Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:02 AM

Mein Auto: X5 2008 e70 diesel
X5 2008 3.0d

Hello guys, Iím sorry to bring this topic up again, but I want to expose the symptoms of my truck to see if someone makes sense out of it, and I can approach the repair without replacing so many parts by trial and error:

My car is having the well know 4x4, DSC, ABS, EBV failure alarm on the idrive screen (CCC).
This alarm never comes from starting the car, and never appears when stopped; it only appears sometimes while driving in traffic, when putting some gas. Actually, I can even know before hand when the alarm is going to pop up, since I feel the car unwilling to shift up a gear, like extending the gear shift. But itís not something I can willingly replicate by just putting more foot on the gas.
I turn the car off and on again and the alarm disappears. But something that I have noticed, is that when doing this off-on action very fast (because in traffic) when I turn the car back on (an it always turns on in P) I feel the gearbox kick. If I do the off-on action with minutes in between, then the gear box does not kick.

I have already changed the battery to new AGM. Also here is some background
It started leaking water to the driver back compartment (where de amplifier and mulf2 is) consequently the MULF2 died suddenly. I have repaired that leak now (it turned out to be the back sunroof drain miss placed.
The problem is that the car received considerable amounts of water, and I fear that it splashed over to the ATC700 module near the battery. This module is sealed so I cannot confirm if water got in.

What are your thoughts?
Advertisement

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
2008, 4x4, abs, atc700, diesel, dsc, e70, ebv, module, water leak sunroof, x5

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search