Exciting Evening Part Deux
Sooooo my aux fan has been running after engine was off for the last day or so. Noticed it yesterday at work, and then went home and did a little research (I've been disconnecting battery at all times and only drove from office to home and back 5miles). Decided to start with temp sensor and picked up one today at lunch. On my way home tonight I started to smell the burning smell like this gentleman. Luckily I don't work very far from home and was very close when I started to smell it. Soon as I pulled in I noticed a little bit of smoke and quickly popped the hood. At first didn't see anything but poof and there was a nice little fire going. Ran and grabbed a bucket and knocked it out fast. Looks like the wiring on the aux fan is melted. The fan looks to have been replaced by previous owner because the fan says it was made in Taiwan by JYT? JTY? I think I read in my research that this was common cheap brand some folks use. Looks like Monday I'll be getting it towed to the shop....