Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > Europe

Europe

Old 10-01-2011, 02:44 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 (F25)
New X3 (F25) rattle from engine

I have posted a query on the sister US forum having traced information there about others who have experienced a 'rattle' from the engine.

There are other problems with the car all currently being investigated by the dealership including loss of power (stutter from engine) and disappearing dashboard display or at times display that is barely legible because it is so dim. (Have been told by a locl dealer , not the one from whom I purchased the car, that the dim display is a feature of the car!! Some feature!).

Anyone else experiencing any or all of these problems?

Car was road tested over 3 days by local dealership about 2 months ago who said the diagnostics computer showed up nothing. Not that I have total faith in diagnostics computers!
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2011, 10:14 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 (F25)
Right guys. All fixed after dealer had car for 4 working days. No faults showing up on diagnostics but what BMW UK advised dealer was, after my car data sent to them, was that the car had a fault in the programming and to re-code the car, basically updating software that regulates/governs the engine. Rattle has gone, car no longer stutters intermittently, drives perfectly and what is more the dash display adjusts to ambient outside light conditions as intended and even now shows, in the gear selection bit, when it should be in neutral i.e. a second or two after car is brought to a standstill.

Dealership thought talk of plugs etc was interesting but irrelevant. As the French say 'chacun a son gout' and maybe dealerships in the states have had to deal with rattle problems in a different way.

Anyway, so far so good. Any more problems I will keep you posted but I don't anticipate any. Dealership e-mailed me a synopsis of work done by them for my records, so I have no reason to doubt their integrity.