Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 07-13-2012, 02:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 640i Gran Coupe
Ackward Gas Pedal

I went to test drive an X3 yesterday with my wife. She was wearing heals, and complained that the gas pedal design (no empty space below pedal for heel to occupy) made it very difficult for her to drive with heals on. Has anyone else noticed this issue, and if so, how did you deal with it? If I can't get my wife over this issue we are probably going to get the GLK250 BluTec when it is released later this year.
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2012, 02:51 PM

Mein Auto: X3
She probably shouldn't be driving with heels anyway - huge safety issue for her and anyone with her in the vehicle. Why doesn't she just have a pair of flats sitting on the floor that she can easily slip into?
Old 07-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 13 X3 35i MSport, 09 135i
I can't stand pedals that don't go to the floor. They're better for heel-toe which is why BMW uses this style. Even though it's a bit daft in an SUV I can't see BMW ever using another style.

Get a VW. My girlfriend's Tuareg had pedals that didn't go to the floor. Drove me nuts. I'm actually kind of surprised that Mercedes doesn't have the floor-mounted pedals as well.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:29 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 M-Sport
MB aren't "driver's cars"
Old 07-13-2012, 08:06 PM

Mein Auto: F30 328 F25 X35, W209 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
MB aren't "driver's cars"
I wouldn't say that, I'd lose credibility..
Old 07-19-2012, 09:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3
Your wife may run into a bit of an issue in the future as many manufacturers are returning to floor hinged gas pedals. Most luxury cars (with the exception of Lexus) as well as low line cars such as Kia's and Honda Civic's are using them now. As Norm50 said, probably not the safest course of action to be driving in heels anyway. A pair of flats, or just driving barefoot (as my wife does when wearing heels) would be safer.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:47 PM

Mein Auto: x3
The lease of our MB ended last month, replacing with the X3. MB does have the hanging gas pedal, but always felt less comfortable arching my foot on long drives. BMW floor mounted pedals seems more secure and easier on the foot.

Our issue are the floor mats. They need to be the extremely expensive custom BMW mats that need to slip around the gas pedal. With the MB, you can purchase any aftermarket to slide under the pedal.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:49 PM

Mein Auto: 13 X3 35i MSport, 09 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by slambmw View Post
The lease of our MB ended last month, replacing with the X3. MB does have the hanging gas pedal, but always felt less comfortable arching my foot on long drives. BMW floor mounted pedals seems more secure and easier on the foot.

Our issue are the floor mats. They need to be the extremely expensive custom BMW mats that need to slip around the gas pedal. With the MB, you can purchase any aftermarket to slide under the pedal.
I don't mean this the way it might sound, but I wouldn't be putting cheapo Autozone floor mats for my Mercedes or BMW