Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 10-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
Nat Geo Ultimate Factories returns to Spartanburg for BMW X3 Production - Airs 11/1

tim330i
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by tim330i

Nat Geo Ultimate Factories returns to Spartanberg for BMW X3 Production - Airs 11/1

National Geographic Channel (NGC) popular Ultimate Factories show is air an hour-long documentary on the making of the BMW X3 Sports Activity Vehicle. Premiering Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on National Geographic Channel, Ultimate Factories: BMW X3 will be the second time NGC has featured a BMW built exclusively in South Carolina. In 2007, BMWs Z4 Roadster, also built at the South Carolina factory until 2008, was featured on Ultimate Factories

National Geographic Channel spent almost two weeks at the BMW factory in early June producing and filming the new program. Once again, BMW was very pleased to welcome the National Geographic Channel into our plant. We are proud to show people all over the world the quality and craftsmanship of BMW X3, X5 and X6, built exclusively for over 130 markets around the globe," said Josef Kerscher, President, BMW Manufacturing.

Currently, the new BMW X3, which began production in South Carolina in September 2010 and went on sale in the U.S. in early 2011, has become a bestseller for the BMW with nearly 80,000 vehicles sold globally in 2011.
This article has been viewed 5029 times.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Who watched this last night? I have it on my DVR, looking forward to seeing it!

TIm
Old 11-02-2011, 10:11 PM

Mein Auto: 550i
Most of it was pretty interesting (compared to the Speed Channel chop shop stuff). Every once in a while my wife would cruise through the room and offer comments like, "Why does anyone need to go 060 in 5.4 seconds???" just as I am reaching for my checkbook...

TIVO managed to whack the end of the show, so I didn't get to see what happened after the X3 was doing 100 MPH on the test rollers. I assume it didn't crash but I was left wondering what happened when they get to the end of the assembly line. I may have to do a factory delivery to find out.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:25 AM
MSport is Best Sport

Mein Auto: 2011 M3 Coupe, Comp, 6mt
As an owner of a brand new X3 Xdrive 35i, this show was relevant to my interests.

Watched it with the wife- it was pretty cool.

As to why you need an SUV which is that fast- morons in minivans + 2 lane road + short passing zone = 300hp FTW.

Hit warp speed this morning- giggity