Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 04-12-2004, 12:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 330i ZHP
Current lease rates locked in at order or delivery?

Hi,

Given the current aggressive lease rates from BMWFS, are these locked in when you order the car/sign the contract or when the car arrives?

I spoke directly with BMWFS and a manager there said that the lease rate is locked in when you order/sign the contract . . .

I spoked directly with a dealer, and he said that since the rates expire April 30, if the car arrives from production to the dealer after June 30, then the lease rate would revert to whatever rate was in effect when I picked up the car . . .

So what is the real answer?

It would seem odd that I would have to sign a contract for a $550/month lease expecting a 6-8 week lead time on car build and delivery, and then have to pay more for the lease because BMW was slow to produce it and couldn't delivery it for say 12 weeks?

If I order this week, could I expect a delivery before the end of June?

Thanks!
Ads by Google
Old 04-12-2004, 12:04 PM
Here to Help

Mein Auto: Honda
The only way to get a rate lock is to submit a credit application to BMWFS. Once you do that the current rate will be extended for 60 days past the expiration of the program. Only your dealer can tell you for sure if your car will arrive in time.

Ted

Last edited by TedW; 04-12-2004 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335d ZMP
If I apply to BMWFS for the current June rates and take Euro Delivery in July and the rates go down, I will get the July Rates..correct?

My question is since it won't get back to the USA until August or September for re-delivery, and the rates go down even more then, will I get those rates?
Old 06-14-2005, 09:01 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to arnolds
Mein Auto: E60/E90/E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilskel
If I apply to BMWFS for the current June rates and take Euro Delivery in July and the rates go down, I will get the July Rates..correct?

My question is since it won't get back to the USA until August or September for re-delivery, and the rates go down even more then, will I get those rates?
Lease contract and first payment is signed 14 days prior to pick up. If the rates go down after the lease is signed, you're SOL.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i M Sport
60 day lock is the most a dealer will do. If a 60 day wait or longer is anticipated, they will lock the program about 45 days before delivery. Thats the way my dealer is working with me.. My 545i is due in port 7/10.