Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 08-29-2011, 11:26 AM

Mein Auto: United States
Unhappy x3 leather seat rain water effect

Hi All,

I forgot to close moon roof on rainy day and had water poured into my x3. So I wanted to ask if water can damage my leather seat i.e. its material and all other factors. I can see it wrinkled. How can I restore it back? Should I use any leather conditioner? If yes which is the most reliable brand and where can I get it from.

Please get back to me as I am worried about this and eager to receive any suggestions.

Best Regards,
Dipen Patel
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 F10 528i
I think you'll find the wrinkles disappear as the leather dries out.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Leather is remarkably resilient and can handle a lot of abuse. Water is not really a problem, unless the seat is allowed to remain wet for a prolonged period. After all, cows get wet all the time! (sorry couldn't resist) Anyway, you should be fine, there are many excellent leather conditioners and everyone has their favorite. I have used the BMW stuff in the past but lately have used Zymol which seems to work a bit better, but it is mostly all good. You can also just leave it alone and it will recover by itself unless you try to heat it, like with a hair dryer (yes, people actually do that) and that does not help at all! Check on bavauto.com for some choices, and you can also get Zymol at Target for cheap!

Last edited by UncleJ; 08-30-2011 at 06:45 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 & 328i
try this

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmos View Post
Hi All,

I forgot to close moon roof on rainy day and had water poured into my x3. So I wanted to ask if water can damage my leather seat i.e. its material and all other factors. I can see it wrinkled. How can I restore it back? Should I use any leather conditioner? If yes which is the most reliable brand and where can I get it from.

Please get back to me as I am worried about this and eager to receive any suggestions.

Best Regards,
Dipen Patel
greetings

may i suggest to use a conditioner by Leather Master ... been there done that ...

you might want to stay away from any conditioners which are not purely water based since all BMW leather surfaces are "urethane" covered

this is a very nice and handy set to have (can be purchased through "detailersdomain.com" for about $45 (dont forget the 15% discount code newbie)

Leather Master Kit with Strong Cleaner, Protection, and Vital
250 ml bottles

The Leather Master Kit comes with:
1 Strong Cleaner 250 ml
1 Protection Cream 250 ml
1 Vital Conditioner 250 ml
3 Uber Small Blue Notched Applicators
3 Uber All Purpose MF 16x16

hope this helps