Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 08-04-2011, 05:26 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 & BMW R1200RT
Reality Check -- About to Order 2012 X3 2.8i

This forum has been very informative and my wife and I are about to order a 2012 X3.

We're about to place an order with a local dealership here in Phoenix. As in the past, we're going through Coscto Auto Referral to avoid the haggle process.

Here's what we've selected:

X3 2.8i Alpine White
Oyster Nevada Leather (perhaps Mojave, if we can see one in person)
Siena Wood Trim
Convenience Package (ZCV)
Premium Package (ZPP)
Technology Package (ZTP)
Heated Front Seats (no longer bundled with heated steering wheel)
Satellite radio w/1 year subscription

Here are some questions we still have:

How well does the AC work for those of you who live in hot climates (like AZ)?
Do you think the Siena Wood trim goes better with Oyster than Wave? We think it might but all the X3s we've seen have the Wave trim.
Should I consider the Sports Activity Package? I'm could stand to lose a few pounds and wonder how well those seats would fit my slightly portly physique.
What's the Antracite headliner look like? Would it add to a cramped feeling in the car? Any benefits?
Any other recommendations? We did drive the 3.5i but we frankly don't need that much power. We just sold a 128i and it was fun to drive but couldn't really seat more than 2.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Ads by Google
Old 08-05-2011, 01:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertWing View Post
This forum has been very informative and my wife and I are about to order a 2012 X3.

We're about to place an order with a local dealership here in Phoenix. As in the past, we're going through Coscto Auto Referral to avoid the haggle process.

Here's what we've selected:

X3 2.8i Alpine White
Oyster Nevada Leather (perhaps Mojave, if we can see one in person)
Siena Wood Trim
Convenience Package (ZCV)
Premium Package (ZPP)
Technology Package (ZTP)
Heated Front Seats (no longer bundled with heated steering wheel)
Satellite radio w/1 year subscription

Here are some questions we still have:

How well does the AC work for those of you who live in hot climates (like AZ)?
Do you think the Siena Wood trim goes better with Oyster than Wave? We think it might but all the X3s we've seen have the Wave trim.
Should I consider the Sports Activity Package? I'm could stand to lose a few pounds and wonder how well those seats would fit my slightly portly physique.
What's the Antracite headliner look like? Would it add to a cramped feeling in the car? Any benefits?
Any other recommendations? We did drive the 3.5i but we frankly don't need that much power. We just sold a 128i and it was fun to drive but couldn't really seat more than 2.

Thanks in advance for your help!
On the wood color it is really a matter of preference. I think the lighter wood looks tacky, but I think the same about Oyster leather. Mojave leather does look a lot better in person imho, although in the end I still went with black.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:11 AM
The One who Drives.

Mein Auto: 11 f25 n55/09 Jetta TDI
Quote:
Yes! For sport seats and the smaller, meatier steering wheel. And the biggest surprise of all - we had that on my wife's e92, and now she requested it on the X3... She liked it so much.
Quote:
It... looks black. I am not sure if it adds or not... You would have to check for yourself. People say that it really works well with two-tone Oyster interior...
Quote:
Then you should be fine with the 28i. See, I had a e92 328i w/Sport, Winter etc. and I lacked power. Now I went with X3 35i.

HTH,

[d]

Trips and Pieces - My new blog for Travelers by Travelers!
Personal Euro Delivery Blog

My, somewhat outdated, BMW Euro Delivery of 2009 blog with pics!
Old 08-05-2011, 05:19 AM

Mein Auto: 1970 Chevelle SS
Can't help you on all the other questions as I have never physically seen the X3. But as far as the sport seats, if they do seem a little snug at first... use it as extra motivation to help lose some pounds.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 135i E82 MSport
It gets pretty hot here in summer, and the A/C works fine. I keep the sunroof cover closed on hot days as well.

I prefer the dark wave wood with just about every combo. It's a personal choice.

Personally, I love the sport seats and much prefer them. If you are really big, you may not like them but your call - sit in both before you decide.

Again, I prefer the anthracite headliner to the grey, which, IMO, does not match well with some interior colors.

You should be OK with the 28i, for me, coming from an M3, the 35i was a must have.
Gone: 2011 X35i, Vermillion Red, MSport.
Gone: 2007 328xiTouring, Barbera Red, Lemon, 6MT.
Gone: 2009 M3 Sedan, Alpine White, Black Novillo, M-DCT.
Gone: 2008 535xi, Alpine White, Black Dakota, MSport.
Long Gone: 11 other BMWs between 1971 and 1986.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:47 AM

Mein Auto: 135i
Sounds like a nice car. In general, BMW aren't known for their amazing AC but it should work fine. You might also want to consider the sport activity pkg for the wheels and trim / roof rails.

Second ED ???
Old 08-05-2011, 07:48 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
If you get the sport seats be sure you and your wife take a long test drive (to Sedona for lunch and back) before you commit. You may not find them comfortable (I don't). The black headliner may be "too hot" in your climate but I don't know. The black seats certainly would be ! I hope the air conditioning system has improved. When taking the daughter to the UofA my 7 series A/C was woefully inadequate in the 120 degree Tucson August. OTOH, the next year when taking her back my Tahoe could chill beef in that heat.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:23 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Personally I think White exterior with Oyster interior is a little too much. I have Alpine White with Mojave......it is a beautiful brown/grey color and goes wonderfuly with the exterior. As far as wood tirm choices, I agree it is a matter of preference. I think the Sienna is too light and looks quite cheap. Im a fan of the darker wave trim......more upscale looking.

I love the sport package as it adds a few little things to spruce up the look. The A/C works fine. I am in NY and recently went through some crazy heatwave.....the car was cool and comfortable (more comfortable than my house)

The 28 is plenty powerful and I know nothing about the Anthracit headliner.......i get the impression it will make the car seem more confined but I am not sure.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:19 PM

Mein Auto: 1970 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4guyiam View Post
Personally I think White exterior with Oyster interior is a little too much. I have Alpine White with Mojave......it is a beautiful brown/grey color and goes wonderfuly with the exterior. As far as wood tirm choices, I agree it is a matter of preference. I think the Sienna is too light and looks quite cheap. Im a fan of the darker wave trim......more upscale looking.

I love the sport package as it adds a few little things to spruce up the look. The A/C works fine. I am in NY and recently went through some crazy heatwave.....the car was cool and comfortable (more comfortable than my house)

The 28 is plenty powerful and I know nothing about the Anthracit headliner.......i get the impression it will make the car seem more confined but I am not sure.
Not to hijack this thread, but anyway you can post some pics of your Mojave leather? I am having a hard time finding good pics of that and Chesnut. I have it narrowed down to those two. Thanks.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:52 AM

Mein Auto: X3
I highly agree with the long test drive. I did not like the sport seat because of how the pressure points hit my body. I am fit and body weight proportion to height, but have a bad back and sciatica that occasionally act up and the sport seat was just wrong for me. Would have liked all th bells and whistles with the sport seat but am happy that I did not purchase that option.