Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 08-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 X3
PCD Delivery short synopsis

Just took PCD of my '11 X3, everything went splendidly. Love the mojave (bought it with out seeing it in person), and I love the AW exterior. Sports seats are super comfy for those who were wondering about them on another thread. Only issue was the stereo system was cracked and the makes a crackling noise when people talk and you turn it up a little. Had to take it in today (4 days after receiving it), and will have to bring it back monday morning since apparently nothing can be done over the weekend. Love the car though, I should have really tested the speakers before I left, oh well though.
Ads by Google
Old 08-06-2011, 08:40 PM

Mein Auto: mazdaspeed3
Did you pay extra for the pdc delivery aside from flight to NC?

Looking to do mine in sept/oct hopefully
Old 08-06-2011, 09:14 PM

its a flight to SC and no, PCD is a free option available at any dealership. I highly recommend it!
Old 08-06-2011, 10:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Way cool. A busy period at work and the 13 hour drive home are keeping me from the PCD experience. I am envious. Care to comment on the driving school portion of the PCD delivery?
Old 08-07-2011, 04:29 AM

Mein Auto: 1970 Chevelle SS
A whole forum on PCD details

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136
Old 08-07-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02420X3 View Post
Way cool. A busy period at work and the 13 hour drive home are keeping me from the PCD experience. I am envious. Care to comment on the driving school portion of the PCD delivery?
Driving portion of the PCD was great. You start out with a small amount of classroom instruction then head out on a car that is similar to the one you purchased (it is actually just the premium fully loaded version of the car you purchased) and begin with a series of exercises to demonstrate the cars safety and performance capabilities/technology. You do a series of hard braking turns to showcase the ABS system, a slalom course to teach you about car dynamics, and weight transfer, skid pad to demonstrate the DCS system, and finally a M5 hot lap with an instructor to show you what M power is all about. After all this you will either get your car or take a tour of the factory. When you go to the factory tour you will also do the BMW Roads course in an X5 unless you purchased an X3 and they will then let you do it in an X3 which handles the course like nothing. Overall its a great program and well worth the drive. This is my second PCD and have had to drive down to Miami each time which is also about 13 hours worth of driving. I learned from my first time and made a trip out of the second time and stopped in Georgia and did fun outdoorsy things. It's honestly the best way to receive you BMW (other than doing ED & PCD which I did last time on my 335). Enjoy
Old 08-15-2011, 11:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 911 C2S
Pics please? I am waiting my X3 AW/Mojave and would like to envy you for a few days.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Only in America

Mein Auto: 2011 335i Conv M Sport
+1 on the pics! Waiting for the lease program on the exact car - X3 35. AW/Mohave. Also, loved the PCD experience on my E90.