Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 08-31-2011, 02:19 AM

Mein Auto: 535d
Software Update Side Effects, Improvements, Etc

After having my car brought in yesterday to check on a "Replace Battery" warning message, as well as fix my DAB Radio information display (as discussed by others, information for song and artist was not showing up), my London based service adviser informed me that the vehicle will be going through a software update, which is an all day process.

While there have been various threads on various specific issues leading to the software update, and some various threads reflecting on the fix (whether it worked or not), given there seems to be numerous software updates occurring, seems as if one thread could be useful describing either side effects, success or failure following the update.

As such, if you have had the update, can you give any experiences you had with the vehicle following such update. I will do the same once I get my car back in short order.
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW F10 535D MSport
After having the update applied to my car to fix the DAB text problem around 6 months ago, I'm aware of the following problems:

1) You cannot answer the first call after starting the engine with the steering wheel. Subsequent calls are fine.
2) The display does not return to 'current playback' after the ignition has been turned off / back on again.
3) My DAB reception now seems to be horrendous, although I'm not sure if this is since the update or something else has caused it.

Sure there is something else, but I can't think exactly what!
535d MSport Carbon Black / Black Nappa / Fineline Anthracite | Visability Pack | HUD | ACC | Adaptive Drive | Folding Seats | 4 Zone Climate | Surround View | Pro NAV | USB Audio | Professional Audio | Sun Roof | Comfort Seats | Heated Seats Front / Rear | Professional Rear Seat Entertainment.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:28 PM

Mein Auto: 528i M
+1 on the first, haven't tried 2, 3 yet.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerUKF10 View Post
After having the update applied to my car to fix the DAB text problem around 6 months ago, I'm aware of the following problems:

1) You cannot answer the first call after starting the engine with the steering wheel. Subsequent calls are fine.2) The display does not return to 'current playback' after the ignition has been turned off / back on again.
3) My DAB reception now seems to be horrendous, although I'm not sure if this is since the update or something else has caused it.

Sure there is something else, but I can't think exactly what!
WTF? What do you answer with then?...That is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE!!!
Note to self: NEVER update the software on this car....

2011 528i Space Gray Metallic / Black Dakota Leather / Dark Wood Trim / Prem Pack / Nav / PDC / USB-iPod
Old 09-06-2011, 01:06 AM

Mein Auto: BMW F10 535D MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nrg View Post
WTF? What do you answer with then?...That is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE!!!
Note to self: NEVER update the software on this car....
Your right - it is totally unacceptable. Thing is I really have better things to do with my time but complain about this. After all they will only offer to downgrade which means I'll be without the car for another day or two. I live in hope they will fix this with the next update which will hopefully be ready by the time the car needs a service.

For now I have to use the iDrive controller to answer the first call.
535d MSport Carbon Black / Black Nappa / Fineline Anthracite | Visability Pack | HUD | ACC | Adaptive Drive | Folding Seats | 4 Zone Climate | Surround View | Pro NAV | USB Audio | Professional Audio | Sun Roof | Comfort Seats | Heated Seats Front / Rear | Professional Rear Seat Entertainment.