Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 09-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Winter Tire Recommendation

My brother recently purchased a 550i and is looking for some winter rubber. I saw a recommendation from someone earlier this week but can't find it. What are your recommendations for tire and size? He was told by Tire Rack there are no all season RFTs available for this car..
Old 09-02-2011, 05:24 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 550i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulunderdog View Post
My brother recently purchased a 550i and is looking for some winter rubber. I saw a recommendation from someone earlier this week but can't find it. What are your recommendations for tire and size? He was told by Tire Rack there are no all season RFTs available for this car..
I have Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25 RFTs on my 550i xDrive in the winter and like them very much. These are performance winter tires, not all seasons. I think they are the best for snow and ice driving. I had Dunlop Wintersport M3s on my 650i but they were not RFTs. I think the Blizzaks are better in deep snow and ice. The Dunlops may be a little better in the dry.
550i xDrive/ImperialBlue/Beige/anthracite/DHP/sport/vent seats/convience/cold weather/driver assistance/prem 2/sport trans/fold down rears/4 zone/ACC/HUD/cameras/night vision/ipod and smart integration.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by richschneid View Post
I have Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25 RFTs on my 550i xDrive in the winter and like them very much. These are performance winter tires, not all seasons. I think they are the best for snow and ice driving. I had Dunlop Wintersport M3s on my 650i but they were not RFTs. I think the Blizzaks are better in deep snow and ice. The Dunlops may be a little better in the dry.
Ok thanks much I'll pass that on to him.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
Michelin Pilot Alpin for me