Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:55 PM

Mein Auto: Yes
Recommendations for mats/liners?

Looks like a long, wet winter coming up in the NE - starting today with our first snow.

Anyone have recommendations for GT floor and cargo mats? I've looked up WeatherTech, wondering if there are any endorsements or alternatives to consider.

Thanks,

DV
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 M3
Weathertech is good!
10 M3 Sedan (sweet)
13 Nissan GT-R Black Edition
14 Porsche Cayenne Platinum Diesel

BMWCCA 4215
Old 10-29-2011, 06:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 650cic/ 2012 M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalekressin View Post
Weathertech is good!

BMW Cargo mat is highly recommended. The attached photo is a picture of the OEM cargo liner in my former GT. No problems at all with it. I never did get a chance to purchase the OEM floor mats, although I had planned to do so. Weather tech mats are good as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3719313341x400.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	299036  
2012 X3 35i Titanium Silver/Black ZAP/ZPP/TECH/APPS/Breyton GTS/Continental Extreme DW (20's)

Last edited by car-fan; 10-29-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550xi GT
I have WeatherTech for the front and they worked well last year in Denver.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 X5 35d
I have the weathertech cargo mat for the back. approx $127 delivered, make sure to call teh company directly to insure the correct, fitted mat.

Installed and good by me.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i GT
I have the Weathertec cargo liner. Seems to fit fine. Really havent had anything in the back that would test durability though.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:03 PM

I cannot wait to throw my fisrt deer in the back
Old 10-31-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardman View Post
I cannot wait to throw my fisrt deer in the back
Out here we have Elk..... Hadn't thought of that.... Have you bought 9SO gunrack option????
Old 10-31-2011, 04:13 PM

Not yet, barrel down inthe front seat for me, or recline the passenger way back for a nice rest while traveling in and out
Old 11-04-2011, 07:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi m sport
i was in sears picked up a heavy duty rubber all weather 4 piece set.they can be cut to size.
they came in black,grey,or beige.they are on sale this week and include free shipping or in store pick up.for 12.49 you have little to lose.i think they are good mats.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02812134000P
Old 11-09-2011, 03:26 PM

Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
I'd opted for the WeatherTech mats, and installed them today. All fit fine except the driver's side (probably the most important one!). I called them and am going to send them some pictures. It's not horrible, just not a clean fit like the passenger's side and the rear. I'm wondering if the transmission hump is slightly different (bigger) on the X-drive version verses the rear-wheel drive version.

I may try to see if the mat fits properly at the dealer's, if they have a rear-wheel drive version they'll let me into. NE sells mostly x-drives.

It might fit better after sitting overnight in there, but it sure looks like the curve isn't right on the right side causing it to sit up some.

Well, overnight didn't help. I sent some pictures to WeatherTech and they are sending a return shipping label. It certainly appears that for the driver's mat, there's a difference between the rear-wheel and X-drive transmission hump, enough so that their tightly fitting mats won't fit. I suppose it could be a difference between the 535 and the 550, but not sure. Anyway, the front mats don't fit the front of a 535i X-drive GT...the back fits fine and the front passenger, but you can't just buy the front passenger, and it's the driver's that probably needs it most. They said it may be a couple of months before they get a chance to measure and produce one that will fit.

Last edited by jadnashuanh; 11-10-2011 at 05:45 PM. Reason: added more info
Old 11-18-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave600 View Post
Looks like a long, wet winter coming up in the NE - starting today with our first snow.

Anyone have recommendations for GT floor and cargo mats? I've looked up WeatherTech, wondering if there are any endorsements or alternatives to consider.

Thanks,

DV
We bought all our mats and cargo trays from http://bmw.dealerfit.com/ Thay are also known as simply www.dealerfit.com. Decent prices, fast shjipping and if there is ever a problem, excellent to work with and solve it. Front Mats $87, Cargo mat $109, Rear Mats $43, all OEM BMW.

Sometimes you can take these prices and get as good a deal at your local dealer if you consider the shipping costs!
Old 12-05-2011, 03:51 PM

In poking around on the German accessories website, looking at the pricelist, there's definately a difference between rear-wheel drive and x-drive GT's for the front mats - they have different part numbers. Got an e-mail from the WeatherTech people today, and they do not have the GT x-drive version scheduled for a measurement, so it's not likely they'll have a properly fitting front mat for the x-drives soon (but, don't know how long it takes them, anyway). The rear (do fit) and cargo mats probably work fine...I don't think they've updated their website, so beware if you have an x-drive GT. A call is probably in order before you order.

I think I'd like to get some of those shown on the BMW DE website, p/n 51 47 2 152 365 in black, but having trouble finding anyone that can get them. Thoughts?
Old 12-05-2011, 04:17 PM

I'd check with Dealerfit. here's the poage for the front mats for the 5 GT: http://bmw.dealerfit.com/store/bmw-5...1389_34405.php

I can't see any difference between the AWD and the RWD versions in the mats. I'd e-mail them and ask. If Weathertech hasn't gotten the measurements of both cars they wouldn't have a clue anyway. I know that Weathertech showed they didn't have any rear cargo mats available for the early GT's and even solidified that through a phone call. But when I received my cargo mat from DealerFit, although it says BMW on the front, it's a McNeil product. So go figure that one.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:25 PM

I have an x-drive and got the rear cargo mat from Weathertech. It fits fine.

Now if they just sold a butt lifter for my comfort seats so it doesn't feel like I'm driving in a hole... :-)

Wardman
Old 12-05-2011, 04:36 PM

Really? Maybe you need to ask BMW to look at the seats. Yours didn't come with the pneumatic butt lift option to give you support?

The dimensions on the cargo mat are the same regardless of model. I just can't figure ahy there would be any different sizes for front mats. What I was saying is that Weathertech McNeil made the BMW mats so I think maybe they had an agreement to only sell to BMW for awhile? The mats do look a bit different.

Last edited by magnumforc; 12-05-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:10 PM

It's going in Thursday for some things. The seat is one of them now.

It's right in the seat itself. When I add a towel, it feels great.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:50 PM

I had a Z-28 I bought for racing right from the factory. The seat let you fsll through a hole like a hemorrhoid donut! They tied four or five times (As GM always does) to get ir right before I insisted on a new seat. That solved the problem. Sad when you think about it...they really made great Go-fast machines but just couldn't service what they sold. Never changed. That's why I finally went to BMW and would never buy American again. No, not even if BMW built in Detroit!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumforc View Post
The dimensions on the cargo mat are the same regardless of model. I just can't figure ahy there would be any different sizes for front mats. What I was saying is that Weathertech McNeil made the BMW mats so I think maybe they had an agreement to only sell to BMW for awhile? The mats do look a bit different.
I agree, but the part number of the one they sent me was correct for the GT, and it didn't fit around the transmission hump...this kept the front by the gas pedal up about 2". Now, you could push it down, but it would spring back up when you removed your foot. And, there was about an inch around the right side sticking up and therefore out.

BMW - Germany, has a rubber mat with a rug insert...their price list shows two different numbers for the GT (at least on the 2011), one mit and one ohne x-drive (with or without). So, since these fit tighter than the carpeted mats, there must have been something different to generate two different part numbers (actually four, since it is available in black and beige). I sent a parts request to the local dealer, but don't expect they can get them. Like the fitted appearance of the WeatherTech, but at least as of yesterday, it wasn't on their scope of things in progress; until I sent them pictures, they did not know it wouldn't fit.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:49 PM

Mein Auto: 535i xDrive Gran Tourismo
Try COCO MATS

There is a post in another forum about COCO MATS. Just GOOGLE and their page should pop right up. Put these in my GT ( Cinamon Interior ) and they look great.

Here is the post...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=577415
Old 12-07-2011, 10:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 550i GT xDrive
First time I opened my trunk when I got my GT home I found OEM anthracite rubber mats for the entire car. I was pleasantly surprised.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:15 AM

The US website shows rubber mats for the rear-drive GTs, but not for the x-drive. They do show them on the German site. It's now been three days and I haven't heard from the local dealer on a parts request as to whether they could get them or not. Still weighing my options...sort of wish I'd bought them while in Europe, but then it would have been one more thing to try to stuff in my suitcase without exceeding the weight limit!
Old 12-13-2011, 06:11 PM

Mein Auto: Audi A4, ordered 535xiGT
Mats for GT

Just purchased the BMW OEM mats for interior and trunk; cost $211 inclusive of sales tax. I called Weather Tech but they weren't sure the mats would be perfect fit. Total cost seemed about the same. I usually don't opt for dealer stuff but in this case, I'm pleased. They are great.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:26 PM

WeatherTech sent me a set for the front and rear...the rear fit, the passenger front fit, the driver's did not. I have the 535iGT x-drive. I feel confident they'd fit the rear-wheel drive version. They will (eventually) measure an x-drive. I also ordered a set from my dealer, but he had to look them up in a different system than their 'normal' acccessories. When you check on the BMW site, it shows NO mats for the x-drive GT at all.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:25 AM

I got the rear cargo matt from Weathertech, and the rubber floor matts from BMW. Out the door, $187.

Wardman