Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 08-14-2011, 11:56 AM

Mein Auto: X3 25i
Sirius Radio Installation.

Hello,
New to this forum...Have posted similar to the XBimmers forum so apologize if seems double post for some.
Having trouble figuring out how to get Sirius up and running...I didn't get it as an option but now want it.
Seems like my new 2011 X3 (that has iDrive and Nav) has Sirius pre-installed and just waiting for activation.
On the Sirius Canada website "http://www.sirius.ca/en/automotive/vin-lookup.aspx" you can put in your VIN code and they can tell you if it's pre-installed or not.
But on my radio there is no satellite option to begin the activation process.
Anybody know how to proceed as Sirius is telling me I just have to activate?
Cheers!
Ads by Google
Old 10-01-2011, 06:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i xdrive
Having the same issue, but I see nobody has answered your question, so I guess im SOL too :/
Old 10-02-2011, 07:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X3 28i
You have to take it to the dealer for programming.
They will charge you for this.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. (Mark Twain)

any spelling or gramitical errors on my part are just glitches that appear to those that are not pproperly keyed into my code generator. If this occurs, pleas PM me for an updated deKription key.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:37 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 2011 X3 35i
If you look at X3 accessories, you will find the Sat Software retails for $375 US with one year service, then they charge labor on top of that. On service tech said $300, but another said $240. I'm scheduled for install tomorrow. If you don't have NAV, there is additional hardware to purchase.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:36 PM

Well isn't that a pile of crap! My salesman told me my 2011 executive edition 328i xdrive is loaded with every option available?! Why would I pay for this option when it should be included? Yes I have nav... I have everything other than Sirius apparently?!
Old 10-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonda View Post
Well isn't that a pile of crap! My salesman told me my 2011 executive edition 328i xdrive is loaded with every option available?! Why would I pay for this option when it should be included? Yes I have nav... I have everything other than Sirius apparently?!

Save your money and use your smart phone if it has decent connectivity. Can't tell you why but there is some major improvements coming your way in next month or so.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Old 10-02-2011, 07:40 PM

Ooohh yes, the sirius guy on the phone did mention getting Sirius on my iPhone as well.... I will try that! Thank you
Old 10-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonda View Post
Ooohh yes, the sirius guy on the phone did mention getting Sirius on my iPhone as well.... I will try that! Thank you

The app works well, and I know the sound is good (I worked on the team that set it up) although it could be better but I am a tweak head and never satisfied with even the best set ups. Always room for improvement. Let me know what you think
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Old 10-03-2011, 04:16 AM

Yes it works! Thank you very much! I think im going to pick up a good quality cable for it, and just use this. Sure I will hear back from the dealership today. Should be interesting

Now one more Q for you - that app will only work where I have cell service I'm guessing hey?

Thanks again for your help

Rhonda
Old 10-04-2011, 09:17 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 2011 X3 35i
I got my BMW Sirius installed. $300 for BMW software parts/license (20 % off) and $240 installation. It comes with a one year subscription. I really like the implementation, easy to browse and save channels, probably one of the easier things to conrol with iDrive. Sound quality is pretty good, but it's stil Satellite. The one thing it doesn't have is the record option. On a side note, they update the system software on the car when they do this which seemed to fix/improved a few things like the throttle hesitation when taking off from a stop.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:15 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X3 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid2 View Post
I got my BMW Sirius installed. $300 for BMW software parts/license (20 % off) and $240 installation. It comes with a one year subscription. I really like the implementation, easy to browse and save channels, probably one of the easier things to conrol with iDrive. Sound quality is pretty good, but it's stil Satellite. The one thing it doesn't have is the record option. On a side note, they update the system software on the car when they do this which seemed to fix/improved a few things like the throttle hesitation when taking off from a stop.
While there’s no record feature, I do like the pause, reverse and FF feature.

All in all, I'm happy with it.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. (Mark Twain)

any spelling or gramitical errors on my part are just glitches that appear to those that are not pproperly keyed into my code generator. If this occurs, pleas PM me for an updated deKription key.