Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 745LI
DSC module troubleshooting

For some time, for no reasons, a few times during driving, all four brakes slowly has been getting stuck, to the point, I could not drive for 30-60 min. Almost always, when I started car, a few minutes later I could feel during driving like brake releasing, easier driving. Techs tried to figure out was is wrong, but no specific code was recorded. I told them, I can fill front brakes are not completely released, I can fill vibration in steering wheel and it is eating tires(two sets in 6 months). All steering components, discs, rotors, battery… replaced, but today brakes got stuck for whole day with all those messages: ABS, Parking Brake, Stability Control malfunctions… So I took charge into my hands. I started playing with INPA and when in DSC module, I activated Front Left Exhaust Valve, all four brakes has been released immediately and I could drive. So now, I know, DSC module is causing brake are stuck. My question is: is there any way to diagnose which part is causing that problem? ABS sensor, DSC module itself…? I really do not want to go to service and replace remaining half of the car, because they know sh..t about, what is wrong. Any help with ideas is greatly appreciated.
Ads by Google
Old 08-19-2011, 09:03 PM
President

Mein Auto: BMW
DSC module does control the brakes

so that could be it

'03 745i - modded - GONE -
Old 08-21-2011, 06:35 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 745LI
Perhaps somebody knows what means " AD-Value button input S2 pressed" with value-8.7 in Parking Brake module in INPA. Now, I can turn on Parking Brake without pressing brake pedal and that also causing all brakes are getting stuck. They can be released by activating "Exhaust Valve" in DSC Module

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last edited by jacekz; 08-21-2011 at 06:41 AM.