Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)

E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series E60 Sedan was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E61 wagon followed shortly there after. The E60/E61 5 series is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 10-21-2015, 07:14 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 535i
E60 Coding SpreadSheet

Can someone please PM me a link to MOST UPDATED E60 Coding Spreadsheet

Thank You.
Advertisement
Old 10-21-2015, 07:36 AM

Mein Auto: Honda
I don't know what this Spreadsheet is since I'm a new owner of a bmw.

I'll like someone to pm it to me also if possible. Thanks
Old 10-21-2015, 08:21 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsibee View Post
I don't know what this Spreadsheet is since I'm a new owner of a bmw.

I'll like someone to pm it to me also if possible. Thanks
If you don't know what it is, you should definitively stay away from it
Old 10-21-2015, 08:28 AM

Mein Auto: Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaane View Post
If you don't know what it is, you should definitively stay away from it
Lol trust that I want to know. I'm not a novice in programming but I am a total noob in bmw programming so this is definitely something I'll be getting into (recently got about 45gb worth of BMW software).

Since my BMW is the same spec as the guy that started this thread, why not benefit from it.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:34 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
Start here. Read all the posts intro posts.

http://www.bmwcoding.com/forumdispla...inner-s-Lounge

Here is a basic spreadsheet.

http://ncs-expert.com/e60-coding-options-list

Last edited by kaane; 10-21-2015 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:58 AM

Yes that Spreadsheet is way way outdated there is a much more up to date spreadsheet i had it but my laptop crashed and i lost all of my data so im reinstalled all of my software and now im just trying to get everything up to date
Old 01-15-2016, 08:49 AM

Mein Auto: 528i
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by impac4000 View Post
Yes that Spreadsheet is way way outdated there is a much more up to date spreadsheet i had it but my laptop crashed and i lost all of my data so im reinstalled all of my software and now im just trying to get everything up to date
HI there Impac4000. Were you able to get everything back up and running? Would you be able to email me or I guess what they say on these boards PM the updated coding spreadsheet?

Also, would you know why the NCSExpert software, namely INPA will not function on my Windows 7, 64-bit lap top? I am using the K + DCAN USB Interface cable purchased on Ebay and the NSCExpert software included in the CD that came with the purchased cable.

I followed some instructions found in the BMWCoding forum but they were not very thourough on installing the software and configuring the lap top. when I connect the cable to my car port and the lap top, turn the ignition key to on as the instructions suggested, followed by clicking on the INPA shortcut on the desktop, the two radio buttons for the ignition and the battery do not fill in with black, but remain empty suggesting the software is not communicating with the car computer.

All the information I have been finding on coding with NCSExpert in these forums, including the BMWCoding forum and the "You Tube" videos for that matter are poor quality and not properly DIY'd.

In Bimmerfest's E39 forum there was someone very important to the forum that goes by BummbleBee that just created an incredible and very thorough forum with incredible DIY's. I wish Bumblee Bee was part of this forum......we would have such good quality and thorough material here.

Any help to my above would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSCLEBOY View Post
HI there Impac4000. Were you able to get everything back up and running? Would you be able to email me or I guess what they say on these boards PM the updated coding spreadsheet?

Also, would you know why the NCSExpert software, namely INPA will not function on my Windows 7, 64-bit lap top? I am using the K + DCAN USB Interface cable purchased on Ebay and the NSCExpert software included in the CD that came with the purchased cable.

I followed some instructions found in the BMWCoding forum but they were not very thourough on installing the software and configuring the lap top. when I connect the cable to my car port and the lap top, turn the ignition key to on as the instructions suggested, followed by clicking on the INPA shortcut on the desktop, the two radio buttons for the ignition and the battery do not fill in with black, but remain empty suggesting the software is not communicating with the car computer.

All the information I have been finding on coding with NCSExpert in these forums, including the BMWCoding forum and the "You Tube" videos for that matter are poor quality and not properly DIY'd.

In Bimmerfest's E39 forum there was someone very important to the forum that goes by BummbleBee that just created an incredible and very thorough forum with incredible DIY's. I wish Bumblee Bee was part of this forum......we would have such good quality and thorough material here.

Any help to my above would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.
It should run on Windows7 64bit unless you are not following directions

Go into Device Manager and make sure Com Port is set to (1) and Latency setting is set to (1)
Old 01-15-2016, 05:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 550i M-Sport
Pass427

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search