Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 08-09-2011, 06:44 AM

Mein Auto: X3
X3 - Delayed production?

Hi,

We placed an order on July 15 for an X3 through Russel BMW in Baltimore. We're told that it will probably be another two months before it can be delivered because production is delayed. Does anyone know anything about this?
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2011, 07:49 AM
The One who Drives.

Mein Auto: 11 f25 n55/09 Jetta TDI
Your dealership of choice was supposedly out of allocated vehicle production slots. I ordered on 7/26, my car finishes production tomorrow (8/10) and I am probably gonna take delivery of it by the week's end from my dealer in Boston. There is no production delay that I heard of...

Trips and Pieces - My new blog for Travelers by Travelers!
Personal Euro Delivery Blog

My, somewhat outdated, BMW Euro Delivery of 2009 blog with pics!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:47 AM

thanks for the reply, Dandanio.

I see after further research that the 2012 models will be built starting in September. Is it possible that they would still build 2011 models alongside the 2012s? Or should I presume we'll be getting a 2012?

I have a phone call in to the agent, so I should know the answer to this shortly. I'm a bit miffed at not getting a straight answer from a different agent who replied to me a few days ago; he was very vague about "delays". I hate that crap. Don't lie to me, please. That's the worst kind of salespeople, and there's no need for it. I think they despise and fear the customer, so they want to control them with misinformation.

anyway, /rant-off.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: mazdaspeed3
Opally,

Why Russel vs Towson vs Northwest vs any of the DC dealerships.

My personal experiences/thoughts are:

Towson - expensive and not hurting for business/not likely to deal

Northwest - completely ignored me when I went in for test drive, scummy place

Russel - unfamiliar

I should have my downpayment together by the end of this month so I want to place my order end of the month and will be looking for something 500-1000 over invoice - you can PM me if you don't want to post what deal you got.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:37 AM
The One who Drives.

I did 850 over invoice, just FYI. Oh, the dealer supplied me with the invoice price. Then we agreed on the markup for him.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:52 AM

Sweet, did you get 35 or 28? details details! Who should I contact?
Old 08-09-2011, 09:57 AM
The One who Drives.

35i, fully loaded except for Dynamic Handling and M-Sport and a few options. Give Alex Dytko of BMW of Peabody a call. Tell him Dan sent you.

Decoded VIN:
Code:
Vehicle description	
VIN long*	5UXWX7C5#BL#34##4*
Type code*	WX7C*
Type*	X3 35I (USA)*
Dev. series*	F25 ()*
Line*	X*
Body type*	GEFZG*
Steering*	LL*
Door count*	5*
Engine*	N55*
Cubical capacity*	3.00*
Power*	225*
Transmision*	ALLR*
Gearbox*	AUT*
Colour*	TIEFSEEBLAU METALLIC (A76)*
Upholstery*	LEDER NEVADA/CX OYSTER (LUCX)*
Prod. date*	0001-01-01*

Order options	
No.*	Description*
1CA*	SELECTION COP RELEVANT VEHICLES*
1CD*	BRAKE ENERGY REGENERATION*
2EC*	LIGHT ALLOY WHEELS Y-SPOKE 308*
2TB*	SPORTS AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION STEP.*
2VB*	TYRE PRESSURE MONITOR*
2XA*	SPORTS LEATH.STEERING WHEEL+GEAR*
216*	SERVOTRONIC*
248*	STEERING WHEEL HEATING*
249*	MULTI-FUNCTION FOR STEERING WHEEL*
3AH*	REAR VIEW CAMERA WITH TOP VIEW*
3AT*	ROOF RAILS ALUMINIUM SATINATED*
3XL*	X-LINE*
302*	ALARM SYSTEM*
316*	AUTOMATIC TAILGATE OPERATION*
319*	INTEGRATED UNIVERSAL REMOTE CONTROL*
322*	COMFORT ACCESS SYSTEM*
4CH*	FINE WOOD TRIM FINELINE WAVE*
4NE*	BLOW-BY-HEATER*
402*	PANORAMA GLASS ROOF*
413*	LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT NET*
417*	"SUNBLINDS FOR REAR SIDE WINDOWS, MECH*"
420*	SUN PROTECTION GLAZING*
430*	INT/EXT RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE*
431*	INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-D*
459*	"SEAT ADJUSTM., ELECTR. W. MEMORY*"
465*	THROUGH-LOAD SYSTEM*
481*	SPORT SEATS F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER*
488*	LUMBAR SUPPORT DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER*
493*	STORAGE COMPARTMENT PACKAGE*
494*	SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER*
496*	SEAT HEATING FOR REAR SEATS*
502*	HEADLIGHT WASHER SYSTEM*
508*	PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC)*
521*	RAIN SENSOR*
522*	XENON LIGHT*
524*	ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS*
534*	AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING*
544*	CRUISE CONTROL WITH BRAKING FUNCTION*
563*	LIGHTS PACKAGE*
6AA*	BMW TELESERVICES*
6AB*	CONTROL TELESERVICES*
6NL*	CONNECT. BLUETOOTH A.USB DEVICES IN*
6UH*	TRAFFIC INFORMATION*
6VC*	CONTROL COMBOX*
609*	NAVIGATION SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL*
615*	ERWEITERTE BMW ONLINE INFORMATION*
639*	COMPLETE PREP. CELLULAR PHONE USA/CDN*
655*	SATELLITE RADIO*
677*	HIFI SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL*
697*	AREA-CODE 1*
8KC*	OELSERVICEINT. 24.000KM/24MONTHS*
8SC*	COUNTRY SPEC. RELEASE OF TELESERVICE*
8S4*	DECODING VARIABLE LIGHT DISTRIBUTIO*
8TL*	DAYTIME LIGHTS FRONT AND REAR AKTIV*
8TN*	DAYTIME LIGHTS ABOUT LIGHTMENU ADJU*
925*	SHIPPING PROTECTION PACKAGE*

Series options	
No.*	Description*
258*	RUNFLAT TYRES*
520*	FOGLIGHTS*
645*	RADIO CONTROL US*
8SL*	PREPARATION FOR TRAILER TOW HITCH*
8SM*	"VIN, VISIBLE FROM OUTSIDE*"
823*	HOT CLIMATE VERSION*
845*	ACOUSTIC BELT WARNING*
853*	LANGUAGE VERSION ENGLISH*
876*	RADIO FREQUENCY 315 MHZ*
927*	ALL SEASON  TIRES*
992*	NUMBER PLATE ATTACHEMENT MANAGEMENT*

Old 08-09-2011, 09:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 535Xi, 2006 X3 (wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0mersimps0n View Post
Opally,

Why Russel vs Towson vs Northwest vs any of the DC dealerships.

My personal experiences/thoughts are:

Towson - expensive and not hurting for business/not likely to deal

Northwest - completely ignored me when I went in for test drive, scummy place

Russel - unfamiliar

I should have my downpayment together by the end of this month so I want to place my order end of the month and will be looking for something 500-1000 over invoice - you can PM me if you don't want to post what deal you got.
FWIW,

We live in Virginia but purchased our new X3 from VOB in Rockville. Very straightforward- they provided an estimated delivery date at the time of sale, and the car was delivered in that time frame.

Bruce
Old 08-09-2011, 10:17 AM

Mein Auto: '06 330i6 & '11 X3 2.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opally View Post
Hi,

We placed an order on July 15 for an X3 through Russel BMW in Baltimore. We're told that it will probably be another two months before it can be delivered because production is delayed. Does anyone know anything about this?
I was/am in a similar boat, ordered a X3 2.8i on 7/22 - status still shows 112 as of this morning and dealer cannot provide an estimate. I wanted to have the car by end of the month to drive for a family vacation and not rack up more miles on our trade (05 X3).

They just got one in stock that is close enough to my specs that I decided to just take it off the lot... and cancel the order.

When we ordered the car they did say 3-4 weeks, but made it sound like in most cases cars go into production within days of being ordered, so the news you heard of a production delay or maybe they are doing some retooling in the factory for the 2012s, might add up.

It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble. Its what you know for sure that ain't so. -Mark Twain
Old 08-09-2011, 11:29 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 911 C2S
Quote:
Hi,

Ordered X3 35i a week after you and should be getting it by the 23rd. May be a local dealer allocation issue and he missed the boat for a 2011?
Old 08-09-2011, 12:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Quote:
thanks for the reply, Dandanio.

I see after further research that the 2012 models will be built starting in September. Is it possible that they would still build 2011 models alongside the 2012s? Or should I presume we'll be getting a 2012?

I have a phone call in to the agent, so I should know the answer to this shortly. I'm a bit miffed at not getting a straight answer from a different agent who replied to me a few days ago; he was very vague about "delays". I hate that crap. Don't lie to me, please. That's the worst kind of salespeople, and there's no need for it. I think they despise and fear the customer, so they want to control them with misinformation.

anyway, /rant-off.
Nope, they won't be building 11's alongside 12's. August is the last production month for 11's. 12's start as of September.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:43 PM

So, surprise, I got a phone call today, and a production number. It's still estimated to be another 4-6 weeks to completion. Yes, it's still going to be model year 2011. Maybe it will turn out to be a good vintage.

I can't complain about the price. The agent I've been working with, Mark Ritter, has been great. Even with paying for delivery to Charlottesville (from Baltimore) it's still much better than the local dealer, who flat out wouldn't negotiate. I feel sad about that, because the agent spent time with us, and we drove two different model years of X3s there over the course of a year.

My strategy on this purchase was to go to truecar.com to find out dealer cost and what people are paying. From that site, I had an option to get no-obligation price-guaranteed offers, and I got some nice prices from No Va and Maryland dealerships, all within $1500 of each other. That is what connected me to Russel BMW. Once I knew what I might pay, I took that offer to the local dealership. I was willing to pay $1000 more to support local business, but they wouldn't come down, and a $2000 difference still represents a good bit of money to me.

We'll be getting a white xDrive28i with Premium package (we wanted leather seats and lumbar support), plus the GPS navigation (we're old Garmin users, but we liked the size of the screen and the dashboard integration), plus heated seats (and required heated steering wheel), plus roof rails. $41,333 including taxes, delivery, license. Sticker price is $44,165. Did I do good?

What really clinched me on the X3 was looking at the Toyota Rav4 6cyl Limited. Which is a nice car, too. But I said to myself "I'm going to pay over $30,000 when for $10,000 more I could get a new BMW? No contest!" SUVs are expensive, and that made the X3 seem less expensive.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:08 PM

Can you post/pm me ur contact at russel? Thanx
Old 08-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandanio View Post
Your dealership of choice was supposedly out of allocated vehicle production slots. I ordered on 7/26, my car finishes production tomorrow (8/10) and I am probably gonna take delivery of it by the week's end from my dealer in Boston. There is no production delay that I heard of...
Should have played them against Passport. They are big time rivals. That is who I bounce back and forth between. Russel is right down the street from me. Passport is much closer to you though and usually has better allocations.

My contact used to be the famous "Emily" she is gone now :-( . I would still deal with them just out of proximity at this point, but Passport is closer to you and very agressive in pricing.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more

Last edited by Evlengr; 08-09-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:32 AM

Quote:

My strategy on this purchase was to go to truecar.com to find out dealer cost and what people ar

We'll be getting a white xDrive28i with Premium package (we wanted leather seats and lumbar support), plus the GPS navigation (we're old Garmin users, but we liked the size of the screen and the dashboard integration), plus heated seats (and required heated steering wheel), plus roof rails. $41,333 including taxes, delivery, license. Sticker price is $44,165. Did I do good?

How much is that over invoice? Looks between the wait time and haggling, your experience was subpar compared with what others here get. I echo Alex Dytko's suggestion (Peabody); Great experience with him.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:27 AM

For you guys that went with the Peabody guy - did you have to go in person or was everything done via phone?

Peabody isn't exactly close to me at all, I'd probably have to drive, train or fly and that just adds cost to the vehicle in my eyes.

I want a PDC delivery so I really don't give a crap who I buy from cause all the same I'm going to the same place to pick it up.

I would perfer to deal face-to-face but if people are getting 800ish over invoice I can deal.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:42 AM
The One who Drives.

Quote:
For you guys that went with the Peabody guy - did you have to go in person or was everything done via phone?

Peabody isn't exactly close to me at all, I'd probably have to drive, train or fly and that just adds cost to the vehicle in my eyes.
I bought my 3 before from Alex. Now, I haven't seen him face to face, I do not need to. I ordered the car over the phone, confirmed via email, then did my credit app, scanned and emailed to him. Now, I have a car scheduled to arrive in Peabody on 8/15, which I will have to go to, meet with BMW FS person, sign the financing papers, then get a runner (a person who will drive with me to CT), and get my car registered in CT. Usually they do it for you, but it takes an extra 24 hours. I need my car ASAP! So, all in all, you do not need to meet Alex in person at all. BMW FS is a different story, but I am sure Alex can work something out with you.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:

I want a PDC delivery so I really don't give a crap who I buy from cause all the same I'm going to the same place to pick it up.

I would perfer to deal face-to-face but if people are getting 800ish over invoice I can deal.
If you are doing PDC delivery, I am (almost) sure you can deal with Alex over the phone and he will take good care of you. Actually, he is usually very responsive by email. Good guy, and I have met him three times face to face. With him for me was as easy as saying I want this car at this price and a few mins later we had a deal via email exchange, no haggling.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:38 AM

Mein Auto: X3 35I
Ordered my X3 from BMW of Alexandria (VA) just a few days earlier than yours (of July 15) and took delivery last Thursday (Aug 11).
Old 08-29-2011, 03:15 PM
Z4 Mvangelist

Mein Auto: 2003 M5-S2, 2002 540iT-S2
Got ours last Saturday, 22 days after it was ordered.