Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Forced Induction

Forced Induction
Aftermarket superchargers & turbos as well as tuning for stock BMW turbos (N54 motor - 135i / 335i / 535i). Force-fed discussion to make your car go faster

Old 10-19-2011, 02:17 PM

Mein Auto: 94 540i 2004 tahoe lt
Turbocharged e34 540i questions

Ok well this is more of a feeler as I cannot find much help with searching the BMW boards. I recently purchased my e34 and decided that I would like to turbo it. Before the nay Sayers have there way with my post I'd like to explain that I own a automotive repair/fab shop and this isn't a first attempt at a fi build.
From what I can piece together is that I would be able to use some kind of primitive lap top tuning software since the car is obd1? Any opinions on this I can't seem to remember the software we used on my old e28
I have looked up info on my m60 and it looks to me that I have 10:1 compression and forged rods? Please correct me if I am wrong?
I'm basically looking to do some kind of budget build using a hx35 (low boost) and a intercooler not so much a remote mount but making the turbo lay not to far after the manifolds come together.
Power goals are 450rwhp, I feel that this is not an outrageous goal. Please feel free to give any input. I do not want to supercharge my car before someone suggests it, any opinions on injectors or if stock would be fine for low boost ( under 10 psi). I also plan on doing a inline walboro fuel pump for fuel. Sorry for the post bouncing around it seems my a.d.d has shown itself through my typing thanks for any and all input and happy motoring!
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2012, 09:15 AM

So I contacted miller performance and they think the war chip should be able to handle the tuning any thoughts?
Old 03-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E39 540i Sport
Nitrous with injectors at each port.

Dirrezas (4) @ 275/35-18, Eibach springs & bars, Bilstein Sports, Dinan Stage 2, slotted ATEs, Hi-Temp HTP pads, SS Lines, UUC-SS, White/Tan, Bling-free & Stealthy
Old 03-07-2012, 04:06 PM

Car has a dry shot already