Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Sponsored by BimmerTech

Old 04-10-2004, 12:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328/formula350/mb3204mat
rear fog light //tis able?

hi

a pvt shop i know has a interface and the bmw shop programming software and the willingness to poke around...

from the threads i am not totally certain if their is something that can be done in it to some how allow the rear fog lights to 'work' if their is a trick to it

it's a usa car id' have plenty of time to use the software not like i'd be at a dealership

any tips? or is it completly locked out
330xi 04 blk(j) blk lther, coldwp/sport/premium pkg's, DNAV,HK,R elec sunshad, xenon, plushmats,cd chger,StepT, Runflts w/alert,sirus sat . 328is 98,525xi-2007-Idrive/nav, headsup and 20waaayout seats,2000 328i wagon.X5D, blk/blk. 2014 535xi
Ads by Google
Old 04-11-2004, 04:03 AM
M Mad

Mein Auto: M Roadster/M3
Search

'95 Alpine M3 LTW
'00 Dakar M Roadster
'02 Topaz M3
Red/White SRF #4 (Chassis 561)
Old 04-11-2004, 04:39 AM

ssearched out tis rear fogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone
Search
well thanks, but i did a pretty exaustive search, from the best info i could compile, not being a technical expert on the subj either, all i found was that the software (us) in the car seems coded to the vin so for ex switching to euro code won't work

but i couldn't find if anyone tried to hack that code, people hack the ibus, speed shops make their own engine performance chips ....

so i am not sure if anyone attempted to 'hack' the code portion that would be responsible for it,

what i seem to see from the threads is that most don't have access to the bmw programmer tis i think it was called, so if some of the folks that were experimenting to get the rear fog light working, had any thoughts to work with the interface etc I could voluenteer that part and perhaps get those lights for ex working

2 pieces i could offer are, tis and vehicle to experiment with
330xi 04 blk(j) blk lther, coldwp/sport/premium pkg's, DNAV,HK,R elec sunshad, xenon, plushmats,cd chger,StepT, Runflts w/alert,sirus sat . 328is 98,525xi-2007-Idrive/nav, headsup and 20waaayout seats,2000 328i wagon.X5D, blk/blk. 2014 535xi
Old 04-11-2004, 04:27 PM
DHP pwns ZHP :p

Mein Auto: DHP Heehee... :p
TIS is the electronic "service manual".

DIS or GT1 is the BMW Diag/Programming computer.

Facelift sedans don't seem to be able to have this retrofitted without a software update to European software in the LCM. That would be the hard part I would think... I believe others have tried and said even the dealers who were willing to tinker and figure it out were not able to get the ECE LCM software req'd to make this happen.

'03 330Ci DHP
'06 M3 SMG
"du hast mich gefragt, und ich hab nichts gesagt"
Old 04-11-2004, 04:59 PM

ooops ment dis

Quote:
Originally Posted by doeboy
TIS is the electronic "service manual".

DIS or GT1 is the BMW Diag/Programming computer.

Facelift sedans don't seem to be able to have this retrofitted without a software update to European software in the LCM. That would be the hard part I would think... I believe others have tried and said even the dealers who were willing to tinker and figure it out were not able to get the ECE LCM software req'd to make this happen.
>>my mistake on the name, I saw the programmng running on the pc, but didnt' actually see the name

this person was importing a few euro cars for some work, so perhaps he may also have that code for those vehicles but...

I was under the impression however, even if you had the correct 'euro' software, it will know a us vin and won't load , now if that is not true then it would be cool to simply swap

has anyone tried that?? if i can swap out the computer module perhaps that might be another way, but it might be too $$

i am on a quest to get those rear fogs working , then adaptive led tailliights, but i need those fogs