Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 08-14-2011, 09:29 AM

Mein Auto: X3
Paint under-spray

Noticed some paint under-spray under the hood of a black May 11 production X3 35i at the dealer. Bare sheet metal was exposed around fender area and hood cover close to the windshield. I assume they were rushing through the first batch of production and didn't do a good QC job. Anyone with this problem?
Ads by Google
Old 08-15-2011, 07:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
I am amazed that got out of the factory that way. The only other thing I can think of is it was damaged in shipment and repaired (badly).
Old 08-15-2011, 08:20 AM

Mein Auto: X3
There were bare sheet metal and very spotty paint on both left and right side-panel under the hood and the underside of the hood cover close to the windshield area. It was observed all around the hood and not in an isolated area. It's hard for to believe that they would damage the car so thoroughly during shipping.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:41 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Right, seems more like a shoddy QC than damage. Alarm Bells! A "Monday" car perhaps?
Old 08-24-2011, 04:44 PM

Mein Auto: '12 335is / '12 X3 (wife)
this is what happens when cars are made in the good 'ol U.S. of A
Old 09-06-2011, 11:17 PM

Mein Auto: Ordering X3 35i
maybe it was damaged during transport and they replaced the hood.. and choose to paint just the most visible areas :P

Last edited by bimmerrace; 09-06-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 & 328i
Thumbs down .. lousy quality controll !

greetings ... 2 deliveries - x3 from spartenburg - 328i from munich ... guess what

x3: interior quality issues like spots on dashboard - fabric coming loose - finger prints on headliner - leather seats very poorly stitched - exterior issues like 1/16" paint chip on front fender - 1/4" cut on rear fender

328i: whole front of car "peppered" with paint chips (hood and headlights - collected about a quarter cub of quartz sand inside the engine bay - found four 1/2" stones under the hood - leather seats very poorly stitched

it has been 5 weeks now and finally somebody from bmw north-america is addressing the issues - no outcome yet

both automobile went through spartenburg for final inspection before delivery !

nobody has an answer as of how and why .... we will see