Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Motorsports, Racing & Track

Motorsports, Racing & Track
From Formula One to Auto-X, discuss everything related to going fast here...

Old 09-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Limb test now given to F1 drivers - European origin

This is a test F1 drivers and Indy 500 drivers must now be documented to pass.

Essentially a same-side arm and leg coordination excercise, driver must be able to:
  • Move the right foot, off the ground, and the calf, in a clockwise circular motion.
  • While doing so, write the number 6 with the right hand, in the air directly in front of the right shoulder.

If left handed, the left side is tested.

Drivers qualify for competition if they can maintain movement of the foot clockwise. Failure indicates developing neuropathy and those candidates are routed to a physician as well as having driving privileges suspended until passing an in-depth evaluation, as that inability has been linked to collisions and dangerous driving characteristics. A physician administered evaluation takes a minimum of 7 days.

Legislation is making its way through the German Bundestag and if it becomes law, all drivers living in and visiting Germany will be given the test - NHTSA officials are closely watching its progress.

Prospective European Delivery customers should be aware that, if passed, the test is expected to be given on arrival in Germany!

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 09-02-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
In reponse to that ruling 34 US states have announced that anyone who can walk and chew gum at the same time will be issued a drivers license. The other 16 states will allow anyone who can walk while carrying a pack of gum to drive.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club (Watkins Glen International)
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians

Last edited by captainaudio; 09-01-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:52 PM
(formerly SD 335is)

Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
This is a test F1 drivers and Indy 500 drivers must now be documented to pass.

Essentially a same-side arm and leg coordination excercise, driver must be able to:
  • Move the right foot, off the ground, and the calf, in a clockwise circular motion.
  • While doing so, write the number 6 with the right hand, in the air directly in front of the right shoulder.

If left handed, the left side is tested.

Drivers qualify for competition if they can maintain movement the foot clockwise. Failure indicates developing neuropathy and those candidates are routed to a physician as well as having driving privileges suspended until passing an in-depth evaluation, as that inability has been linked to collisions and dangerous driving characteristics. A physician administered evaluation takes a minimum of 7 days.

Legislation is making its way through the German Bundestag and if it becomes law, all drivers living in and visiting Germany will be given the test - NHTSA officials are closing watching its progress.

Prospective European Delivery customers should be aware, as if passed, the test is expected to be given on arrival in Germany!
Link to source please!
Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!

Old 09-02-2011, 06:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD 335is View Post
Link to source please!
Capt'n; SD....I feel your pain.

Test is deceptively simple, isn't it?
Old 09-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Cogito Ergo Zoom

Mein Auto: 325iT
I'm sure this isn't real , but give it a try. Every time I wrote the number 6 with my hand, my foot would change directions and start rotating counterclockwise. Oh, well, guess I can't be an F1 pilot anymore.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...?id=1338939628
"I May Be Going To Hell In A Bucket But At Least I'm Enjoying The Ride"
Old 09-03-2011, 08:00 AM

Mein Auto: E65,03 cobra
That just crushed my dreams of become an f1 pilot. I guess I'm just to angry to be in an f1 car.