Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)

X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)
The newest sport activity vehicle from BMW is a crossover-coupe style and is expected to appear sometime in 2008!

Old 09-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: German
BMW X6 Active Hybrid cancelled with a quickness

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/19/b...h-a-quickness/

Quote:
According to BimmerFile, if you're on of the tens of people looking for the Ultimately Confused Driving Machine, you should act fast to pick one up at your local dealership. The 480-horsepower, 575 pound-feet-of-torque-producing mutant X6 Active Hybrid has reached the end of its confused life. The hybrid wagon is certainly powerful, but it's also heavy. In fact, it weighs 400 pounds more than the non-hybrid X6.

Anyone who opted for the BMW X6 Active Hybrid couldn't claim they wanted a more efficient ride. The hybrid version is barely more efficient around town when compared to both the non-hybrid six-cylinder and V8 versions. So could the Active Hybrid owner claim they wanted the extra performance? Nope. The X6 Active Hybrid starts at $89,775, which puts it a hair ahead of the 555-horsepower X6M.

There will be no weeping over the loss of this awkward attempt at sporty efficiency.
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2011, 04:45 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 x6 hybrid
It all is comming to a full circle. my 2010 hybrid was the most disapointing car I have ever owned. Was in the shop more than in my garage. I have given it up and now have a 2012 x6 with all the bells and leather as my hybrid. The best part of the newer car is that is does qualify for the extended waranty 100000 or 5 years. Were any of you aware the hybrid did not qualify for that waranty?
Old 09-21-2011, 05:07 AM

Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianraysmith View Post
It all is comming to a full circle. my 2010 hybrid was the most disapointing car I have ever owned. Was in the shop more than in my garage. I have given it up and now have a 2012 x6 with all the bells and leather as my hybrid. The best part of the newer car is that is does qualify for the extended waranty 100000 or 5 years. Were any of you aware the hybrid did not qualify for that waranty?
No, and I'm glad I didn't bite as I was offered some good deals, but I was already cautious of it because of hybrid part costs. VERY glad I didn't get it.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:06 AM

x6 hybrid

The biggest issue I had was there are only 1 or 2 tec that can work on the car! So you have to plan when the car breaks down for the vacation date of staff. The dealer could not understand my concerns about that! He said BMW had excellent stranded services etc. If you have ever tried to use that part of the BMW plan out of town and no where near a dealerhip! Bad time had bay all. I do love the new 2012 x6 8cye with every option avalible! it was priced at 89,500.00 custom made for me in South Carolina. Very Happy at this point!

What did you end up gettting?
Old 09-21-2011, 10:03 AM

Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianraysmith View Post
What did you end up gettting?
I had a 335xi for 3 days (yes you read that right 3 days ) and it just wasn't the right time for me to have the car (long story)

Right now I'm in total toss up mode as what I want

335xi again (loved it for the short time I had it)
550xi (amazing and glad we were getting one)
x6 50i very nice and love LOVE how few you see on the road

not to mention all the other comparable models from other manufactures so I'm having a real hard time choosing + I don't know if I should go new or used

Very tough spot I'm in, but I guess choosing between spending 40-86k(85220) on a car isn't the worst spot you could be in life.

Last edited by SuperTerp; 09-21-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:05 AM

Good luck with your search! Stay with BMW! this is my 3rd and all have been good cars! Drive them until I reach 100,000 mile or the waranty runs out!
Old 09-28-2011, 10:25 PM

Mein Auto: CLS 550
I ordered my x6 hybrid about 2 months ago-- its here and ready to get picked up.
I got a good deal on it so thought what the hek might as well separate myself from a standard v6 or the v8... but the M was just too horrible on gas... avg of 10 in the city.

I read some bad things about the car and some good things.. I hope Im not in for a mess... I leased it so it will be covered under the warranty incase anything goes wrong...
Old 09-29-2011, 04:17 AM

brianraysmith

You should be very safe via the leasing. Not sure where you live! But, my biggest problem with my "ex" hybrid was the lack of repair-persons avalible to work on the car when needed. I have been told over and over again there are only 1 or 2 folks certified to work on these cars because of the shock harzard via the battery. That was a big turn-off for me when traveling etc. Good luck. Enjoy. I truly did enjoy mine. But just too many issue with my car! there is always one bad one. I hope I was able to kill it for all BMW lovers.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:24 PM

Mein Auto: CLS 550

I live in Ohio-- So i hope Im alright with the tecs.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:00 AM

You should be. Keep me posted about your progress. It is nice to know there are a few good hybrids out there!
Old 10-11-2011, 04:38 AM

Mein Auto:
So at the end of the day its all in the numbers, that is number of sales. The units were not moving off the shelves fast enough. Hence the big axe came in.
However, I feel the hybrid was a great idea if it could have been more agressively priced. Profits should have been slashed so that price differentials with the xDrive50i were closer.
The hybrid's ability to travel aproximately 1.5 miles at 30mph on electric power alone is laudable. Great for the enviroment and a pointer to the future in which I know that hybrid technology will vastly improve.
I love the BMW idea of not sacrificing performance. The hybrid was faster than the xDrive50i and had even more torque than the mighty M.
Sometimes setbacks lead to the greatest achievements. The challenge is now on. BMW should aim to produce a hybrid that renders fuel economy as good as an xDrive35i but with performance better than the xDrive50i and a price that is not too far north of the 50i.