Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 10-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Jetta GLX
Navigating to the Amsterdam Drop-off

I dropped off my car at United Stevedores Amsterdam last Monday. Here are a few observations that might be useful to anyone that is planning on using this drop-off.

First off, the iDrive navigation that had proved flawless for me on my travel through 8 countries located the drop-off by the address (Ruijgoordweg 80, Amsterdam). On the way there I encountered a closed road and was rerouted along a series of dike roads. When it said " you have reached your destination" I was in the middle of no-where. A bunch of modern wind-turbines and storage tanks were in the distance, but no building in site. Luckily for me I had looked up the address in Google Maps on my iPad that morning when I had wifi in the hotel, so the maps were all in my iPad's memory, and the iPad's GPS showed a blue dot where I was, so I was able to navigate that way the remaining 3km to the drop-off location.

Talking with them it turns out that the entire port facility is relatilely new, and a road of the same name (Ruijgoordweg) used to exist where the iDrive had sent me. The Blue marker on the accompanying map is where the iDrive sent me, whereas the Red marker is where I really needed to be, so I would recommend taking along printed google maps, or other means of locating your destination.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Amsterdam.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	383.2 KB
ID:	295726

The drop-off process was reletively straight forward, and took about 30 minutes. They copied all of the papers that I was given at the Welt along with my passport, and all of the originals were given back to me. I then drove the car around the building to the securred portion of the port where 2 other ED BMWs were parked. We went over the car to note any damage (a mark on the front passenger side wheel caused by driving down a too-narrow lane by me was the only item).

They called for a taxi to take me to the airport. Turns out the taxi was a private car service, and I was driven in a new 2012 5-series. A very nice ride, that the driver was not a bit shy in showing me what it was capable of. We talked about BMWs all the way to the airport. Cost: €55.

Here's the two other Bimmers that were at the port, do they belong to any Festers? Their Zöll plates are M 1099 Z, and M 1739 Z; a 528i and 335d respectively (the M 1055 Z is mine).

Name:	IMG_2013.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	295732Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2012.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	295733Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2011.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	295734

2011 E90 Alpine White | Black Dakota | Alum | M-Sport | 6MT | ZPP | ZCW | ZVP | Xenon | iDrive | HK | CA | BMW Apps
Ordered May 14, Sept 14 ED, Nov 15 Redelivery
BMWCCA #451506

Last edited by Peel; 10-03-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 10-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3 Sedan
Well this is interesting. On Friday, 9/30, I parked to the left of the silver 335d but your car was not to the right of it. The 335 looked quite dusty, like it had been there a while. I also saw the same 5 series.

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1317688996.055278.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	295748

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1317689031.478235.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	295749