Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 11-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Fast Bob's Avatar
Fast Bob Fast Bob is offline
Keeping it surreal
Location: Here, there, everywhere....
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 34,081
Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrlRulz View Post
Today my bimmer just went without luck. I was driving it without any problem and suddenly start for GAS SILVER ( 89 octane ) and i got around 50 mile left in the tank, so i filled it up 20 dollars in the car, suddenly when i tried to start the engine it was like run out of gas, so it didnt accelerate, so i was like what the heck... i just pull more gas and it was like i took gas out of the care, the meter didnt go up immediately, so i was like it was gas or water? ...

so i approached to the pump and look it over again, to make sure it was GAS... not diesel or anything else, then i went to another pump and fill it up 10 dollars more, so it should be 3/4 of tank already but meter didnt show anything at al... so i tried to turn on again the engine and no luck, it was like trying even with the gas pedal on the top and nothing...

So i assume that was the GAS pump or filter or whatever... my repair shop it was closed today at least they received my bimmer,, so on monday they will check it out...

What do u think guys? ...
A bad fuel pump, clogged fuel filter, or failing CPS are just a few things which could cause those symptoms....
__________________
The road goes ever onward....
(R.I.P. Jever)

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-19-2011, 11:24 AM
XtrlRulz XtrlRulz is offline
Registered User
Location: Miami
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 85
Mein Auto: BMW 2002 325XI
CPS ? Explain that one, the other 2 i got it... and i think its a bad fuel pump or the filter...
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Fast Bob's Avatar
Fast Bob Fast Bob is offline
Keeping it surreal
Location: Here, there, everywhere....
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 34,081
Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrlRulz View Post
CPS ? Explain that one, the other 2 i got it... and i think its a bad fuel pump or the filter...
We have this little thing here called *the SEARCH function*....you should learn how to use it, you`ll be amazed at all the information stored there....

(Crank Position Sensor)
__________________
The road goes ever onward....
(R.I.P. Jever)

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-19-2011, 01:36 PM
XtrlRulz XtrlRulz is offline
Registered User
Location: Miami
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 85
Mein Auto: BMW 2002 325XI
Thanks for the answer... I just didnt mind to use it... Just keep that comment to you.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11-21-2011, 07:25 PM
XtrlRulz XtrlRulz is offline
Registered User
Location: Miami
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 85
Mein Auto: BMW 2002 325XI
Dear bimmers fan, i want to ask you ... my Fuel pump just failed on me, the bmw dealer is offering me the fuel pump for 263 dollars, so i guess plus tax... so i would want to ask, it is a good deal ? or expensive ? thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11-22-2011, 08:15 PM
XtrlRulz XtrlRulz is offline
Registered User
Location: Miami
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 85
Mein Auto: BMW 2002 325XI
And yes was the Pump Fuel, i replace it today cost me 261 with taxes... and 100 of hand work... all done... now the car runs better and feels better... even i think im saving more gas.. =)
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-27-2012, 06:56 PM
XtrlRulz XtrlRulz is offline
Registered User
Location: Miami
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 85
Mein Auto: BMW 2002 325XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Bob View Post
Congrats on the new ride !
Rather than jumping right on that mod train, you might want to save your money for things which will keep your BMW on the road (i.e., cooling system rebuild, CVV, VANOS seals, LCABs, brakes, etc.).

Bob, right now im jumping to do over Cooling System, When you mentioned it i guess you refer to : Water Pump, Water Expansion Tank and The hoses, right ? I want to fix those because i noticed some leak.

Also, thinking on Flush the Radiator, what do you think for the Cooling system, will it get everything done ? Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-27-2012, 08:59 PM
Fast Bob's Avatar
Fast Bob Fast Bob is offline
Keeping it surreal
Location: Here, there, everywhere....
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 34,081
Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrlRulz View Post
Bob, right now im jumping to do over Cooling System, When you mentioned it i guess you refer to : Water Pump, Water Expansion Tank and The hoses, right ? I want to fix those because i noticed some leak.

Also, thinking on Flush the Radiator, what do you think for the Cooling system, will it get everything done ? Thanks!
There are complete cooling system rebuild kits which are very reasonably-priced....check with www.oembimmerparts.com, I think they might have the best price.
This is probably the best thing you can do....think of it as "Life Insurance For Your Car".
__________________
The road goes ever onward....
(R.I.P. Jever)

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-28-2012, 11:27 AM
XtrlRulz XtrlRulz is offline
Registered User
Location: Miami
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 85
Mein Auto: BMW 2002 325XI
Thank you very much BOB, because i've been noticing that my coolant is getting low, but if i park my car on my garage point down , looking outside you know (reverse ) there is a little decline so there is LESSer coolant loss than if i park it pointing toward the garage... so i guess there is a leak around the expansion tank, i will look into it on saturday, but i've been thinking on change everything bc of the recently post over the forum... mine is 182K miles, so i think is time... what do you think ?
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-28-2012, 11:37 AM
Fast Bob's Avatar
Fast Bob Fast Bob is offline
Keeping it surreal
Location: Here, there, everywhere....
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 34,081
Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrlRulz View Post
Thank you very much BOB, because i've been noticing that my coolant is getting low, but if i park my car on my garage point down , looking outside you know (reverse ) there is a little decline so there is LESSer coolant loss than if i park it pointing toward the garage... so i guess there is a leak around the expansion tank, i will look into it on saturday, but i've been thinking on change everything bc of the recently post over the forum... mine is 182K miles, so i think is time... what do you think ?
At *that* mileage, you should be going on your THIRD cooling system by now....
__________________
The road goes ever onward....
(R.I.P. Jever)

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 03-28-2012, 12:58 PM
XtrlRulz XtrlRulz is offline
Registered User
Location: Miami
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 85
Mein Auto: BMW 2002 325XI
Hahaha, i just bought the car, remember ? Im just getting ready to start doing all the "Refresh" "CLeaning" stuff with the car
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Gryphon's Avatar
Gryphon Gryphon is offline
I brew life
Location: Mt. Holly, NJ
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,589
Mein Auto: 2005 ZHP, Wife's Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrlRulz View Post
Hahaha, i just bought the car, remember ? Im just getting ready to start doing all the "Refresh" "CLeaning" stuff with the car
The cooling system is a great load off your mind once it's done. The forums have made me extra paranoid about failure. Did the ZHP now I just need some warm weather for the Xi. I got my kit from Max at OEM Bimmer parts. There's an extra hose that doesn't come with most refresh kits that I would advise changing.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...941&highlight=

The brass bleeder screw is another cheap/nice option for a few bucks more. If you haven't already done so replace both belt pulleys and belts.
__________________
Arthur John
Born 02-24-11

Has already been awarded the title "Destroyer of Sleep"
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-28-2012, 03:44 PM
XtrlRulz XtrlRulz is offline
Registered User
Location: Miami
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 85
Mein Auto: BMW 2002 325XI
I dont get the Brass bleeder screw beside is iron material compare to the one that the car has already,, any fuction beside the looking ? ...

The Belt Pulleys and belts are the next thing to do... But i prefer to go with the Cooling system and the oil /filter change for now.
Not enough money to do it everything, btw, how much is suposse to ask me the mechanic for the Cooling system work? Any idea? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Fast Bob's Avatar
Fast Bob Fast Bob is offline
Keeping it surreal
Location: Here, there, everywhere....
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 34,081
Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrlRulz View Post
I dont get the Brass bleeder screw beside is iron material compare to the one that the car has already,, any fuction beside the looking ? ...

The Belt Pulleys and belts are the next thing to do... But i prefer to go with the Cooling system and the oil /filter change for now.
Not enough money to do it everything, btw, how much is suposse to ask me the mechanic for the Cooling system work? Any idea? Thanks
The standard bleeder screw *is plastic*, and has a reputation for breaking off. Get the brass one. Also, it`s foolish to NOT do the belts and pulleys now, especially since you`re PAYING for the labor (why pay twice for the same job ???) Do it while everything is already apart.
Did you ever pull a wrench before? This is not that hard of a DIY job, even for a beginner....
__________________
The road goes ever onward....
(R.I.P. Jever)

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-28-2012, 04:39 PM
XtrlRulz XtrlRulz is offline
Registered User
Location: Miami
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 85
Mein Auto: BMW 2002 325XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Bob View Post
The standard bleeder screw *is plastic*, and has a reputation for breaking off. Get the brass one. Also, it`s foolish to NOT do the belts and pulleys now, especially since you`re PAYING for the labor (why pay twice for the same job ???) Do it while everything is already apart.
Did you ever pull a wrench before? This is not that hard of a DIY job, even for a beginner....
So do you think i could get all the parts and also adding the Pulleys and belts and i can do it by myself ?
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Fast Bob's Avatar
Fast Bob Fast Bob is offline
Keeping it surreal
Location: Here, there, everywhere....
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 34,081
Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrlRulz View Post
So do you think i could get all the parts and also adding the Pulleys and belts and i can do it by myself ?
The question is, "Do YOU think you can do it ?"

How`s your mechanical aptitude/ experience ?
__________________
The road goes ever onward....
(R.I.P. Jever)

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-28-2012, 05:51 PM
XtrlRulz XtrlRulz is offline
Registered User
Location: Miami
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 85
Mein Auto: BMW 2002 325XI
Hehehe, that's a good question ... i will check some DIY and i will decide , But thanks
Im getting those part for the change by the end of april...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms