Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:06 PM

Mein Auto: 1996 BMW 328is
bmw windowa and sunroof also starting problem

my 96 328is has been sitting for a while due to a radiator expansion tank. I repaired that problem. I was haveing a starting problem. I replaced the battery it started right away drove around the block shut it off then it would not start. My buddy came over the next day started right up. Then shut it off and it would not start kept trying it finally started it. Then I drove it to get an inspection windows and stuff worked fine. I left it running (scared it wouldnt start) passed inspection. on the way there the windows sunroof all worked it ran for abou t 2 hours then on the way home no windows no sun roof. I dont think anything in that middle collum works. flasher lights work but not the windows or lock unlock nor the sun roof. any suggetions fuses seem to be fine.

by the way it seems to be starting now just fine.

Last edited by mattnsharon7; 08-15-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Advertisement
Old 08-15-2011, 06:24 PM

Mein Auto: 1996 BMW 328is
windows sunroof and starting problems

I went back out to mess with it again. I turn the key but did not crank it. the windows went up an inch at a time and the sunroof worked. The car then would not start kept trying it and finally statrted but now no windows no sunroof. I tried to unlock it and relock it with the key the locks worked. then i played somemore starts now but no windows no sunroof or locking. I put the key back in the door and then only that door locked and unlocked.
any help would be greatly appreciated