Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 09-14-2011, 06:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 M3 coupe
I don't get that either, when I see a car coming up fast behind me, I get out of the way and then tuck in behind him if he isn't going insanely fast. Better him the ticket bait than me. The two lane interstates drive me crazy as most cars are traveling in the left lane all by themselves because the right lane is usually beat up from the heavier truck traffic. That's fine but when you see some one coming up from behind, just move over to the right for a few seconds. What's so hard about that. Also I think there is a bias against nice cars in general. It's like class warfare out there.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 135i M Sport 7DCT
I think it's pretty clear where the problem stems from. In USA legislators don't care about roadworthiness of cars or endless traffics because people enjoy cruising below speed limit in left lane, they want as many cars on road as possible. It generates more sales for car manufacturers, more money for insurance companies, etc. and guess who's paying for lunches and etc of those legislators. Eventually greed will catch up with them, but it will take decades.

A lot of traffics in my area can be fixed simply by forcing drivers to follow proper road laws, but none of them know what's proper because it took them 5 minutes to get their license.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:37 PM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsleemd View Post
I don't get that either, when I see a car coming up fast behind me, I get out of the way and then tuck in behind him if he isn't going insanely fast. Better him the ticket bait than me. The two lane interstates drive me crazy as most cars are traveling in the left lane all by themselves because the right lane is usually beat up from the heavier truck traffic. That's fine but when you see some one coming up from behind, just move over to the right for a few seconds. What's so hard about that. Also I think there is a bias against nice cars in general. It's like class warfare out there.
Whenever this happens to me, if the car is not as nice as mine I think to myself "get out of my way you stupid in-bred hick". When the car is nicer than mine I think "get out of my way you elitist pr!ck". I have developed a social class or sociodemographic schema for every idiotic a-hole on the road and conveniently includes built in psychological models that explains their behavior.

As george carlin once said "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video: https://vimeo.com/60051914
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878
Old 09-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 335is DCT
People are lame. Like if you are doing 67 and you're approaching someone doing 65, sure... you can pass that car on the left. But if you did it and cut off someone on your left who is doing 80, the least you can do is pick up the freaking pace until you pass and then move out of the way and continue our 67mph drive. Don't hold the rest of traffic for the next minute and a half while you finally out pace the car on your right. If you're going to pass, commit damn it! I freaking hate that. Push it to 75 and get out already.