Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 335i Coupe
Weatherford BMW

A colleague of mine had a really bad experience at a Bay Area dealership a few months ago. She asked me to share her experience on Bimmerfest. I was really incredible the way she was treated! Here is her story…

I would not recommend buying your car from Weatherford BMW in Berkeley , CA. They will quote you with a low internet price to lure you in. I’d be very leery of these people, especially their Internet Sales Manager, Roberto Roy. I went down to the dealership a few months ago, and placed an order for a 2008 335i Coupe and put down a deposit. He refused to give a price because at that time the 2008 pricing was not available. A few weeks later, I went down there when the 2008 prices were out and he still refused to quote a price. Then for no reason, he starts yelling at my husband and started to cause a scene. I don’t think he liked being told he was contradicting himself and lying. He was very unprofessional and rude.

If you don’t want to get ripped off, go somewhere else. I ended up doing a European Delivery through another Bay Area dealership and will be going to Munich in next week to pick up my car.
Ads by Google
Old 11-29-2007, 07:10 AM
Drink the koolaid or else

Send a message via Yahoo to kjboyd
Mein Auto: 2009 MINI Cooper Clubman
I bought my X3 from him.... then 10 minutes after i signed my papers, he acted like he'd never met me before.

-----
2009 MINI Cooper Clubman - "Oxley"
Nightfire Red/NFR, Tuscan Leather, CP, PP, CW, Roof Rails & Aero Kit, 16" Bridge Spokes, Xenon, Auto, English Oak Trim & Wood Wheel, Alarm, Hi-Fi

-------

2007 Volvo S60 2.5T
2007 X3.0si PlatBronze/Beige
2006 X3 3.0i, Flamenco Red/Beige
1997 528iA, Oxford/Tan
1994 318iS, Black/Gray
1979 528iA, RubyRed, Tan
1971 2002, Sahara, Saddle
Old 12-01-2007, 10:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 335i Coupe
Wow! Sadly, I'm not the only person that had a bad experience at Weatherford. Roberto Roy did the exact same thing to me when I was interested in buying a 2008 335i Coupe. I went down there because he quoted a low internet price. Things sure were different when we went down there and talked to him directly. We asked for pricing and he refused to tell us. When we asked him why, he kept saying over and over, and I quote: "I don't want to shoot myself in the foot, my friend." Translation: "I don't want to quote you a price because I'm basically going to rip you off when your car arrives. I want to see how much money I can squeeze out of you."

We walked out after he started getting really nasty and rude. He told me to leave my husband at home and that my husband was ruining the deal for me. No joke. The next day, I got an email from him stating he cancelled my order and he was refunding my deposit. I didn't even ask him to do it. So I called his counter part, Grace, and told her what happened. She tried to smooth things over and convinced me to continue with the deal. She cancelled the cancellation. My husband and I were still livid and had no intentions of going back but we needed to figure out another game plan. I ended up getting in touch with Irv Robinson on the recommendation of a friend. Irv was great by the way. He was very helpful and honest. He listened to what I had to say and gave some great advice. He didn't treat me like a stupid female. He got me thinking of doing a European Delivery and he coached me on how to deal with client advisors. The following day, I called Grace and told her to cancel my. One thing I regret is not following up with the General Manager about what happened.

It's a shame I was treated this way because I bought my current BMW from Weatherford a few years ago. If this is how their sales people treat customers, I shudder at the thought of servicing my car with them. (Which I don't and won't. I service my current BMW at another dealership.) So if Roberto reads this post, I just want to tell him to jump off a rock. I've taken my business elsewhere and I got a good deal on a European Delivery. In fact, we leave for Munich in a few days! Roberto lost my commission and I vow to tell everyone that I know that Weatherford is the worst dealership in the Bay Area.

I hope this post prevents someone from making the same mistake. I've seen negative comments about Weatherford on this site as well as on Yelp. So be very careful if you decide to go with Weatherford, but I strongly suggest you go elsewhere.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 550i
Weatherford = Scam

I agree with the negative comments re Roberto Roy and Weatherford BMW. He also attempted the bait and switch routine with me on a Euro delivery order. I told him to take a hike, cancelled my order and reordered through another dealership (Howard Zimmerman at East Bay BMW in Pleasanton was great!).

Here is a link to my post explaining what happened. I posted it in response to a positive recomendation by someone else :

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=242266
2008 550i - Alpine white - beige leather – 6 speed manual transmission - sports package - cold weather package - heated rear seats – navigation – head up display - Logic 7 sound system - satellite radio - ipod adaptor - style 167wheels
Old 07-03-2011, 03:38 PM

Mein Auto: 08 X5 3.0
I thought I was the only one, who got the negative treatment from Roberto Roy. In the past 2 weeks, I bought 2 BMWs for me and my brother. For the first BMW, I called him about 3 weeks ago to get a car with the options I want, he promised me that he would call me back in half an hour, but he never did, until 1 week later (I have already bought the car from BMW SF for very good deal). When he called me back, he just told me that he couldn't find the car with the options I wanted anywhere, while BMW SF had plenty of them with those options. Oh well, I thought I would like to give him a second chance for my brother's car, because for some reasons I heard a good review of him from my brother in law, who bought 3 BMWs from him. In short story, he found a car that my brother wanted and talked some deal with me. I told him from beginning that I only wanted to talk about net cap cost, and he wanted to lower only $2K off MSRP. I said that's really far off my expectation, while BMW SF on my first call (without any haggling) was already willing to give me $5K off. Because my bro works around weatherford bmw area, I thought that it would be more convenient for him to pick up the car from Weatherford for the same price. So I told Roberto, if you could give me the deals that I wanted, we have a deal. And he started giving me BS excuse like he already worked for free, he was skipping family dinner because of me. I was like "Dude, I don't care, if you can't do it, that's fine, I can deal with someone else. At one point, he made me completely blow off my temper, I literally had to scream to him. I was like "that's it! No more deal for you!" . The next day, I picked car from the same sales person in BMW SF for $6k + off MSRP (few Ks below invoice). Avoid Roberto at any cost! Unprofessional, rude, worst sales person I have ever dealt with!

Last edited by bengwie; 07-03-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:17 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
That guy must own the place, otherwise why is he still working there? Amazing stories. I don't go to Oakland/Berkeley any more (other than a quick drive through on the 880 when it can't be helped) but I have used Weatherford's ads a time or two with other dealers in the past. Sort of a "well, if you won't give me this price I'll go up there and get it from them" sort of thing. Worked well both times (3 series), so I guess I have been "happy" with their service!
Old 07-07-2011, 02:09 PM

Mein Auto: 335d
I commute by Weatherford during the week and I would never bring my car there or purchase from them. My only experiences there have been negative so I avoid it like the plague. I go to Sonnen and East Bay. Some times Concord.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 X3 MT
I once stopped at Weatherford and bought windshield washer fluid. Think it was $2.29. Transaction went smoothly, no complaints.

But based on everything I've read here and on Yelp, don't know if I'd use them for any larger purchase or service transaction.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335D MSport
My experience with Weatherford BMW has been positive so far. My family and I had been buying BMWs from other dealers in both So-Cal and the Bay Area. I was in the market for a 3 series. I wasn't getting the car and deal I wanted, so I went to Weatherford to see what they had. I found a new 2008 335i on their lot and was very happy with the deal and treatment from Guy Parish. He is the night manager and works the later hours. Over the years he has been helpful, courteous, checks-in and follows up. He listens and "makes things happen" both pre and post sale, including service needs. He knew I was interested in the 335d, and I asked if he could get me a 335d loaner when my 335i was in for service(when they were rare), and he did! I don't think it was a loaner car either, it didn't have any miles on it! I was hooked on the 335d even while in a 335i, and later came back to him to buy one! So it may have been a good sales tactic and/or great post sales service. Either way, he delivered. Win-win.

When my lease was up, I found a great car at another dealer, but I came back to Weatherford mainly because of Guy's patient persistence, consistent great and honest service and the killer deal on my last 2008 335i. With enough incentives it worked out again on my 2011 335d. It was simple to lay the ground work and there was no need to go back and forth. It usually comes down to the best deal and similar deals were still to be had, but I honestly can say I was happy to give Guy the business. And through him, Weatherford.

PM me if you want more info, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post his contact info on here or not. But just ask for Guy Parish at Weatherford BMW in Berkeley.
2000' 328ci MT TIAG/Blk/Alum | 1986' 325es MT | 1981' 528i MT
Old 08-24-2011, 08:28 AM

Mein Auto: 08 X5 3.0
I guess some people here have good and bad experiences dealing with Weatherford dealership. People with the good experience dealing with Weatherford BMW are usually the ones, who just happily agree with whatever price the Weatherford BMW asks (surely below MSRP but above invoice). Beside, people with bad experience are usually ones, who try to beat the price below invoice (just like me). Hints: through BMW SF, I have got 2 3-series few Ks below invoice, while in weatherford, their selling price couldn't even touch the invoice.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i
Bumping this to add a bad experience with Weatherford.

A couple of months ago, I emailed a bunch of Bay Area dealers to ask for quotes on a built to order 328i Sportline. I got a few similar offers from various dealers in the Bay Area but I initially went with Weatherford because the internet sales guy was responsive and seemed friendly. After going for a test drive (in a car similar to the one I was ordering) and going over the options I wanted, the salesman printed out a build sheet, circled the agreed upon price, and initialed next to it.

3.5 weeks later, I got an email from the salesman letting me know that he couldn't order the car that we agreed to that day without adding leather (a $1,450 option). After getting the email, I immediately called the salesman who stated that it was impossible to order a 3 series sportline without leather and, as a result, I would have to add the option if I wanted the car. Surprised by this, I immediately went to BMW's official website, which directly contradicted the salesman and let me build a sportline without leather. I also called a couple of other dealers about the leather requirement and every dealer agreed that it was not a requirement and also common knowledge that leather was not required. Basically, Weatherford was either incompetent for not knowing how to order the car or flat out lying and trying to upsell me on options.

When I went back to the salesman with the information I collected, instead of getting an apology or confirmation that I could get the car exactly how I wanted it, I got a crappy response from the salesman that I should "not jump to conclusions" and that the build sheet in which he circled the price and initialed was "not official". What's the point of circling a price and signing your name next to it if it means nothing?

After getting that email, I cancelled the order and got my car from Mountain View BMW (which was extremely straightforward and easy to deal with). After cancelling my order, it took them more than 3 weeks (and multiple requests) to issue a refund on my deposit. I'm ok with a refund taking a couple of days but they were excessively slow in giving me my money back.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by soopra View Post
Weatherford was either incompetent for not knowing how to order the car or flat out lying and trying to upsell me on options.
There is a thrid possibility: Weatherford was going to squeeze you at the closing for a few mnore thousand, and didnt want a 'non leather' car that they'd have to sell if you refused to go forward. That circled price means nothing to them once the car arrives and they fork you over to Finance...