Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest East 2011

Bimmerfest East 2011
Bimmerfest is finally coming to the east coast for the 1st time on August 6, 2011!!!

Find out more about Bimmerfest East 2011 at the official event site!

Old 08-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Monkey Wrencher

Mein Auto: 2005 325i Sport 5spd
Who stayed at the DAYS INN??

It was great meeting the group from Lancaster, PA.

I adored the black on black Z3 M coupe in the parking lot and I think the blue E46 from Quebec had the best rims IMO.
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2011, 08:14 PM

Mein Auto: s50 powered 92 e36 318is
that was us from LANC.

i agree with you on both of them cars! i really liked the white 7series, and i am a sucker for e34 touring's
Old 08-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Monkey Wrencher

Yeah the 7 was nice. He had a funny sticker on the side. In icons, translated to Eat, Sleep, BMW.

Nice to meet you guys - pool party was fun.

Yeah the E34 touring with the sport edition rims was pretty nice too. I thought about editing my post to comment on that one actually.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: V8 e36, 97 M3
Part of the Lancaster crew (our town is actually Denver, but no one knows the place haha).

Nice to meet everyone at the hotel, I loved when we rolled in late Friday and the lot was full of Bmws, I knew then that it would be an awesome weekend and it was!

Sorry we hogged the pool from your kids, next time I'll try to get the other guys to share a bit better.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Monkey Wrencher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazda View Post
Part of the Lancaster crew (our town is actually Denver, but no one knows the place haha).

Nice to meet everyone at the hotel, I loved when we rolled in late Friday and the lot was full of Bmws, I knew then that it would be an awesome weekend and it was!

Sorry we hogged the pool from your kids, next time I'll try to get the other guys to share a bit better.
LOL. No problem man - we enjoyed the BMW company; it wasn't hogging. Yeah I snapped one or two pics Saturday evening after the pool. I'll have to upload them tomorrow.

Bimmerfest is definitely a unique experience for a longtime BMW guy that I'm now addicted to. I will definitely be back next year.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:09 AM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
I stayed there.. Loved looking at all of the eye candy in the parking lot!

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 08-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Monkey Wrencher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shafer View Post
I stayed there.. Loved looking at all of the eye candy in the parking lot!

Woah. No idea Jon! I'm sure you were busy but we would've loved to have caught some ear time with you.

Nevertheless, WE LOVED BIMMERFEST EAST. You did an outstanding job with the location, vendors, etc. I can't believe the turnout for the 1st run mostly because the last run of the West Coast one had roughly the same numbers on the registration stats and that's been running for a few years now.

My wife and kids loved it and we got to spend some time in Baltimore's Inner Harbor on Sunday as well. Hopefully by next year I'll have some new headlight lenses so I won't be shamed into parking as far from the show as possible. LOL.

But again - THANK YOU - this was a pleasure.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne's World View Post
Woah. No idea Jon! I'm sure you were busy but we would've loved to have caught some ear time with you.

Nevertheless, WE LOVED BIMMERFEST EAST. You did an outstanding job with the location, vendors, etc. I can't believe the turnout for the 1st run mostly because the last run of the West Coast one had roughly the same numbers on the registration stats and that's been running for a few years now.

My wife and kids loved it and we got to spend some time in Baltimore's Inner Harbor on Sunday as well. Hopefully by next year I'll have some new headlight lenses so I won't be shamed into parking as far from the show as possible. LOL.

But again - THANK YOU - this was a pleasure.

No, it was my pleasure.. Glad you had a good time.

I was on the ground floor in the back of the building on the right. Now that I have seen the layout, I hope to stay a little closer by, say the Mariott right across from the stadium...

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 08-08-2011, 05:58 PM

Mein Auto: s50 powered 92 e36 318is
jon, I wanted to find you to have a few drinks but didnt know what room you were in. mariott sounds like a good plan(days inn is kinda beat). I 2nd the turnout. it was amazing to see sooo many bmw's in one location. And it was a great show with great people, anyone i tried to talk to was more than happy to do so, unlike some other euro events where the vw/audi guys are douche bags. i dont think i herd of anyone not liking the event, so only up from here

and jon, one more thing...i think its amazing that you could probably have any bmw that you want, and you chose to drive an e36 M3 !
Old 08-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Monkey Wrencher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmwis View Post
and jon, one more thing...i think its amazing that you could probably have any bmw that you want, and you chose to drive an e36 M3 !
here here
Old 08-08-2011, 07:20 PM

Mein Auto: 745li
I stayed at Days Inn but didnt like the room at all. Had a death match with a mega fly and almost lost. Banged my foot on wall unit trying to kill a fly. Down goes Frazier.Sorry I didnt get to meet any of you but was just dead tired. Like my sticker says, eat, sleep, BMW
Old 08-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i xDrive Coupe
So when do we get Bimmerfest Midwest???
Old 08-09-2011, 03:21 PM

Mein Auto: e46 coupe
Thank you wayne's world, ive got the e46. The day's inn parking lot was full of nice cars this week end !
Old 08-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Monkey Wrencher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfc View Post
Thank you wayne's world, ive got the e46. The day's inn parking lot was full of nice cars this week end !
It's a beauty. I love those rims. Back in the day I had ADR Motorsport racing rims on my E36 coupe. and they reminded me of them. They were my favorite set of wheels I've ever had.