Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:14 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 128i
Fantastic Sirius install experience

My wife just moved from a MINI to her first BMW. It is a 2011 certified preowned 128i. It it loaded with everything except for Sirius. Having been Sirius subscribers for about 10 years, my wife could not take the absence of it. At the time of purchase I tried to have the dealer install, but they wanted $480 + tax. After searching the internet I found Bimmer-tech. I was hesitant at first, but now I am so happy I found them and decided to give it a go with them.

Here's the way it went down:
1. I sent emails to Bimmer-tech. They answered every one promptly.
2. Decided to give them a try and paid for the Sirius coding using PayPal
3. A OBD to USB high quality cable arrived two days later.
4. I sent a skype message to one of the Bimmer-tech staff
5. The staff member responded promptly. I was busy so we set up an appointment for the install the next day.
6. Sit in the car with a laptop and begin a Skype session
7. Bimmer-tech took control of my laptop, installed all necessary software and started the process.
8. Per their instruction, I then connected the OBD-USB cable and let them do their magic.
9. After a total time of about 15 minutes, Sirius showed up on my NAV screen.
10. Called Sirius and gave them the identification number. The rep helped me right away and told me that I now have all Sirius channels for the next year.

I can't tell you how happy my wife and I are. I am a bargain shopper and was able to save over $160 by using bimmer-tech to complete this for me.

http://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw-...radio-retrofit_a_
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2013, 06:25 AM

Mein Auto: looking for an M rdstr
Wow...

Never knew that was possible

Checked and my 2010 has the option

This could be happening in the not to distant future!
Old 09-02-2013, 06:56 AM

Yes, I say go for it. You. Won't be disappointed. The bimmer-tech guys are professional and legit. I actually joined this forum so I could share my positive experience with others.

Rob
Brick, NJ.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:37 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 128i convertible
THis is great news if I can get it to work on my non-nav radio. I think I'll give these guys a call. Thanks for post!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:18 PM

Email them your VIN and they will tell you if your vehicle is Sat ready.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:26 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 128i convertible
Well, I did as suggested and emailed the VIN for my 2009 128i convertible to these guys and go a very prompt reply. Unfortunately (for me) their services only apply to 2010 and later cars. It was a good idea anyway... Maybe they'll start with the older cars one day.