Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)

7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)

Old 10-27-2011, 04:47 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 540i Sport (E39)
Exclamation My VANOS call to BMW - Lets report to NHTSA

File Complaint to NHTSA

Stupid lady told me the usual crap that it was out of warranty. All crap I knew she would use. But she did say there were no complaints about it so lets fix that for them.

Well, I want to organize all owners of VANOS M62s to file a complaint to NHTSA. If they have enough complaints BMW be pushed to update and or recall our VANOS units. Its been done by EVERYONE. Audi A6 owners organized on many sites to file complaints to NHTSA about their transmission that kept failing and whala there was a recall. So lets do it. Take 2-min out of your day to send in a complaint. More people own E39s E38s E53s E46s than their new models combined. The fact BMW claims to be enthusiast driven and performance driven will be put to test, besides its not a big deal to them to do. Audi also replaced their MOTORS from the A4 1.8T that had oil gunk issues from a poorly developed motor (nothing suprising from Audi)

Enter in your information. VIN if you want. Write a description that the VANOS unit failed. Tell them that 98% of 5-Series owners suffer this. Send it in and lets wait. Worth a shot right? I think so. Doesn't matter if its out of warranty. Otherwise it would've been fixed under warranty.