Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-09-2011, 08:46 AM
unbekannt

Mein Auto: 750Li Hi-Sec, '13 Actros
another thing you can do is play different dealers off each other, so if one gives you a decent deal, go to another and if they offer you something equal or higher, just be like "well this dealer offered me x" and usually that will help, cause the dealer doesnt want to lose your business.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Salz und Pfeffer

Mein Auto: 2014 F22 M235i
Internet sales department is the way to go.
On top of knowing exactly what you want you want to research if there are any active incentives, i.e. $1000 cash back customer loyalty incentive thru Dec. 31st, 2011 (applies if you've owned a BMW before), if you are leasing or financing the car through BMWFS there is $750 cash back thru Sept. 30th, 2011, there is an additional incentive on AWD models (- $1840.00).
If you are a BMWCC member, and have been one for more than a year, you can take an additional $500.00 off.
If you are a member of Upromise/ZAG campaign you can get an upper hand negotiating price closer or below the invoice before all the applicable incentives apply.
Good luck.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:40 PM
smooth like butter

Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i | '14 F15 X5
All statements above are useful.

FYI, we also give relationship advice.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335Is
Make sure they discount the car at the very least 3% but try for 5% they can easily do this.Be sure to order the car with the options that you plan to use and if not this will work against your budget big time and by all means shop prices from dealer to dealer even if by phone and yes this too can also be done.And most of all don't be afraid to walk that will be really effective...Good luck. Oh and make it enjoyable it's fun in the end when you achieve your goal.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:10 AM

Mein Auto: Car
I echo using the internet as a tool to buy your car.
I did the same thing, found all the dealers around me that I'm willing to travel to, and emailed them with my request. Not all got back to me, but most did. I would also add one advice. Be flexible on your "exact need". I didn't end up with my first color choice, but I'm still very happy with my end result.
From start to end, took me about 2 days to make the deal. There is no need to go into the dealership and sit there haggling price. It's a waste of your time. Do the haggling on your own time, in the comfort of your home. Only go in to the dealership for test drive and take the delivery.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:59 AM

Mein Auto: Porsches, BMW's
My wife bought hers on an impulse and still, IMHO, got a smoking deal. We had been in the dealership before she was serious and we went back and asked for the same sales guy once she got serious. The car she bought must have been on a test drive while we were there early in the day, as we didn't see it until coming back several hours later. She really wanted it then and I thought it was fairly priced at sticker (used but not a CPO). She got them to to knock $4k more off the price, throw in a 5 yr/50k mile warranty and she took it home. By then we were dealing the sales guy's assistant and after my ball-busting wife's demands, the lady gingerly asked her if she was going to buy the car if she got those concessions from her boss. Wife said yes, boss said ok and so we took it. That's not how I'd go about buying a car, but she did pretty well and the dealer was, for some reason, very motivated that weekend. They were blowing a lot of good cars out for great prices.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:45 PM
*** Team America ***

Mein Auto: 335i
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheerJamez View Post
Hey guys.. I need some help from the BMW experts out there

So I'm trying to buy a new BMW 328i Coupe and have been having the worst luck making a deal. At first I was trying to get a 2011 328i Coupe in Mineral White and must have navigation, but apparently there is only like 1 left in the country according to the dealership and it has this M Sports package that makes it around $47k and the M package is not even something I want in the car. The dealership won't budge on the price at all and it annoys me because 2011 is basically over and it was a demo car. I think they are just being like this because I'm a girl and I don't really have that much negotiating skills.

So now I was thinking of just ordering a brand new 2012 model and waiting the 2-3 months, but I need your help! What price should I be able to get this down to? I know the value package is gone for the new models.

2012 BMW 328i Coupe Mineral White, Black Dakota Leather, Bamboo Trim, Automatic with the Premium Package, and Navigation. I was thinking $43,500 after all taxes and fees. Help me! Thanks!
All the Dealers in your area--Tampa-Suck complete ass!!! I know this too well;

Reves, Clearwater, St Pete, Sarasoto.

Call Irv Robinson --a board sponsor and have him build your car in Germany;Takes around 6-7 weeks. Pick it up in BMW Performance Center in Spartenberg. The experience alone is worth the Wait.

Irv will get you a car for $1,000.00 over invoice with no BS added crap!!

Good Luck!
Old 09-18-2011, 01:49 AM

Mein Auto: 328i
OK, being a girl and recently going through the purchasing process AND sucking at negotiating, I recommend doing everything via e-mail. I did the e-mail at the beginning but ended up doing some stuff in person and that blowed. I should have stuck with e-mail all the way. Much less stressful. Good luck.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
I record several auto related shows during the week and watch them here and there when I get the chance.

Just watched the latest "Motor Week" where it said 62% of the NEW auto sales decisions are now made by women. Luckily now we have wealth of information available online. One can verify all the numbers when it comes to buying new. Every dealer now has a "internet department" basically more willing to give out quotes by email.

Back in the old days when there was no email tool, hardly any dealer would give out quotes on the phone, and many numbers were hidden from view even at the dealership, especially if one wanted to lease.

If email fails, PM our site sponsors. While there is no gaurantee you will get the absolute best deal, at least one will have peace of mind that it will be very close.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:23 AM

Mein Auto: JB 335i Coupe
Coming from another girl who just bought an '09 e92...it all depends on who you're dealing with, I've found. I bought my car from a a fairly corporate dealer of BMWs, and since they are so corporate, they have cemented but arbitrary dates as to price cuts and dates to sell by. We've been friends with our saleswoman since the purchase of our first X5 (in '01), and she filled us in on a little bit of their workings.

Coupes are a very hot commodity right now; our dealer has more in stock at this very moment than ever before. If the coupe is very desirable to you, then it's bound to be desirable to someone else. Perhaps someone who would be willing to pay the asking price for it, and dealers know this. In fact, the larger the dealer, the less likely you are to make headway, because they can afford to hold onto a vehicle for longer than say, a small one who needs to sell to stay in business. The good news is that when the car is no longer the most recent model year, they start to get more desperate, and adjust the price weekly depending on how long the car has been sitting there. The dealer I went to had a "limit" of 60 days, and by the 60th day they had cut the price a couple thousand dollars.

You might be able to get a deal yet, but if you're dealing with a corporate dealer, forget drastic negotiation, because as good as you may be, they can afford to say no to you and wait for someone else.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:12 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 335i coupe
Regarding Pricing

too bad your not in California otherwise i woulda gotten you a great deal. i just got my 2011 e92 N55 fully loaded white on red for 540 a month with 2400 down. i got the car 3 months ago. and also the 2012 model is not going to be ANY different then the 2011 except for your insurance its going to cost you a bit more just for the year number lol.