Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 09-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03 BMW X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrich1353 View Post
The vehicles we located have been sold so I'm searching or contemplating a 2012 order. On my 2010 535I they did not charge me extra for dealer trade which was about 2 hours away, but I had to live with miles on the car before delivery. The relationship between dealers can be good or bad, not all are willing to trade or give up cars in stock. They have typically given me $300-$500 over invoice (not dealer cost) - plus I get the Nav & Loyalty incentives on the 2011. The current search has been limited to the region so the trade cost was not a separate issue. I have a couple cars further out that I have asked him your exact question, but not sure. The further the dealer, the less cooperation on giving it up. I'm contemplate buying from the distant dealer and getting a one way, but I want to trade my 2010 and don't want the unknown of trade value a distant dealer would give me unknown before driving many hours.
Thanks for the reply. Am curious if having a local dealer locate a car works well. Given the model year end they are maybe not as likely to give up a car.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
I cheaped out and did not get the heated steering wheel. I am already regretting this decision and it's not even cold yet. I am one of those people who are cold almost all the time. I am going to take the poster's advice and get some BMW driving gloves in leave them in the "glove box" full time. Hey, that's what the glove box is for, right?
Old 09-07-2011, 07:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscheflen View Post
I cheaped out and did not get the heated steering wheel. I am already regretting this decision and it's not even cold yet. I am one of those people who are cold almost all the time. I am going to take the poster's advice and get some BMW driving gloves in leave them in the "glove box" full time. Hey, that's what the glove box is for, right?
The gloves which are made of thin leather will be freezing in the winter if stored in the glove box!