Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 11-06-2011, 03:06 PM
bayoucity's Avatar
bayoucity bayoucity is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,495
Mein Auto: 2011 335d & 2014 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZATWORK View Post
I so hate the Gran Turismo version. Hate it, hate it, hate it. Who is the target audience for this automotive abomination?

The target audience is someone with a German Shepherd.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-06-2011, 03:33 PM
yogi799 yogi799 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ontario
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,231
Mein Auto: '11 535i, '99 328i retd
X6 is so so, I don't like cross-overs to begin with but at least it doesn't make me vomit like the prev. X3 and X1.

Previous 7 (E65) was actually half-decent. I never really hated it, but what followed it - the prev. 5, was terrible. So they get it right, then wrong, then right again, and so on...

1-series needs to vanish from this planet. Then X1. The world will be a better place w/o those two entry-level mishaps. The new 3, current 5 and 7 are overall great looking cars (7 being last of them, though). Keep it that way. Oh, X5 is stunning as well - no doubt the best looking SUV ever made.
__________________
2011 535i F10 delivered
1999 328i E46 retired



LOGMYMPG sponsored by ckvideo.ca
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-06-2011, 03:53 PM
BMWFTW91 BMWFTW91 is offline
GONE
Location: Michigan
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,030
Mein Auto: .................
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi799 View Post
X6 is so so, I don't like cross-overs to begin with but at least it doesn't make me vomit like the prev. X3 and X1.

Previous 7 (E65) was actually half-decent. I never really hated it, but what followed it - the prev. 5, was terrible. So they get it right, then wrong, then right again, and so on...

1-series needs to vanish from this planet. Then X1. The world will be a better place w/o those two entry-level mishaps. The new 3, current 5 and 7 are overall great looking cars (7 being last of them, though). Keep it that way. Oh, X5 is stunning as well - no doubt the best looking SUV ever made.
This is Bmw's strategy, either make an extremely fugly car like the X1 or 5 series GT or make an extremely sexy car like the bmw F10.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-06-2011, 04:05 PM
tlm999 tlm999 is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 903
Mein Auto: '11 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth.Pilot View Post
I buy cars to drive too. The E60 wasn't just ugly, it had a retro 6 speed auto, and when I needed a car in less than a week no one had a car with DHP and ARS. My M3 was breaking down too much and I had found someone to pay top dollar to take it off my hands, so I was in a shot-gun purchase situation. I'm happy to have the F10, but there is no way I would have bought an E60, or for that matter an E-Class.
I had two E60's and loved them both. Not the best exterior design but fantastic to drive. Not complaining about my F10 but the E60 was a better driving car.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-06-2011, 04:31 PM
dunderhi's Avatar
dunderhi dunderhi is offline
0-60 in 4 secs or less!
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,862
Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Where's Capo?
__________________


2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-06-2011, 04:34 PM
dunccfp dunccfp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Long Island, NY
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 484
Mein Auto: F10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFTW91 View Post
This is Bmw's strategy, either make an extremely fugly car like the X1 or 5 series GT or make an extremely sexy car like the bmw F10.
That Cadillac is ugly also. Who the hell would buy a car with a point in the back trunk ??
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-06-2011, 04:38 PM
bayoucity's Avatar
bayoucity bayoucity is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,495
Mein Auto: 2011 335d & 2014 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunderhi View Post
Where's Capo?
That's the guy with a German Shepherd, right?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-06-2011, 05:03 PM
dunderhi's Avatar
dunderhi dunderhi is offline
0-60 in 4 secs or less!
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,862
Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoucity View Post
That's the guy with a German Shepherd, right?
Oh, now I get it. I thought it was a wolf, so I didn't make the association. Anyway he must be out driving his GT.
__________________


2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-06-2011, 05:11 PM
BMWFTW91 BMWFTW91 is offline
GONE
Location: Michigan
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,030
Mein Auto: .................
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunccfp View Post
That Cadillac is ugly also. Who the hell would buy a car with a point in the back trunk ??
I am entitled to buy what ever the heck I want to buy, your opinion does not mean nothing to me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-06-2011, 05:18 PM
DreamCar's Avatar
DreamCar DreamCar is offline
Moderator
Location: Planet Earth
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,472
Mein Auto: F10 M5
You think f10 GT is worst? Then what abt Prius?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-06-2011, 05:22 PM
BZATWORK's Avatar
BZATWORK BZATWORK is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Out West
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 266
Mein Auto: 2011 550i XDrive
The German Shepherd/Wolf/Capo reference is totally lost on me. Assist, please.
__________________
2011 550i Xdrive Dinan Stages 1 and 2 - oh yeah!
2009 X5 3.0 - adios
2007 X5 3.0 - buh-bye
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Needsdecaf's Avatar
Needsdecaf Needsdecaf is offline
Everything's Bigger in TX
Location: The Woodlands, TX
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,106
Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFTW91 View Post
I am entitled to buy what ever the heck I want to buy, your opinion does not mean nothing to me.
You're right, you are.

And we are entitled to our opinion whether it means anything to you or not.

Personally, I have no qualms with the CTS, except that the wagon is a joke and an affront to anyone who actually would buy a wagon, which means it's doomed.
__________________
2011 535i
Sophisto Grau / Oyster - Black Nappa, Anthracite Wood Gone but not forgotten.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-06-2011, 05:32 PM
BZATWORK's Avatar
BZATWORK BZATWORK is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Out West
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 266
Mein Auto: 2011 550i XDrive
The guy is from Michigan for Pete's sake - if he didn't own an American car, he'd be burnt at the stake. He's good in my book.
__________________
2011 550i Xdrive Dinan Stages 1 and 2 - oh yeah!
2009 X5 3.0 - adios
2007 X5 3.0 - buh-bye
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Stealth.Pilot's Avatar
Stealth.Pilot Stealth.Pilot is offline
The Driver
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,569
Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Since we are off topic, I liked the CTS styling at first. However recently whenever I am approaching a Cadillac I am struck by how retro they look with those vertical taillights. Not a fan anymore. I think this is the problem with retro styling - fads quickly look dated. The same issue affected the Chrysler 300, the new Lincoln's, The Ford Thunderbird, The current Mustang. These cars very quickly look old (because they are immitating old).

Cadillac I think will hit a wall soon in terms of growth, unless they take a leaf out of Jaguar's book and come up with a modern interpretation of their brand that isn't too rested in the past. If they do manage this though, they will grow - the cars are very good.
__________________

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels

Last edited by Stealth.Pilot; 11-06-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-06-2011, 05:34 PM
alewifebp's Avatar
alewifebp alewifebp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Northern NJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 934
Mein Auto: 2014 550i
Well the GT isn't for everyone. From a luxury and practicality standpoint, it is pretty good. The rear seat room is much larger than that of the F10. I really don't care for the design much either, but I can think of tons of other cars that are uglier.
__________________
ED on 7/18/2014: 2014 550i, Space Gray, Mocha. M Sport, Cold Weather, DAP, Executive, Lighting
PCD on 9/6/2011: 2011 550i, DSB, black/oyster. Prem 2, Conv, Ventilated, HUD, Sport, DHP, SAT
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-06-2011, 05:35 PM
BMWFTW91 BMWFTW91 is offline
GONE
Location: Michigan
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,030
Mein Auto: .................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
You're right, you are.

And we are entitled to our opinion whether it means anything to you or not.

Personally, I have no qualms with the CTS, except that the wagon is a joke and an affront to anyone who actually would buy a wagon, which means it's doomed.
We are talking about Bmw's we think are fugly, but now where did I make fun of any one who buys them.

He pretty much made me look like a fool by asking who would buy a car with a point sticking out? I don't tell any one what car to buy nor should he.
At the end of the day, there is no way you can please every body with the car you drive.
Buy a car because you like it, no one else's opinion should matter.

When I was calling certain Bmws ugly, I did not mean to offend anyone.
__________________

Last edited by BMWFTW91; 11-06-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-06-2011, 05:36 PM
swajames swajames is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Silicon Valley
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 997
Mein Auto: Jaguar F-Type V8 S
It's important to recognize that those who actually own the GT seem - almost without exception - to absolutely love them. BMW did something very right as far as those buyers were concerned.

Still, isn't it better to just accept that we all find utility and beauty in different places?
__________________
2014 Jaguar F-Type V8 S
Range Rover HSE Lux, Orkney Gray, Sand interior
Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible, Midnight Blue, 6-Speed
BMW 550i, BMW 545i
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-06-2011, 05:43 PM
bayoucity's Avatar
bayoucity bayoucity is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,495
Mein Auto: 2011 335d & 2014 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZATWORK View Post
The German Shepherd/Wolf/Capo reference is totally lost on me. Assist, please.
D & me are debating about the creature that is resting on top of his center console. Some calls it a costume, werewolf, chewbacca and so on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	capo.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	300079  
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-06-2011, 05:46 PM
BMW_ACURA BMW_ACURA is offline
Banned
Location: HOUSTON, TX
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 214
Mein Auto: 535i sport-premium-Nav
See OP i am not the only one here asking you to change your "UGLY" wheels, get rid of them man do it fast before all of us here say i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it those wheels on such a cool car
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Stealth.Pilot's Avatar
Stealth.Pilot Stealth.Pilot is offline
The Driver
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,569
Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by swajames View Post
It's important to recognize that those who actually own the GT seem - almost without exception - to absolutely love them. BMW did something very right as far as those buyers were concerned.

Still, isn't it better to just accept that we all find utility and beauty in different places?
You are absolutely right. But it was also true that Pontiac Aztek owners really loved that car. Just because a small group of buyers loved it didn't mean that it didn't do irreparable damage to Pontiac's brand.

535GT isn't anywhere near as bad as that monstrosity, but it does diminish BMWs image as a sexy brand, as they produce more of these less broadly appealing cars. If you think Aston Martin, you think of beauty as well as power and soul. If you think of BMW, you think of technology and performance but not beauty. That is because they make cars like the 1er, 5GT, X5. If all their cars had the more sleek and sporty styling of the latest Z4, F30, F10, F01 and even X6, then BMW might be known for beauty.
__________________

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels

Last edited by Stealth.Pilot; 11-06-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-06-2011, 05:58 PM
swajames swajames is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Silicon Valley
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 997
Mein Auto: Jaguar F-Type V8 S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth.Pilot View Post
You are absolutely right. But it was also true that Pontiac Aztek owners really loved that car. Just because a small group of buyers loved it didn't mean that it didn't do irreparable damage to Pontiac's brand.

535GT isn't anywhere near as bad as that monstrosity, but it does diminish BMWs image as a sexy brand, as they produce more of these less broadly appealing cars. If you think Aston Martin, you think of beauty as well as power and soul. If you think of BMW, you think of technology and performance but not beauty. That is because they make cars like the 1er, 5GT, X5. If all their cars had the more sleek and sporty styling of the latest Z4, F30, F10, F01 and even X6, then BMW might be known for beauty.
Fair point on those Azteks, Stealth!
__________________
2014 Jaguar F-Type V8 S
Range Rover HSE Lux, Orkney Gray, Sand interior
Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible, Midnight Blue, 6-Speed
BMW 550i, BMW 545i
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-06-2011, 06:16 PM
dunderhi's Avatar
dunderhi dunderhi is offline
0-60 in 4 secs or less!
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,862
Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoucity View Post
D & me are debating about the creature that is resting on top of his center console. Some calls it a costume, werewolf, chewbacca and so on.
Now that I look at it, it kind of looks like an Ewok. Sorry about that Capo.

OP, Capobranco is an F07 owner who loves his GT. He visits the F10 forum frequently AND he will respond in this thread.
__________________


2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-06-2011, 06:17 PM
dunccfp dunccfp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Long Island, NY
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 484
Mein Auto: F10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFTW91 View Post
We are talking about Bmw's we think are fugly, but now where did I make fun of any one who buys them.

He pretty much made me look like a fool by asking who would buy a car with a point sticking out? I don't tell any one what car to buy nor should he.
At the end of the day, there is no way you can please every body with the car you drive.
Buy a car because you like it, no one else's opinion should matter.

When I was calling certain Bmws ugly, I did not mean to offend anyone.
I didnt mean to offend anyone either, but that doesnt change the fact that the Cadillac is ugly.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-06-2011, 06:26 PM
BMWFTW91 BMWFTW91 is offline
GONE
Location: Michigan
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,030
Mein Auto: .................
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunccfp View Post
I didnt mean to offend anyone either, but that doesnt change the fact that the Cadillac is ugly.
Like I always say, one man's opinion is one man's opinion.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-06-2011, 06:28 PM
BZATWORK's Avatar
BZATWORK BZATWORK is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Out West
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 266
Mein Auto: 2011 550i XDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_ACURA View Post
See OP i am not the only one here asking you to change your "UGLY" wheels, get rid of them man do it fast before all of us here say i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it those wheels on such a cool car
:::shaking fist:::: KHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!! KHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!!



__________________
2011 550i Xdrive Dinan Stages 1 and 2 - oh yeah!
2009 X5 3.0 - adios
2007 X5 3.0 - buh-bye

Last edited by BZATWORK; 11-06-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms