Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-21-2011, 01:01 PM
1STBimmer 1STBimmer is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Birmingham, AL
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 409
Mein Auto: 550i GT/X5 35d
2012 GT incentives?

Anyone ordering a 2012 was successful getting the $3500 buld-out cash credit that's out for the 11's? (or any other incentive, for that matter?
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 09-21-2011, 01:03 PM
iwantone iwantone is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 474
Mein Auto: '05Accord Cpe,'07Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1STBimmer View Post
Anyone ordering a 2012 was successful getting the $3500 buld-out cash credit that's out for the 11's? (or any other incentive, for that matter?
I'd like to know as well..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-22-2011, 06:24 AM
Wardman Wardman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Philadelphia
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 246
Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535ix GT
2012 vs 2011 pricing

I just ordered a 2012. iwantone and I have gone back and forth on the pricing.

What I've found is that the 2011 $3500 rebate is to bring the pricing back in line with the new 2012 that includes the ZVP. That said, the 2011 always priced out more for what is left on the lot with the rebate, because you are getting lots of extra "stuff" that I think BMW is acknowledging by offering the ZVP, and it has not resonated as "need to have" (comfort close doors, garage door opener as part of a $2200 package with tailgate lift, etc, etc...).

Price the two out, and push hard for 2012 to be better pricing and I think you'll be suprised. I'm ok with my pricing.

iwantone - any other comments?

Last edited by Wardman; 09-22-2011 at 06:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-22-2011, 07:06 AM
mycabrandz mycabrandz is online now
Registered User
Location: Bay Area, CA
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 77
Mein Auto: BMW 535i GT
Just ordered a 2012 GT and requested the $3500 credit (also tried for the $1730 option credit) but CA confirmed only 2011 MY qualifies for the incentive.
__________________
Mycabrandz

2012 535i GT ED 1/9/2012

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-22-2011, 08:47 AM
iwantone iwantone is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 474
Mein Auto: '05Accord Cpe,'07Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardman View Post
I just ordered a 2012. iwantone and I have gone back and forth on the pricing.

What I've found is that the 2011 $3500 rebate is to bring the pricing back in line with the new 2012 that includes the ZVP. That said, the 2011 always priced out more for what is left on the lot with the rebate, because you are getting lots of extra "stuff" that I think BMW is acknowledging by offering the ZVP, and it has not resonated as "need to have" (comfort close doors, garage door opener as part of a $2200 package with tailgate lift, etc, etc...).

Price the two out, and push hard for 2012 to be better pricing and I think you'll be suprised. I'm ok with my pricing.

iwantone - any other comments?
I agree with Wardman. To summarize the deal I am getting -

MSRP - $64,025
ED Invoice - $55,125
Selling price - $55,395 ($270 markup on invoice)

This is for 535 Xi GT with Metallic, ZSP, ZCW and Sat

Fees are -
Acquisition fees - $725
NJ tax + ttl + reg - $530
Doc fee aka some more profit - $239.50

$0 cap cost reduction
MF = 0.00176 which is 0.00195 (base) + 0.0003 (ED adder) - 0.00049 (multiple MSD)
Monthly - $707

Total out the door - $6727.3 ($5250 deposits + first months payment+ fees as above)

I think this is a good deal.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-22-2011, 03:07 PM
iwantone iwantone is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 474
Mein Auto: '05Accord Cpe,'07Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantone View Post
I agree with Wardman. To summarize the deal I am getting -

MSRP - $64,025
ED Invoice - $55,125
Selling price - $55,395 ($270 markup on invoice)

This is for 535 Xi GT with Metallic, ZSP, ZCW and Sat

Fees are -
Acquisition fees - $725
NJ tax + ttl + reg - $530
Doc fee aka some more profit - $239.50

$0 cap cost reduction
MF = 0.00176 which is 0.00195 (base) + 0.0003 (ED adder) - 0.00049 (multiple MSD)
Monthly - $707

Total out the door - $6727.3 ($5250 deposits + first months payment+ fees as above)

I think this is a good deal.
Ordering tonight -

2102 535 XDrive GT, Neptune Blue, Black dakota leather, Ash grain trim, ZCW, Multi contour, HUD and satellite radio


Monthly payment of $701.56. MF is 0.00166 (base 0.00185). 12K miles/ year
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-22-2011, 05:00 PM
Wardman Wardman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Philadelphia
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 246
Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535ix GT
Congrats!

I know how you feel after going through all the possible options/choices over and over again.

Now you get to watch the production timeline (once they give you get a VIN assigned).

The wait is on!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-22-2011, 06:40 PM
1STBimmer 1STBimmer is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Birmingham, AL
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 409
Mein Auto: 550i GT/X5 35d
I've got an order for a 550i GT - Carbon Black/Black Nappa/2NG/6NR/ZCV/ZCW/ZDA/ZDH/ZLS/ZMP/ZVP
36mo/12kmi.
Neg price $73540 + $800 for the dealer.
Monthy payment is $ 672+tax ~ $685.

Still no VIN assigned and it's been on order for a couple of weeks already (although just changed the order to add xdrive).
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Wardman Wardman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Philadelphia
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 246
Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535ix GT
The change probably pushed back your VIN. I had my VIN about 3 days after the order was placed a few weeks back.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-23-2011, 11:47 AM
1STBimmer 1STBimmer is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Birmingham, AL
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 409
Mein Auto: 550i GT/X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardman View Post
The change probably pushed back your VIN. I had my VIN about 3 days after the order was placed a few weeks back.
Accordign to my CA the 'new' car started production today. They changed my production# so yeah, the VIN will change. However in my mind I thought it was just like changing any other option (oh, i forgot I want the HUD or something like that) but looks like in this case I chose to change the whole car...Very impressed that BMW has the flexibility to do this, and still honor my ED Date.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-23-2011, 12:16 PM
iwantone iwantone is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 474
Mein Auto: '05Accord Cpe,'07Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1STBimmer View Post
I've got an order for a 550i GT - Carbon Black/Black Nappa/2NG/6NR/ZCV/ZCW/ZDA/ZDH/ZLS/ZMP/ZVP
36mo/12kmi.
Neg price $73540 + $800 for the dealer.
Monthy payment is $ 672+tax ~ $685.

Still no VIN assigned and it's been on order for a couple of weeks already (although just changed the order to add xdrive).
What was the cap cost reduction?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-23-2011, 12:25 PM
1STBimmer 1STBimmer is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Birmingham, AL
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 409
Mein Auto: 550i GT/X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantone View Post
What was the cap cost reduction?
Short answer: $0

Long answer: Read below

The updated numbers are (Since the new is optioned slightly diferent).

US MSRP: $82075
NET CAP COST: $71885 (ED invoice + 800)
Net MF: .00190 (Base Rate) - .0003 (loyalty) + .0003 (ED) - .00049 (Max MSD) = 0.00141

Payment (Dep + Int + tax) = 469.30 + 178.89 +17.34 = 665.53

Due at signing= 7 MSD + 1st Mo + lease inception fee + registration.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-23-2011, 12:51 PM
iwantone iwantone is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 474
Mein Auto: '05Accord Cpe,'07Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1STBimmer View Post
Short answer: $0

Long answer: Read below

The updated numbers are (Since the new is optioned slightly diferent).

US MSRP: $82075
NET CAP COST: $71885 (ED invoice + 800)
Net MF: .00190 (Base Rate) - .0003 (loyalty) + .0003 (ED) - .00049 (Max MSD) = 0.00141

Payment (Dep + Int + tax) = 469.30 + 178.89 +17.34 = 665.53

Due at signing= 7 MSD + 1st Mo + lease inception fee + registration.
I dont get this. What was the residual and how many miles? The payment should be closer to the ~$900 mark...Are you sure you have no down payment or trade in?

Last edited by iwantone; 09-23-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-23-2011, 02:47 PM
iwantone iwantone is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 474
Mein Auto: '05Accord Cpe,'07Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantone View Post
I dont get this. What was the residual and how many miles? The payment should be closer to the ~$900 mark...Are you sure you have no down payment or trade in?
Ok...confirmed residual on 2012 550 XI GT is 67% Vs. 535 XI which is 60%

Time to reconfigure and change order
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-23-2011, 05:54 PM
1STBimmer 1STBimmer is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Birmingham, AL
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 409
Mein Auto: 550i GT/X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantone View Post
Ok...confirmed residual on 2012 550 XI GT is 67% Vs. 535 XI which is 60%

Time to reconfigure and change order
Exactly! That's what I did too! At first i couldnt believe the difference in residual, and even the MF is lower... Makes absolutely no sense to me. The payment on the RWD would've been $812...

Edit: fixed. sorry my iPad autocorrect makes no sense sometimes.

Last edited by 1STBimmer; 09-23-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Wardman Wardman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Philadelphia
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 246
Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535ix GT
Interesting

1stbimmer - what are you actually putting down on the car? It looks to be about 9-10K, is that true (not sure what MSD's are).

I'm putting 18.5 down in trade, getting 18k miles a year, and paying $390/month including taxes for a 535ix GT adding comfort seating and heated front seats (63.2 list)

Thanks!

Last edited by Wardman; 09-23-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-23-2011, 07:41 PM
1STBimmer 1STBimmer is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Birmingham, AL
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 409
Mein Auto: 550i GT/X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardman View Post
1stbimmer - what are you actually putting down on the car? It looks to be about 9-10K, is that true (not sure what MSD's are).

I'm putting 18.5 down in trade, getting 18k miles a year, and paying $390/month including taxes for a 535ix GT adding comfort seating and heated fron seats (63.2 list)

Thanks!
I am not putting anything down in the form of cap cost reduction but I am putting down 7 msd which will be refunded to me once the lease is up. Lease is 36mo/ 12k mi./yr.

The lower price is because ED prices are discounted about 8% off US prices.

Multiple security deposits are a tool that allows you to lower your MF by putting the deposits down. The MSDs are fully refundable at the end of the lease. Each SD lowers the MF 0.00007 points. You can put down a maximum of 7 for a MF reduction of 0.00049. One SD= one monthly payment rounded up to the next 50 or 100. (e.g., 749 mo = 750 SD; 751 mo = 800 SD)

Last edited by 1STBimmer; 09-23-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Wardman Wardman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Philadelphia
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 246
Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535ix GT
Gotcha - so about $7500 out of pocket and $4200 back at the end for the MSD's (Not sure if MSD's are just payment or tax too). If I'm wrong on the upfront payments, can you let us know - we're all working towards the same thing with our respective dealers. Thanks!

And you're doing ED so that cuts the list price back by about 6K.

I'm asking my dealer if the 550ix is a better deal. Not going to do ED myself, just can't. Kids/family/ect...

THANKS!

Wardman

Last edited by Wardman; 09-23-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-23-2011, 08:01 PM
iwantone iwantone is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 474
Mein Auto: '05Accord Cpe,'07Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardman View Post
Gotcha - so about $7500 out of pocket and $4200 back at the end for the MSD's (Not sure if MSD's are just payment or tax too). If I'm wrong on the upfront payments, can you let us know - we're all working towards the same thing with our respective dealers. Thanks!

And you're doing ED so that cuts the list price back by about 6K.

I'm asking my dealer if the 550ix is a better deal. Not going to do ED myself, just can't. Kids/family/ect...

THANKS!

Wardman
550IX is an awesome deal. spoke to my dealer. putting in my revised order tomorrow. 67% residual + MSD's + ED makes a huge difference...Expecting to pay the same monthly payment on the 550 as I was on the 535ix, with the exception that the 550ix will have ZVP, ZCV, ZCW, ZDA, ZSP and ZLS...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-23-2011, 08:08 PM
iwantone iwantone is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 474
Mein Auto: '05Accord Cpe,'07Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardman View Post
Gotcha - so about $7500 out of pocket and $4200 back at the end for the MSD's (Not sure if MSD's are just payment or tax too). If I'm wrong on the upfront payments, can you let us know - we're all working towards the same thing with our respective dealers. Thanks!

And you're doing ED so that cuts the list price back by about 6K.

I'm asking my dealer if the 550ix is a better deal. Not going to do ED myself, just can't. Kids/family/ect...

THANKS!

Wardman
SD's are based on total monthly payment rounded up to the closest $50. so $655/month payment will result in a SD of $700. So 7 msd's max means $4900 SD refundable at lease end. This will reduce your money factor by 0.00049
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Wardman Wardman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Philadelphia
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 246
Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535ix GT
Wow - I guess I'm getting the poor mans BMW

Can't wait to talk to my dealer in the morning! But probably cannot fight the residual on the 535 since that is what I want to stay with right now.

Iwanteone, based upon you calculators, how much a month does buying down the MF save you (7 MSD's). Have you figured that out. Not like money is making anything in the market right now!

I just saw you posted the percent, but I don't have a calc to figure out what that means $$ wise - is that easy to calculate?

Just got your PM - thanks! 2 weeks in to the build, what to do/think about now....

Last edited by Wardman; 09-23-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-23-2011, 09:03 PM
1STBimmer 1STBimmer is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Birmingham, AL
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 409
Mein Auto: 550i GT/X5 35d
Did you find out that's the residual on the 535i xDrive? The high residual may be an xDrive 'thing' (Since winter is coming and all).
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-23-2011, 09:13 PM
Wardman Wardman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Philadelphia
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 246
Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535ix GT
I think the low residual for me is 18K miles a year, and also that there is 2011 535ix GT still out there. I'll press for lower money factor and upped residual when the deal happens in a few weeks. I have to watch my trade value though too (saw your Carmax suggestion) but can walk if I need to.

Wardman
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Wardman Wardman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Philadelphia
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 246
Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535ix GT
Did you both see this?

Is the dealer giving you the high residual on the 550's?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BMW 2012 Programs.pdf (112.2 KB, 226 views)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-23-2011, 09:22 PM
iwantone iwantone is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 474
Mein Auto: '05Accord Cpe,'07Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardman View Post
Wow - I guess I'm getting the poor mans BMW

Can't wait to talk to my dealer in the morning! But probably cannot fight the residual on the 535 since that is what I want to stay with right now.

Iwanteone, based upon you calculators, how much a month does buying down the MF save you (7 MSD's). Have you figured that out. Not like money is making anything in the market right now!

I just saw you posted the percent, but I don't have a calc to figure out what that means $$ wise - is that easy to calculate?

Just got your PM - thanks! 2 weeks in to the build, what to do/think about now....
Per my calculations, I save a little over $3K over 3 years from putting down 7 SD's.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms