Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-25-2011, 08:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 Diesel X5 & MBZ R350
Smile 2 month old 335 got into a freeway incident - but Total Protection saved the day!

Gotta love the fact that driving on freeways is a hazardous roll of the dice each time you hop on!

Got a terrible scar on the front bumper cover while driving 75 MPH on the freeway when a truck lost a parcel sized box and decided to bounce onto my front bumper and roll off the top:

Luckily, I bought an insurance policy on just this type of hazard from my dealer 2 months ago.

So I made an appointment and took it to my 3rd party auto protection place who happened to have his office at my dealer and voila - saved me over $1500 in body shop repairs (quoted by many body shops). All of the body shops said they would have to replace the entire bumper front cover and repaint.

Not Total Protection out of Orange, CA - they said they do an epoxy repair and will smooth out and repaint the entire bumper at no charge. Plus they found my curb rashed wheels and got my wheels refinished at no charge!

Here is my after photos - front bumper repaired and repainted:

Wheels that had curb rash repaired, refinished and clear coated looking new:

Bottom line: Paid $1000 for this 3 year coverage and already after 2 months of road hazards & curb parking boo boos - saved $2500 !

The best news: I still have 34 months of coverage available just in case!

Last edited by Pat_X5; 09-25-2011 at 08:27 AM. Reason: pictures resized
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2011, 10:02 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '08 Bmw 335i E92
and no deductible? Thats a great deal then, I have 2 door dings already since I've gotten my car that would have come in handy.