Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 02-10-2013, 07:47 AM

Mein Auto: 535xi
Park Distance Control and iPhone Mute

Sorry if this is in another thread but I didn't see it when searching.....

I've ordered a 535xi (so i cant try these yet )and read the online manual but can't find the answer to a few questions.

1 - Will the PDC come on automatically when I pull into a parking spot front first without having gone into reverse? My wife's Navigator does this and so does the Lexus and I find it helpful (yes, the Nav is HUGE so it is really helpful but even on the smaller Lexus it helps). If this doesn't start automatically, is there a way to turn it on in that case? I do have the bird's eye view and rear camera options (which I saw in the forum you can push the iDrive controller to change views - does that include the side cameras?).

2 - I've seen posts that there isn't a way to mute the iPhone without using the phone itself. Is this true!?! Seems like a basic function..... I did read a post that said pushing the volume knob on the dash will mute the phone. Does this work?

Thanks!
Ads by Google
Old 02-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 535i X-drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Housemd View Post
1 - Will the PDC come on automatically when I pull into a parking spot front first without having gone into reverse?
If this doesn't start automatically, is there a way to turn it on in that case? I do have the bird's eye view and rear camera options
- does that include the side cameras?
No

To turn PDC on manually, push the button on the left centre console for the surround view/rearview cameras

Side view cameras are only turned on by a different button on the left centre console
2012 BMW 535i X-drive; Space Grey/Black Dakota, Fineline; Executive (Auto trunk, NAV, HiFi Prof, Lumbar, Rear Cam, SIRIUS, Voice), Technology (Blind Spot, Hi-Beam Assist, Lane Departure, Surround View), APPS, Rear heated seats, Tint.
Retired: 78 300D, 81 300SD, 87 190E, 88 Porsche 924, 89 260E, 93 300E, 97 Volvo 850, 98 E320, 03 BMW 325iT, 02 C230 Sport Coupe, 08 BMW 535i