Warm air out of cabin vents when set to cold - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 04-20-2017, 11:14 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X5
Warm air out of cabin vents when set to cold

I get warm air coming out of the cabin vents when it is set to the coldest setting, and the AC is NOT on. Is this normal? Or something to worry about?
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2017, 11:18 AM

Mein Auto: X5 Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by revocer View Post
I get warm air coming out of the cabin vents when it is set to the coldest setting, and the AC is NOT on. Is this normal? Or something to worry about?

well, from what I understand... just the fan is on and it would only blow air depending upon the outside temperature. AC ON uses the compressor to blow cold air independent of the outside temperature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 BMW X5 35d - Platinum Grey with Oyster Interiors - Running Board - Vossen VFS1 20" Staggered Rims
Old 04-20-2017, 11:47 AM
Nuclear engineer

Mein Auto: 2012 Feb 11 X5 35d (E70)
How IHKA works

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1e...?usp=drive_web
Old 04-20-2017, 01:21 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
Fascinating.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:32 PM
Nuclear engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revocer View Post
Fascinating.
Yep. Definitely not your 57 Chevy.

Unless you have some particular and well advised purpose, I would leave the IHKA HVAC in its default condition, AUTO mode, L&R temps to nominal, AC compressor snowflake icon lit, Auto recirc.

The car detects and demists the front windshield though the button does the same thing I believe. I occasionally use MAX on returning to a hot car, but only for a few minutes.

Last edited by Doug Huffman; 04-20-2017 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:57 PM

Mein Auto: E70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
The car detects and demists the front windshield though the button does the same thing I believe. I occasionally use MAX on returning to a hot car, but only for a few minutes.

REALLY? I hate my car when it rains...I have to switch the defoggers on alll the time every few mins of driving...
Old 04-20-2017, 05:01 PM
Nuclear engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelskii View Post
REALLY? I hate my car when it rains...I have to switch the defoggers on alll the time every few mins of driving...
Preventing Window Misting (Window Misting Sensor)
In order to counteract front windshield misting caused by high humidity, the interior humidity and the windshield temperature are measured by a mist sensor.

If there is a risk of window misting, the following functions are activated depending on requirements:
Further opening of de-ice flaps, windshield air outlet.
Increase airflow volume via the blower.
Reduce airflow quantity to footwell.
Increase desired temperature value.
Switch from circulated air mode/automatic circulated air mode to partial fresh-air operation.
Switch from partial fresh-air operation with circulated air mode/automatic circulated air mode to fresh-air operation.

The conditions for these functions are:
Engine running
IHKA in automatic mode.
The window misting sensor is available from the IHKA equipment variant and above.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:11 PM
Nuclear engineer

Comfortable interior climate
The AUTO program offers the optimum air dis***8208; tribution and air volume for virtually all condi***8208; tions, refer to AUTO program below. Select a comfortable interior temperature only.
The following sections contain more detailed in***8208; formation on the available setting options.
Most of these settings are stored for the remote control currently in use, Personal Profile set***8208; tings, refer to page 29.

AUTO program

Press the button.
Air volume, air distribution, and temperature are controlled auto***8208; matically.
Depending on the selected temperature, AUTO intensity, and outside influences, the air is di***8208; rected to the windshield, side windows, upper body, and into the footwell.
The cooling function is switched on automati***8208; cally with the AUTO program.
At the same time, a condensation sensor con***8208; trols the program in such a way that window condensation is prevented as much as possible.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search