Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 09-21-2011, 11:38 AM

Mein Auto: land rover
Does blue water metallic look baby blue?

Does it look baby blue in person or more of a blue/gray? Would you recommend it for an x3? what interior looks best?
Ads by Google
Old 09-21-2011, 01:00 PM
First bimmer

Mein Auto: X3 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy09 View Post
Does it look baby blue in person or more of a blue/gray? Would you recommend it for an x3? what interior looks best?
My car is Deep Sea Blue metallic. IS that what you mean? It doesn't look baby blue at all, it look dark blue. But it's gorgeous and I've had multiple positive comments on it. Strongly recommended.

I got the leatherette black interior and I'm very happy. (winter climate, babies on the way)

Otherwise, I would have gotten the red interior.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:21 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Blue water is the lighter blue color. I have seen one and its a nice color....a little baby blue yes. Personally i do not think this color does any justice for the X3. If you do go for that color i would say the beige leatherette/leather or oyster leather is your best option. I think black would be too dark for such a light color. Mojave and Red woudl clash completely.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 335d SG/Black
It's a silvery light blue. I think some people would call it a "baby blue." I really like the color on some BMWs and would even consider getting it on a 3 series, but I like the darker colors on the X3. Don't get any color without seeing it first. You're the one who has to live with it. I personally think the medium dark to dark colors: vermillion red, sparkling bronze, space gray, deep sea blue look best on the vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bluewaterx3.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	294150  
Old 09-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Quote:
Does it look baby blue in person ...
Absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbage View Post
My car is Deep Sea Blue metallic. IS that what you mean? It doesn't look baby blue at all, it look dark blue. But it's gorgeous and I've had multiple positive comments on it. Strongly recommended.

+1

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:30 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
My '06 X3 is Deep Sea Blue and it looks like "deep sea blue" -- not a sky color but the color of the ocean away from land (if you have been to sea you know what I mean). I like the color, but I got the black interior which was a mistake! If you had to put it in "real" color terms I would say it is a "medium blue".
Old 09-22-2011, 07:46 AM

Mein Auto: land rover
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
My '06 X3 is Deep Sea Blue and it looks like "deep sea blue" -- not a sky color but the color of the ocean away from land (if you have been to sea you know what I mean). I like the color, but I got the black interior which was a mistake! If you had to put it in "real" color terms I would say it is a "medium blue".
I am actually interested in the "Blue water metallic", which is quite a light blue.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X3 28i
Quote:
I am actually interested in the "Blue water metallic", which is quite a light blue.
I had blue water metallic on my 2004 X3 and liked the color a lot.
Itís one of those colors that seems to change under different lighting conditions.
It also didnít show the dirt too much.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. (Mark Twain)

any spelling or gramitical errors on my part are just glitches that appear to those that are not pproperly keyed into my code generator. If this occurs, pleas PM me for an updated deKription key.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:31 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X3 35i
I have the blue water metallic and love it. It is a light silver blue, but I wouldn't call it a baby blue because of the metallic. I agree that it changes with the lighting. I have the oyster interior.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	with 309 wheels.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	294279  

Last edited by mibmwx3; 09-22-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:19 PM

Mein Auto: X328i
My wife's and my X3 is also the blue water metallic. Just like mibmwx3, we've also got the oyster leather interior. It's a good color and she loves it. I've never been too big noticing colors myself. All my previous car purchases were used cars that I bought for the reliability (Camrys) and this is the first brand new car that we've bought. I've been complimented by quite a few people on the color of the car. I think that you'll like it.