M-Sport
Quote:
The dial at the vents was set to blue. Sorry I missed that earlier
Assume you have the circulation setting set to outside air, which is the only other setting I can think of.