Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Classic Bimmers

Classic Bimmers
Discussions pertaining to vintage and classic BMW models here...

Old 07-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Mein Auto: 83' 323is, 07' MINI JCW+
Real Drivers: 1977 BMW 530i (E12)

It's hard to beat the looks of classic BMWs and the 1977 530i in the video below, is an incredibly well preserved example.

While the E28 5-Series has developed a following thanks to its big engines and M5 submodel, the BMW E12 series was the first generation of the modern 5-Series, and represents the beginning of the legacy that has been unfolding for more than thirty years.

This example, a 1977 car owned by Jon de Jesus, is by far and away the best-preserved and most incredible E12 that I have ever seen. While the car has been fitted with new wheels and has a five-speed from a later E12 (rather than the factory four), it is incredibly original; the paint on almost all of the body is factory, with little more than attention and care to maintain its deep mahogany tone. The interior is beautiful, too, and the nice touches like the manual windows and sunroof, and the period-correct Blaupunkt analog equalizer and factory A/C controls add something special to the entire experience.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:44 PM

Mein Auto:
Ganda yan!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 08-08-2014, 03:26 PM

Mein Auto: e92 323i
Dang that is a real beauty. So classy.