BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2012 M3 Coupe Lease Deal

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  01Byte 
#1 ·
I don't think the 2012 coupe rates and residual are out yet but I'm very interested in pulling the trigger in the next week or two if the price is right. Here are the options:
1. Coupe
2. Color: Interlagos Blue Metallic; interior - TBD but whatever is permitted under ZPP package
3. ZCP
4. ZPP
5. Dual clutch
6. BMW Apps
7. Enhance premium sound

This would be for a 3 year lease with 12K miles/yr. I like to get a quote with and without full MSD and no cap reduction.

Additionally, I would be trading in a 2010 335i xDrive coupe which I bought back in late 2009. I owe about $20K on this through BMWFS so no issue with being underwater. I would like to take the proceed of this trade-in and apply towards the M3 MSD with remaining amount return to me.

I am meeting with two dealerships on Friday to get their pricing but am open to any offers out there as well.

Please PM me with your thoughts.

Thanks,

See less See more
#8 ·
:bawling:
at least the nav credit its still available:cry:

#4 ·
Click on the attachment..

#6 ·
Your problem is the trade where you are vulnerable. It is critical to get a quote from Carmax before you start with a BMW dealer. My experience is if you do not know what your trade is worth the dealer will offer a very low number. Carmax offered me 27k on a '08 BMW I had and a local dealer offered 23.5k.

#11 ·
I went into the dealer today and they offered $25K for mine. I was surprised on how low. The car has just about every options. It has about 51K miles and I realize I was going to take a hit on it but didn't expect it to be that low. I had appraised it on the Edmund website and it showed between $33K - $36K. Nevertheless, we didn't even get to the lease part of it because of the trade-in.

What do you guys think?

#7 ·
Those are indeed horrible residuals for a new model year......more like what I would expect out of a Ford product (GM would be lower). Low residuals can be a good guide about the future resale of a vehicle.....and 52% is disappointing regardless of the intent of the BMW shopper; lease or purchase. Smart people generally pay attention to such details.

#10 · (Edited)
wow those are some bad rates residuals
This is just a case of BMW not wanting to throw much money on the table to push 2012 models right now. They probably still have some 2011s to move, and making sure that the 2012 models are a bit more expensive is a way to help dealers push the last 2011 models out the door.

Also, these are the "true" residuals and are not the subsidized residuals that you see throughout the year. BMW artificially inflates the residuals to help move cars, but those are not really what the car will be worth at the end of the lease. These residuals are a better example of the real value of the car since BMW is not putting any money into inflating them at this point.

In another month or so, the lease rates/residuals for 2012 should get much better but that will only be because BMW is subsidizing the rates and residuals to get there.

Bottom line... assuming a "normal" model year change (new model year comes out in September), you really don't see aggressive leases until BMW launches the holiday sales event for November/December. At this time of year, they are always still pushing the outgoing model year on leases. Of course, this is not the case in the years when they switch the model years in the spring.

#16 ·
That's a tough one. Looking nationally, I can't find any cars that can be used as benchmarks. There are a few 2009 with around 30k miles in the low to mid thirties.

If I was selling, I would put the initial selling price around $32k and be willing to discount a few thousand if the right buyer came along. At the end, if I got upper $20's for it I would be a happy camper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.