Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

View Poll Results: Was Knox guilty?
Yes 12 15.38%
No 48 61.54%
I don't know/care 18 23.08%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2011, 01:05 PM
O.G.

Mein Auto: 2011 MDX, 2001 330xi
Amanda Knox - do you think she was guilty?

Wow, she was Acquitted!
Ads by Google
Old 10-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Casey!

Mein Auto: '04 330cic
I havent' followed it that closely but it does sound like the original conviction was questionable at best.

"Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em...That I've got no cerebellum" - The Ramones, "Teenage Lobotomy"
Old 10-03-2011, 01:22 PM
meroglot

Send a message via AIM to 'Cane
Mein Auto: ?
Guilty.... Of being dead sexy.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:28 PM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
Guilty.... Of being dead sexy.
I love to do the kinky sex with her.

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 330i
Certainly not guilty legally. Prosecution made some ridiculous errors, either intentionally or due to incompetence. And how can they convict another guy for the murder (Guede) and still think she's guilty?

Italians . . . they should stick to making pasta and exotic cars.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:49 PM
The King of Common Sense

Mein Auto:
she is freed.

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:13 PM

Mein Auto: 328i M-sport Coupe
My vote of no means I think she should have been found Not Guilty at the original trial based on the absurdity of the evidence. Whether she actually is innocent or guilty I have clue. It is bizzare that they convicted her and claimed she and her boyfriend cleaned up their DNA but somehow magically left behind the DNA of the murderer. At a very messy and bloody crime scene I would suggest that is nearly impossible to achieve.

Italian legal system. No there is an oxymoron.
PCD - December 16, 2009

Old 10-03-2011, 04:04 PM
The King of Common Sense

Mein Auto:
I have no idea what the evidence was. Each day, I was looking forward to checking out the pictures of her in the courtroom.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:14 PM

Mein Auto: 740iL
Italian legal system. Hmmm.. a couple weeks ago, I was watching dateline. It was talking about a couple fathers one who married an Italian woman and had a child, one with a Italian girl friend who was pregnant with his child. Both women left US and went back to Italy. US court had granted the father full custody of the son because the ex wife took the son out of the country without his consent and failed to appeal in court. And she claimed the Italian social services had his son. But camera had showed that she was hiding his son from him. He had to file in the Italian court with the support of the US court decision. But the Italian court does not recognize the US court decision. So he was left in the legal limbo in Italy. So, if you go to Italy, make sure you stay clean and don't do anything foolish.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:33 PM
The King of Common Sense

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtkw View Post
Italian legal system. Hmmm.. a couple weeks ago, I was watching dateline. It was talking about a couple fathers one who married an Italian woman and had a child, one with a Italian girl friend who was pregnant with his child. Both women left US and went back to Italy. US court had granted the father full custody of the son because the ex wife took the son out of the country without his consent and failed to appeal in court. And she claimed the Italian social services had his son. But camera had showed that she was hiding his son from him. He had to file in the Italian court with the support of the US court decision. But the Italian court does not recognize the US court decision. So he was left in the legal limbo in Italy. So, if you go to Italy, make sure you stay clean and don't do anything foolish.
That should be said about any country.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:45 PM
It's complicated

Mein Auto: 95 Alpine M3
Attractive + white + female = Innocent.

Actually she's a casual friend of my Son. He says she doesn't seem like the type that would do this. Good enough for me!

Old 10-03-2011, 05:54 PM

Mein Auto: X5
Can't wait for the movie to come out. Lindsey Lohan would be perfect for the role.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:08 PM
The King of Common Sense

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_H View Post
Attractive + white + female = Innocent.

Actually she's a casual friend of my Son. He says she doesn't seem like the type that would do this. Good enough for me!
Yea, she doesn't seem like the type to me either, innocent!

Old 10-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Grumpy and Cynical

Send a message via MSN to ed325i Send a message via Yahoo to ed325i
Mein Auto: 328Xi
There wasn't enough evidence to convict.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:30 PM
I hate doing dishes

Mein Auto: '05 X3 3.0i
No. The whole thing was ridiculous.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:44 PM
The King of Common Sense

Mein Auto:
I wouldn't trust her one bit.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Psychology Reversalist

Mein Auto: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed325i View Post
There wasn't enough evidence to convict.
There wasn't ANY evidence. ANY. Nothing. Zilch. Zero. Niente.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Renaissance Dude

Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 403K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishniknork View Post
No. The whole thing was ridiculous.
That was my take. She lived in the house, some of her DNA was found there? How could that happen?

It's unfortunately not uncommon for a man to lose it violently behind serious sexual desire that is rebuffed. Way, way, way less likely for a woman to get violent because another woman won't do a threesome or foursome involving her and her boyfriend. If she had a known history of kinky swinging, perhaps maybe but I heard nothing about that.

She behaved less than optimally before and during the trial but no way is that grounds for conviction of murder.

The prosecutors strike me as sexually repressed in a manner similar to J. Edgar Hoover. Big leaps in assumptions about sexually active youngsters.

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking, imagine themselves perfectly suited for the world as it ought to be. – anon
Old 10-04-2011, 02:23 PM

Mein Auto: '04 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
That was my take. She lived in the house, some of her DNA was found there? How could that happen?

It's unfortunately not uncommon for a man to lose it violently behind serious sexual desire that is rebuffed. Way, way, way less likely for a woman to get violent because another woman won't do a threesome or foursome involving her and her boyfriend. If she had a known history of kinky swinging, perhaps maybe but I heard nothing about that.

She behaved less than optimally before and during the trial but no way is that grounds for conviction of murder.

The prosecutors strike me as sexually repressed in a manner similar to J. Edgar Hoover. Big leaps in assumptions about sexually active youngsters.
I think there was an anti-American component as well.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:53 PM
The King of Common Sense

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris90 View Post
You really think so? I wonder why.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Renaissance Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris90 View Post
Oh those lascivious Americans. Not like the clean living people in the country with Berlusconi at the helm. One odd aspect to the story is that she went to Italy to better learn Italian. I suspect she speaks it pretty well by now.

Word I heard is that her family has financial difficulties, I would guess in large part from dealing with this. One hopes that she gets the book deal people thought what's her name (thank God I've forgot it) whose 4 year old died/was killed would get.

**EDIT**

Just found an interesting note on the anti-American angle. Not something shared by fellow prisoners apparently:

Knox, 24, left Perugia's Capanne prison Monday night amid cheers that a companion compared to those at a soccer stadium.

Hundreds of inmates -- most of them in the men's wing -- shouted "Amanda, ciao!" and "Freedom!" as she walked into the central courtyard, said Corrado Maria Daclon, head of the Italy-US Foundation, which championed Knox's cause.

"They were screaming like crazy," said Daclon, who accompanied Knox in her first hours of freedom. Daclon said Knox jumped a little for joy and waved to the prisoners.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...g=breakingnews

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking, imagine themselves perfectly suited for the world as it ought to be. – anon

Last edited by cmac2012; 10-04-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:23 PM

Mein Auto: 1998 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 330i View Post
I love to do the kinky sex with her.
i anit gonna lie, me too
Old 10-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Coconut Pete's paella!

Mein Auto: 08' 4Runner V8
NO clue - maybe if we knew for sure how often the cameras were on in the courtroom and how much of the footage we saw. One thing is for sure, I hope I'm never involved in a crime in Italy that involves detective work, they seem to have not quite mastered that yet. Reminds me of the 2nd Bourne Movie. "Locked the area down? No - this is Italy, they don't exactly lock stuff down here"

She does have financial troubles and they will all be taken care of when she gets her book deal, movie on Lifetime and photoshoot for rolling stone or whatever magazine she choses.

The same will go for Casey Anthony - it just might be a little delayed.

"Their" is a possessive pronoun. In a phrase like “Susan and Bill's car,” it could be used to to make a new phrase: “their car.”

”They're” is a contraction of “they are.”
“They are” should always be able to replace “they're.”

Extra credit: It's "I'm looking for an M3" not "I'm looking for a M3".
Old 10-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Renaissance Dude

You can just imagine the agents lining up to get a piece of the action. I hope it works out for her. It might be hard to regain some kind of even keel after an event like this.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:05 PM

Mein Auto: 335i xDrive Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 330i View Post
I have no idea what the evidence was. Each day, I was looking forward to checking out the pictures of her in the courtroom.
How old are you?