Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 09-27-2011, 04:49 PM

Mein Auto: F10 M5
Door Sills M sport Vs Sport

Hi Folks,
can somebody please let me know how the ambiance lighting effected by trim(535, 550) and packages (M sport, Sport)

does the sport trim has illuminated door sills?
can you please confirm this

M Sport package----Has NON illuminated door sills with lettering "///M"
Sport package----Has Illuminated door sills with lettering "BMW"

appreciate the feed back.

Last edited by DreamCar; 09-27-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 09-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
SPort non-illuminated also.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 09-27-2011, 04:57 PM

Mein Auto: F10 535XI M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCar View Post
Hi Folks,
can you please confirm this

M Sport package----Has NON illuminated door sills with lettering "///M"
Sport package----Has Illuminated door sills with lettering "BMW"

appreciate the feed back.
M Sport package----Has NON illuminated door sills with lettering "///M" ------ correct
Old 09-27-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
SPort non-illuminated also.
So only the basic 535 model has illuminated door sill? or is it a 550i thing?
Old 09-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 550i
My 550 with sport has illuminated sills. I wasn't expecting it and was pleasantly surprised.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 528i
Quote:
So only the basic 535 model has illuminated door sill? or is it a 550i thing?
it's a 550 thing only.

2011 528i Space Gray Metallic / Black Dakota Leather / Dark Wood Trim / Prem Pack / Nav / PDC / USB-iPod
Old 09-28-2011, 06:00 AM

Mein Auto: MB E500 4matic
So....

That blows if the 500 sport has illuminated and 550 m-sport does not. Does anyone know if there are any m-sport
aftermarket sills out there which are illuminated?

Aceman
Old 09-28-2011, 06:11 AM

I dont know how you guys did it... it is freaking annoying and confusing its very hard to decide what to add what not to add to the order.

is there a possibility that we can just add M sport bumper to a ED order? will do mix and match with the packages? i know we can add special order like leather dash but will do these kind of changes?

It been months and i am still not able to decide on the configuration....

Last edited by DreamCar; 09-28-2011 at 06:20 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:19 PM

Mein Auto: F10 535XI M-Sport
Quote:
I dont know how you guys did it... it is freaking annoying and confusing its very hard to decide what to add what not to add to the order.

is there a possibility that we can just add M sport bumper to a ED order? will do mix and match with the packages? i know we can add special order like leather dash but will do these kind of changes?

I certainly hope that an illuminated door sill is not whats preventing you from placing an order. Just figure out whats most important to you and are must have's. Then from that, work within your budget on what else to get. The most basic configs are typically PP1 and PP2, (sport or Msport), which at least for MY 2011 is more than sufficient. Then just tailor everything else afterwards to suit your needs. I really dont recommend you doing mix and match (not sure if you can even) because you will prob get more bang for the buck when ordering the packages.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk888 View Post
I certainly hope that an illuminated door sill is not whats preventing you from placing an order. Just figure out whats most important to you and are must have's. Then from that, work within your budget on what else to get. The most basic configs are typically PP1 and PP2, (sport or Msport), which at least for MY 2011 is more than sufficient. Then just tailor everything else afterwards to suit your needs. I really dont recommend you doing mix and match (not sure if you can even) because you will prob get more bang for the buck when ordering the packages.
Greatly appreciate your suggestions. Its not just sills...may be i am too choosy or may be i am not yet used to BMW environment
Old 09-28-2011, 07:54 PM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Quote:

I doubt it because I haven't seen the M Aerodynamic Package offered as an individual standalone package in Europe. All the Individual options tend to be offered as a standalone option in Europe.

But you can ask your dealer to enquire with BMW NA.

Ask for Option 715 - M Aerodynamic Kit.

That said whenever they special order anything they mark it up so much you're usually better off buying the broader package.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels