Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 08-08-2011, 10:57 AM

Mein Auto: e46 323i
Need help with front aero bumper retrofit

Hi guys,

Im planning to buy a front Aero bumper from a recycle yard and retrofit it to my 2004 x3.
Here are some questions I would like to ask before I jump in.

1. Do I have to buy a new kidney grille or will my present grill fit in? It seems that BMW have similar grilles till 2010.

2. Are there any other things I will have to buy aside form the lower grilles and foglight for an aero? Any Idea how much this goes at the dealer?

3. Can I use my present fog lights?

I plan to have the bumper painted and installed professionally but my only concern are the other parts aside from the bumper panel. Thanks in advance.

Ray

Last edited by sooper; 08-08-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 06 X3 Sport
Have you even looked at the car and bumper???

You don't mention what year the donor bumper is from but

Kidney's are part of hood

Compare fog cutouts, it should be pretty obvious

I would look up the parts from an 07 and compare to your 04 at Realoem.com
Something tells me there was a facelift in there in 07 that might give you some problems.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:54 PM

Mein Auto: e46 323i
Thanks for the reply, Bumper is from a pre face lift (05 model). I checked real OEM and there are dozens of parts that go inside the bumper which Im not sure if I will have to get them. I'll check the dealer for these and try to get a quote. I havent seen anybody with pics or DIY do this yet.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: M3/X3/XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooper View Post
Thanks for the reply, Bumper is from a pre face lift (05 model). I checked real OEM and there are dozens of parts that go inside the bumper which Im not sure if I will have to get them. I'll check the dealer for these and try to get a quote. I havent seen anybody with pics or DIY do this yet.
Did you complete this retrofit? I am looking to do the same thing (either Aero or M-package) within the next few weeks.