Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:57 PM

Mein Auto: Dinan 550 GT
DINAN is at it again...Stage 2 released.

Stage 2 Performance Engine Software/Boost Upgrade - 550i GT w/ 15% off sale. If you have Stage 1 you only pay the difference of Stage 2.

http://www.dinancars.com/shop/D903-4...0i.aspx#page=1
550i GT Black Sapphire Metallic w/ Ivory White and Black Nappa Leather, Cold Weather Package, Sport Package, Foose Legend Staggered 20s, DVDinMotion software, and the Dinan Stage 2 Software Upgrade: Performance 501 HP @ 5000 RPM / 580 FT-LBS @ 3500 RPM (w/ Cobra iRadar)
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkcofy View Post
Stage 2 Performance Engine Software/Boost Upgrade - 550i GT w/ 15% off sale. If you have Stage 1 you only pay the difference of Stage 2.

http://www.dinancars.com/shop/D903-4...0i.aspx#page=1
Nice to see you stepping up - a real GT enthusiast!

You are going to have a very serious PanameraS beater!.

Last edited by Capobranco; 09-21-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
Nice to see you stepping up - a real GT enthusiasts!

You are going to have a very serious PanameraS beater!.
I'm scheduled this Saturday at my local deal to get the Stage 2 installed. Cannot wait. There's a particular feisty Jaguar XF at my job that needs an attitude adjustment.
550i GT Black Sapphire Metallic w/ Ivory White and Black Nappa Leather, Cold Weather Package, Sport Package, Foose Legend Staggered 20s, DVDinMotion software, and the Dinan Stage 2 Software Upgrade: Performance 501 HP @ 5000 RPM / 580 FT-LBS @ 3500 RPM (w/ Cobra iRadar)
Old 09-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Quote:
I'm scheduled this Saturday at my local deal to get the Stage 2 installed. Cannot wait. There's a particular feisty Jaguar XF at my job that needs an attitude adjustment.
I also know of a very nice Maserati GT in Cincinnati that might benefit from some BMW GT "enlightenment" - do you do contract work?
Old 09-29-2011, 11:22 PM

'S wonderful! 'S marvelous. The Dinan Stage 2 cares for me! 'S awful nice! 'S paradise. The Dinan Stage 2 'S what I love to see!

The pull of this car from a dead start is simply ridiculous. In the Stage 1, when merging into the highway the GT would haul ass, but not without a seconds pause and not until it hit 5000 rpm. Now, with all the power pull way up front the first and second gears are sinful. So much so, the Run Flats are off the car this weekend and I'm getting new rubber so I don't mind so much when the wheels chirp. Yes, a 5000 pound car can now chirp it's wheels while in motion.

Now...I have a Jaguar XF Supercharge to bully...
Old 09-30-2011, 10:25 AM
Eye of the Wolf

Quote:
'S wonderful! 'S marvelous. The Dinan Stage 2 cares for me! 'S awful nice! 'S paradise. The Dinan Stage 2 'S what I love to see!

The pull of this car from a dead start is simply ridiculous. In the Stage 1, when merging into the highway the GT would haul ass, but not without a seconds pause and not until it hit 5000 rpm. Now, with all the power pull way up front the first and second gears are sinful. So much so, the Run Flats are off the car this weekend and I'm getting new rubber so I don't mind so much when the wheels chirp. Yes, a 5000 pound car can now chirp it's wheels while in motion.

Now...I have a Jaguar XF Supercharge to bully...
Your GT is very cool

Nice to see someone exploit the dynamic potential of the GT

Living in Cincinnati - you get alot of bad weather - are you going to dedicated winters?
If so - are you using your new gorgeous wheels or are you buying a dedicated winter tire/wheel combo?

Curious - I have 15K on my GT (20 ") and need to buy tires. I was going the Pirelli 240 winters-runflat route but have reservations due to cost $2300- ouch! and short wear life. I live in the DC area but do a fair amount of spirited driving in Western MD and WV - I am most concerned with performance in the wet and cold, and light snows - I have a SUV for heavy snows. I am thinking non run-flats.

Surfing Tire-Rack I found - Continental Extreme Contact DWS - Ultra High Performance All Seasons - yeah - I know all seasons - neither fish nor fowl - but after reading the reviews by BMW and Porsche drivers - I think I might go with these and add a mobility kit. BTW these tires are at a reasonable price point.

What are you planning?

Last edited by Capobranco; 09-30-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F07 550i GT
Capo --- I got the the DWS on my 22's now, went from the Conti Sport Contact 2, but seems like in the sizes I need 265/30-22 and 295/25-22 the price is astronomical almost 550+ each and only a few places have them, Continental recommended the DWS and I have to say Im not disappointed, they arent as quiet as the others were, but traction is better, used to be able to chirp the Sports, but these arent giving right now and launch me whenever, I say go for it wont be disappointed and being able to drive in light snow is a plus (although I wont be)

As an Engineer I have to say: When all else fails read the manual. Until then, push random buttons like there is no tomorrow!
Old 10-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Eye of the Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmooth79 View Post
Capo --- I got the the DWS on my 22's now, went from the Conti Sport Contact 2, but seems like in the sizes I need 265/30-22 and 295/25-22 the price is astronomical almost 550+ each and only a few places have them, Continental recommended the DWS and I have to say Im not disappointed, they arent as quiet as the others were, but traction is better, used to be able to chirp the Sports, but these arent giving right now and launch me whenever, I say go for it wont be disappointed and being able to drive in light snow is a plus (although I wont be)
Thanks for the feedback on the Conti DWS

I need to enhance my winter driving capabilities - alot of wet driving and light snow - but I do not want to go to smaller wheels(20" now) - which makes sense dynamically but .....I think you understand. My only runflat option is - Pirelli 240s which are $2100 + installation and reportedly have a very short tread life. Sooo I think I am ready to dive into the world of non-runflats. I am looking forward to better traction in the wet and hopefully a more compliant ride!.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post

Surfing Tire-Rack I found - Continental Extreme Contact DWS - Ultra High Performance All Seasons - yeah - I know all seasons - neither fish nor fowl - but after reading the reviews by BMW and Porsche drivers - I think I might go with these and add a mobility kit. BTW these tires are at a reasonable price point.

What are you planning?
I too went with the Conts DWS. Love them. Much better than the Run Flats in both good weather and wet. We'll see if they hold up in the winter...otherwise I'll have to put 20" studless winters on the rears. I hope they behave...20" winter tires will cost $$$. I wonder if Blizzak makes them in this size. I always went with them on my 2000 540 and they were awesome in the snow.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
Quote:
We'll see if they hold up in the winter...otherwise I'll have to put 20" studless winters on the rears.
It is very unwise to not have the same tire on both ends of a vehicle for stability purposes...it's a disaster waiting to happen. The fronts do the steering and most of the braking, getting started is good, but stopping and turning is probably more important while balance is important always...
Old 10-20-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadnashuanh View Post
It is very unwise to not have the same tire on both ends of a vehicle for stability purposes...it's a disaster waiting to happen. The fronts do the steering and most of the braking, getting started is good, but stopping and turning is probably more important while balance is important always...
...good point.