Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 11-11-2011, 05:52 PM
only one screen name

Send a message via AIM to obmd1
Mein Auto: '14 X5 35D
Moody's may have something to say:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...r_postpolitics
Old 11-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Squeal like a BMW

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi A4
I hope the university and the football program recover from this, and I'm an SEC guy. They need to clean house, but the number of students and athletes who knew nothing about this don't deserve to be punished.

I can't believe the pimping rumors - its just too horrible to even consider.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:13 PM
We want the Lion!

Mein Auto: 03 ZHP, 01 X5, 73 MGB
Quote:
Originally Posted by beewang View Post
If you cannot come to the same conclusion then you need to go back to Penn State and get a refund as they have would have FAILED in educating you...
Save the personal attacks please.

And you're a moderator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Bob View Post
JUST...LOOK...UNDER...THE...CAR....for Chrissakes....it`s like checking to see if a dog is male or female....
Quote:
Originally Posted by smolck View Post
A bimmer with forced induction should have a proper manual gearbox. Anything less is like french kissing your sister.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Ahh! Summer Weather!!

Mein Auto: E90, Porsche 911, VW GTI
I would bet that PSU won't be playing football next year. There's pressure on the NCAA to sanction them hard.

Porsche: Accept no substitute, unless you're poor!

The E90 sedan is the last in the line of great 4 door 3 Series BMW's. Too bad.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

06/02/2005-06/02/2014: 9 great years on Bimmerfest!!!
Old 11-13-2011, 06:32 PM
only one screen name

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpowders View Post
I would bet that PSU won't be playing football next year. There's pressure on the NCAA to sanction them hard.
I agree. The Big 10 should step up and find homes for the team and break it up. If they hit PSU for failure to monitor and and take the post season away (and they will) to not do something worse for PSU will smell bad.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:13 PM
Ahh! Summer Weather!!

Mein Auto: E90, Porsche 911, VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by obmd1 View Post
I agree. The Big 10 should step up and find homes for the team and break it up. If they hit PSU for failure to monitor and and take the post season away (and they will) to not do something worse for PSU will smell bad.
The NCAA will be feeling pressure to send a serious message and that to me means no football next season at PSU. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Porsche: Accept no substitute, unless you're poor!

The E90 sedan is the last in the line of great 4 door 3 Series BMW's. Too bad.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

06/02/2005-06/02/2014: 9 great years on Bimmerfest!!!
Old 11-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott ZHP View Post
Save the personal attacks please.

And you're a moderator?
It wasn't personal pal, feel free to replace "you" with "one" and re-read.

This isn't about Penn State dude... its about "doing the right thing" I'd say the exact same thing if this was Ohio State, Oregon or "insert ANY higher education institution you want" and I would call to fry anyone who is in charge and did nothing to protect the welfare of a minor.

You, my friend need to get out of the "JoePa is football god for me and he can do no wrong" mode and get back to what we were taught in doing right from wrong. Kids were RAPED for Godsake!! and these people just stood and watched and covered-up. There should more than 5 people getting fried!!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:47 AM
only one screen name

Quote:
Wuups I meant "I they hit OSU with failure to monitor"

Same point though.

Last edited by obmd1; 11-14-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:56 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1990 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryItalia View Post
So according to you he didn't just ignore it......he reported it..... AND THEN ignored it...W0W

Somehow I don't think that will give the victims anymore comfort......

When something like this happens, you report it and THEN follow up on it and see it through, which is exactly what would have happened if it was one of HIS OWN kids.

Not taking measures to see that this situation is handled appropriately is the same as being an accessory. JoePa saw with his own eyes how this was swept under the rug and if he was a decent human being, would know that just wasn't right. He should burn with the rest of them.

Additionally, anyone who labels Joe as a "great man" needs to remember that being a football coach is not applicable to that title. Joe was a SUCCESSFUL man on and off the field.....nothing more
When there is proof of a cover-up...when there is evidence associated with names, then I will re-evaluate my opinion...until then most of what has been reported is speculation. I have seen people's lives all but ruined because of rumor...later to be found completely innnocent of various accusations. As far as sweeping things under the rug, apparently the DA at the time didn't press charges against Sandusky for some reason, nor did a grand jury indite Paterno, something to consider. Another thing to consider is the innocent people who likely will be caught-up in the rush to prosecute/persecute anyone who may or may not be associated with Sandusky's actions. Such witch-hunts benefit no-one...especially the legitimate victims, and often result in botched cases where the guilty go free, or have minor convictions.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Squeal like a BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmpsy View Post
When there is proof of a cover-up...when there is evidence associated with names, then I will re-evaluate my opinion...until then most of what has been reported is speculation. I have seen people's lives all but ruined because of rumor...later to be found completely innnocent of various accusations. As far as sweeping things under the rug, apparently the DA at the time didn't press charges against Sandusky for some reason, nor did a grand jury indite Paterno, something to consider. Another thing to consider is the innocent people who likely will be caught-up in the rush to prosecute/persecute anyone who may or may not be associated with Sandusky's actions. Such witch-hunts benefit no-one...especially the legitimate victims, and often result in botched cases where the guilty go free, or have minor convictions.
Reason being he disappeared off the face of the earth . . .

Paterno wasn't indicted because he didn't break the law. But a university has the right to apply more stringent requirements of moral behavior than "didn't break the law", or at least they do now that the lunatics have been kicked out of the asylum.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:30 AM

Mein Auto: 1990 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc_22 View Post
Reason being he disappeared off the face of the earth . . .

Paterno wasn't indicted because he didn't break the law. But a university has the right to apply more stringent requirements of moral behavior than "didn't break the law", or at least they do now that the lunatics have been kicked out of the asylum.
He disappeared a few years after the investigation.

A University can hire and fire anyone they want (according to that persons contract), and deal with the consequences, good or bad. Athletics are too important to many colleges/universities. Imagine some of the stuff that goes on that we will never hear about.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 650 Coupe, 323i
With all the millions of dollars at stake there is no way that big time Universities let alone the small ones can be expected to self police themselves against sexual misconduct, financial misconduct and anything else for that matter. The NCAA is fighting a losing battle and has been for decades, something drastic needs to change if its ever going to get better.

2012, 650i Coupe, Carbon Black, Black Nappa leather, M Sport , CWP,DAP, IAS, 20" Wheels,
BMWCCA Member since 07/2008
Old 11-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Squeal like a BMW

ESPN just reported that Sandusky is out on bail, seen around town wearing PSU paraphernalia, and that his back deck backs up to an elementary school playground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoine Dodson
Hide yo kids!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:35 PM
I just don't get it?

Mein Auto: 335xi, Mini, Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 330i View Post
Missing DA investigated Sandusky case. Wow, more stories unfolding.

Missing prosecutor didn't charge Sandusky after 1998 report
DA Ray Gricar went for a drive in 2005 and was never seen again
Gricar's state computer was found in river, too damaged to read
Going completely from memory...I thought the HD was removed from the computer.

Yes, I'm starting the rumor that boosters paid the mafia for a hit.

If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because man, they're gone.
2008 BMW 335xi
2006 MINI Cooper S Convertible
2011 Ford Edge Limited
Old 11-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: Snakes and Larva

Old 11-15-2011, 06:04 PM
only one screen name

hmmmmm
Old 11-17-2011, 08:21 PM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
Oh no, not another molesting story in sports

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:47 AM
only one screen name

Quote:
Oh no, not another molesting story in sports
That one.... (Syracuse) is something entirely different. The "victim" claims the "abuse" continued until he was 27 years old.

That's not molestation. That's gay with regret.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:55 AM
The King of Common Sense

Mein Auto:
Quote:
That one.... (Syracuse) is something entirely different. The "victim" claims the "abuse" continued until he was 27 years old.

That's not molestation. That's gay with regret.
when did it started? Is that considered gay stuff at that age?

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:29 AM
only one screen name

Quote:
when did it started? Is that considered gay stuff at that age?
I think he was 18 or so. I'm not sure, but there is clearly something more complicated in play here. I reserve judgement until more facts are in. Apparently ESPN had info on this in 2003 and declined to run it because there was no corroboration.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:35 AM
The King of Common Sense

Mein Auto:
Quote:
I think he was 18 or so. I'm not sure, but there is clearly something more complicated in play here. I reserve judgement until more facts are in. Apparently ESPN had info on this in 2003 and declined to run it because there was no corroboration.
Well, maybe you can argue about the headline. I'll leave that to you.

Another College Coach Is Accused of Sexually Abusing Young Boys

You can say accused, but not charged.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:41 PM
"Clunker" *****

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528A--165K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderm0n View Post
If you aren't aware of what is going on: http://deadspin.com/5856777/a-guide-...lful-ignorance

So...... sad days for Penn State and PSU alum like me. The story is sickening, and worse that some of the alleged crimes were committed on PSU grounds/facilities. Did JoPa know what Sandusky was up to? Did he have a moral obligation to do more than notify PSU administration regarding the incident reported to him? Will JoPa retire this year? Is his reputation destroyed?

It's all a bit overwhelming for many of the PSU faithful right now.
Coaches abusing kids? So what else is new?
Old 06-22-2012, 07:23 PM
O.G.

Mein Auto: 2011 MDX, 2001 330xi
Guilty.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:16 AM
I just don't get it?

Mein Auto: 335xi, Mini, Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderm0n View Post
Guilty.
Could it possibly have been anything else? Here's to hoping he gets his own, special time in the showers...

If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because man, they're gone.
2008 BMW 335xi
2006 MINI Cooper S Convertible
2011 Ford Edge Limited
Old 06-23-2012, 06:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 AW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Could it possibly have been anything else? Here's to hoping he gets his own, special time in the showers...