Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)

X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)
The newest sport activity vehicle from BMW is a crossover-coupe style and is expected to appear sometime in 2008!

Old 09-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Original *****

Mein Auto: '09 E90 LCI
Facelift!!!!

The X6 gets the full LED headlight treatment! Finally! Take a look at the lights, the reflector assy, looks much like the new 6 series!

Spy Photos: 2012 BMW X6 Facelift

One more thing,

Quote:
The second-generation BMW X6 will be built under the internal code F16 and will arrive in 2014.
Is this a short run on the LCI?

Last edited by FCBayernFTW; 09-25-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Be My Wife.

Send a message via MSN to sunstorm
Mein Auto: BMW, only BMW.
2013 x6?
Old 09-27-2011, 05:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X6M
Arriving in 2014, making it a MY2015? Yeah, that'd make the LCI a short-run, indeed. When is the new X5 due? Wouldn't the X6 be a year behind that?

2014 BMW X6 ///M | SpaceGray/BlackPerforatedFullMerino/CarbonLeather
2014 BMW 328xi Touring M-Sport | GlacierSilver/BlackDakota/DarkBurlWalnut
2014 BMW X6 35i M-Perf | TitaniumSilver/BlackNappa/DarkBamboo [wife's ride]

BMW HISTORY | '13 650xiGC, '12 650xi, '11 535xi, '11 X6 50i, '09 750i, '09 328xiT, '08 650i, '07 750i, '07 X5 4.8i, '06 650i, '05 745i, '05 325xiT, '03 745i, '02 745i, '01 325Cic, '01 X5 4.4i, and on...
Old 09-30-2011, 10:15 AM

Mein Auto: '05 E66
I don't like it at all & hope it won't be like this. Reason I like the X6 is that it looks so beastly, and like it's ready to charge at you. This facelift makes it look weak, and like a wussy

www.fquick.com/N62B44_SGM

2005 BMW 745Li E66 Sterling Grey Metallic / 35% Tint (windows) / 20% Tint (tails) / ACS Roof Spoiler / Interior & Exterior LED's / MTEC V3's / 6000K D2S /
DDM Tuning HID 6000K Fogs / BIMMERFEST license plate cover
Old 10-10-2011, 07:50 PM

Mein Auto:
The question is: does the X6 really need a facelift? The answer surely is: only if it looks better. However is "better" not a subjective term. Answer is no! or at least not always. Some things are obvious. Nobody will sincerely look at Beyonce or a young Robert Redford and say that they're ugly. It is universally accepted that certain people have above average looks.
Adjectives that describe the X6 are unusual, virile, piercing looks. If BMW can accentuate these variables, the X6 facelift may make the vehicle more appealing.
From the photo above it looks like "eyeliner" has been applied to the headlights and the foglights have been moved laterally. This will weaken the virile looks of the X6. Perhaps that is the effect BMW are looking for.
In my considered opinion, anything that detracts from virility should be avoided. I'm not saying that the X6 must look aggresive like for instance the 5GT; I'm only stating that virility in terms of determination and athleticism should be maintained. Eyeliner and lateral foglight displacement will not achieve that. Slight inward rotation of the headlights will.
My suggestion....if they can't increase virility, tweak the engines instead. Afterall BMWs are all about spirited driving.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:59 AM

Mein Auto: 550i
This LCI info. is confusing...

The F series X5/X6 are coming out in a year + as 2014/15 models I believe.

But 1 thing is certain, the X6 in the 'facelifted X6" articles all over the net is not the new X6. Its simply an LCI version of the existing car. So when is this available to U.S. buyers...?

I'm confused. The articles call it a 2012 model, but if you go into a dealer here in the U.S. a brand new X6 is a 2012 model and is not an LCI model. The X6 45d or 50d for europe should signify that the LCI X6 is in production. Anyone know when that will be?

Thanks,
DRP
Old 11-14-2011, 09:45 PM

Mein Auto:
I'm not certain but I think the 2012 model year started in April 2011. BMW can still have a Life Cycle Impulse midway through the 2012 year. So, in essence, one would have both the pre-facelift and the facelifted versions sharing the same model year.
However, it is unlikely they will facelift the kingly M in the 2012 MY.
The looks of the X6M have really grown on me. The front fascia has such a determined countenance: a roaring lion ready to pounce. This coupled with the improvement in performance over the xDrive50i makes it worth saving up for.
As for the lesser versions, BMW should be careful not to soften the appearance. The full LED treatment is welcome. Tinkering with the foglights is not. They've shifted them to the upper lateral corners of the air intakes which results in softening the appearance.
BMW should be careful. The front fascia of the X6 looks splendid. If they can't improve it in a novel way that maintains its rugged nature, they should leave it
and concentrate on increasing fuel economy without sacrficing horsepower.
For the latter part of 2012 MY I would like to see BMW get over their obssession with Shadowline. Anything sporty - in their minds - has to be Shadowlined. For example, the Sports Package comes with Shadowline. The SP contains electronic
damping & active roll stabilisation which are important in driving dynamics eg cornering. I like everything in the SP apart from the cosmetic Shadowline. I hope BMW can offer two different SPs. One with & one without Shadowline ( ie with chrome ). It is such a turn-off when you have a dark coloured X6 eg Black Sapphire or Monaco Blue. You cannot see the Hofmeister kink because of the Shadowline trim. I know some people may like that but I just want BMW to give us a choice.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:26 AM

Mein Auto: 530i SMG
I just picked up my 2012 x6 50i last week so I can confirm to you that there is no facelift. Probably won't be happening till next year sometime at the earliest if they decide to.

As for shadowline trim...it's all about the current fad. Chrome used to be in, now it's all about black. Black credit cards, black versions of sports cars, thus black shadowline trim. If you don't like black but everything else then just remove the trim and chrome it or spray paint it; cost maybe 10 bucks? Only other way is to be very wealthy with connections to BMW execs and have them build you an Individualized version of your dream X6. YMMV.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:31 AM

Mein Auto:
Congratulations gsfo, on your 2012 BMW X6 xDrive50i. I'm pleased you went for the more powerful engine. This heavy vehicle needs it. I trust you opted for the Sports Package.

BMW will have to change generations by MY 2015 because of stiff competition. This means the latest time they can introduce the LCI is MY 2013. It is obvious that BMW are happy with exterior aesthetics. They are in no hurry to nip and tuck but MY 2013 is the deadline.

Concerning Shadowline, it is strange that although chrome trim is standard on non-Sport Packaged X6s, BMW find it difficult to offer chrome as an option with the Sport Package.

However there are exceptions. The X6M comes with the Sports Package, Shadowline door trim and a black grill as standard but I have found anomalies:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=...&v=ilU6MmUtfJ8

http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=...&mobileflash=0

http://autojager.com/car/53981571-2.html

It's looking like BMW will include chrome door trim and a chrome grill on special order thereby bypassing the Shadowline stipulation in the Sports Package. A black sapphire X6M with chrome door trim, chrome grill and privacy glass will look stunning. The classic Hofmeister kink would be clearly delineated even in dim light. Furthermore the leonesque grill would clearly stand out. The massive lateral air intakes will signify the roar of the lion with its mouth open wide announcing its arrival. There is no way the frog-like Cayenne or the boring Mercs can challenge this lion, for the king has returned.
However for this king's return to be memorable, BMW must first allow us to clothe it well. BMW should not bow to fads. They should allow the discerning customer to customise.