Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 08-09-2011, 03:59 PM

Mein Auto: subaru outback
what does it mean when ordered car is at preparation center?

Ordered an X3 3.5i on 7/5. The on line tracker says its at phase 4 of the production process; i.e. it is past "en route" and is at "preparation center". I called the salesperson, and was told that the on line tracking system was confusing, that the car in fact goes to the preparation center in S.C., then back to phase 3- "production" before being shipped to me ("en route?") in CA. She couldn't explain further. Anyone have any insights?
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
"At prep center" is the final stage before you car is shipped. It is done with production now and is waiting to be released to the carrier. Since you live on the West Coast it could take two + weeks to get to you. Now on the East Coast, it can arrives within days. Mine was released to the carrier on July 1st and it arrived at the dealer on July 2nd! (I'm in Michigan).
Old 08-10-2011, 10:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3
The web system has been very funky. I have been at prep waiting to be released for nearly 3 weeks. It has actually been on the train to Oxnard for the last 2. Your dealer should know where the car is. Once on the train the dealer knows the eta date to Oxnard. Then to you.