Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds

Classifieds
Post for sale items in one of the for sale categories. Click here to browse new posts.

Old 03-28-2004, 06:00 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to DZeckhausen
Mein Auto: 2012 BMW F30 328i 8-Speed
FS: BMW MK III Navigation Computer in perfect condition

I'm selling a BMW MK III navigation computer which is in perfect working condition. It can be installed on any BMW E46 3-Series, E39 5-Series, E38 7-Series, X5, or Z8 model. I've listed it on eBay here with no reserve and a starting bid of $10: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2470467505

This is the perfect upgrade if you already have a 1997-2000 BMW with a MK I or MK II navigation computer and wish to upgrade to the faster processor of the MK III and the ability to display split screen information. (Map on the left, text and graphics on the right.) Itís also great if you are planning to add navigation to a BMW that didnít come with it originally and donít want to pay your dealer over $1,000 for the processor/CD reader alone. Finally, if you have a 2001 or 2002 model BMW and your MK III computer is broken, this is a lower cost replacement than buying and coding a new unit.

This MK III navigation computer has already been upgraded to the latest BMW operating system with the BMW v22 update CD and is at Revision 3-1/63. If you donít know what this means, you can check out this excellent tutorial at http://www.x5world.net/navfaq.htm.

Why am I selling? I pulled this computer out of my 2001 BMW 540i 6-Speed and replaced it with a brand new MK IV navigation computer which has an even faster processor and uses a single DVD for all of the USA and Canada, rather than eight individual CDs. The MK IV computer is available from Pacific BMW for about $1,400 and the map DVD is available from NAVTECH for $210. I also have a television tuner integrated with my navigation system. If you want to learn how to do this, check out http://bmwnav.com/tv.htm. Bottom line: I like the latest gadgets!

Front View

Side View

Back View

Bottom View

Serial Number

Here's what I replaced it with! A brand new $1400 DVD-based MK IV Navigation Computer

Split screen mode is possible with this MK III navigation computer

Note: the photo above was taken after I installed the MK IV computer. The display looks exactly the same when using the MK III navigation computer. My display is now reading out the distance in yards rather than feet because I haven't taken it to the dealer to have the new MK IV computer "coded" yet. The MK III computer I am selling is already coded and will read out in the proper units. Just plug in the two connectors and the GPS antenna lead and slide it into your old computer's bracket. No other configuration is required.

Another gadget I've installed on my car: NAV-TV! Yes, that's a live NASCAR race from today.

Note: The MK III navigation computer I am selling does not enable you to watch TV on your navigation screen. To do this requires buying a BMW television tuner and harness from one of several vendors who sell them in the USA. See http://bmwnav.com/tv.htm for more details.

Finally, this MK III navigation computer will work with your older small display or you can upgrade to the newer wide-screen display. If you want to buy a wide screen display, they can be purchased at http://bmwnav.com/ for a fraction of the price your BMW dealer wants. I already had the large screen display in my 2001 540i, but my neighbor's 1999 540i had the smaller display. He purchased a large screen disply from this site and I installed it for him. A 20 minute job! I know several other folks who have purchased large displays from this site, so I can vouch that it is legitimate.

If you have any other navigation upgrade questions, please feel free to contact me. I will be happy to help.

------
2012 BMW F30 328i Luxury Line 8-Speed
StopTech 4-wheel big brake upgrade

2001 BMW E39 540i 6-Speed (Traded-in for F30)
M5 Limited Slip Differential, Front Swaybar
Dinan Stage 3 Suspension, Strut Tower Brace
Rogue Short Shifter, Transmission Mounts
European Dash Conversion
CDV deleted
Ads by Google
Old 04-02-2004, 10:02 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to DZeckhausen
Mein Auto: 2012 BMW F30 328i 8-Speed
One day left on the auction. At the time of this post, there were 20 bids and it was at $356.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2470467505

------
2012 BMW F30 328i Luxury Line 8-Speed

2001 BMW E39 540i 6-Speed (Traded-in for F30)
M5 Limited Slip Differential, Front Swaybar
Dinan Stage 3 Suspension, Strut Tower Brace
Rogue Short Shifter, Transmission Mounts
European Dash Conversion
CDV deleted